Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
takaeza
Realm: Garona

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by takaeza »

Hi.....been trying to get Skoll....Monday I camped 2 of his spots by the dragonkin for 11hrs, plus flying to his other 2 spots further away. Tuesday morning I logged in right after the servers came back and camped for 4.5 hrs with no luck at all.
Anyone seen him lately that might give me some kind of timeline? Sure would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

takaeza wrote:Hi.....been trying to get Skoll....Monday I camped 2 of his spots by the dragonkin for 11hrs, plus flying to his other 2 spots further away. Tuesday morning I logged in right after the servers came back and camped for 4.5 hrs with no luck at all.
Anyone seen him lately that might give me some kind of timeline? Sure would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Skoll tends to have a 12 - 20 hr respawn.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

FearNoFear
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by FearNoFear »

Hi. Think I´m on a good server, Zenedar that is. startet to look for Arcturis day before yesterday. I was reading this thread and when server came back online wednesday I started camping. camped all day, with only small breaks. at 1:15am I logged out to go to bed. 6 hours later at 7:15am when I logged in he was there. So it was a way lot easier to get him than I feared. During the campday I only saw 4 other hunters comming to look for him.
ohh yeah....! made a short fly to Zul drake after I tammed Acrturis, and well I tammed Gondria to, had a free pet slot anyway :)

good luck out there, and maybe it is true that this thread brings the luck to you.

FearX

ps. think i will try and get Terrorpene now, when it seems to be that easy on my server.
ServÅntos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Zaricotl...

Unread post by ServÅntos »

Anyone know any info on Zaricotl spawn times?

Signature made by Veph
Demonwolf
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: kael'thas

Unread post by Demonwolf »

i found him early morning around 4-5 server, zaricotl
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Hi there!!! Every1 that Has Red Madexx! plz help me!

Unread post by wildstormz »

Hey there every1 i would like you all give me some good spots, good times red Madexx normally spawns up!!!

Also Screen-shots I really love see them all!

THanks!
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Re: Hi there!!! Every1 that Has Red Madexx! plz help me!

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Timers won't help, madexx is just far far too random to rely on anything outside chekcing at random yourself. I know Ryai found him in the west of his spawn site yesterday though, same place she found him in black I believe.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Re: Hi there!!! Every1 that Has Red Madexx! plz help me!

Unread post by Teevo »

Yep, its all random regarding color. There are 5 specific spawn locations, but again that too is random. The only pattern I came across during my weeks of camping was the respawn timer was always between 10-15hrs. Good luck to ya.

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Luckyhunter
Realm: Kilrogg

Lesson learned. CLEAR YOUR CACHE!

Unread post by Luckyhunter »

I'm currently on the hunt for Sambas and normally I do clear my cache. Of course, the week I decided to not even bother, I fly right over my treasure and NPC scan is no where to be seen. Fortunately I've gotten in the habit of checking all the hostile animals around with my tracker and low and behold there's Sambas! But as I try to fly towards its location, I see a hunter running at it and I'm thinking, oh wait, this is just someone's pet trying to tease me.

Nope. :( Too slow on the draw, I lost my chance at Sambas. Again! He's the last of the rares to elude me and I will have him!

On that note, is there's a general consensus on how often he spawns? The two times I saw him (well, the first was when gen. chat mentioned taming Sambas) it was 7:30PM and spawned for me 7:30AM. Or is he just random luck that I seem to be out of right now?
Fillmore
Realm: Firetree

Re: Lesson learned. CLEAR YOUR CACHE!

Unread post by Fillmore »

Luckyhunter wrote:I'm currently on the hunt for Sambas and normally I do clear my cache. Of course, the week I decided to not even bother, I fly right over my treasure and NPC scan is no where to be seen. Fortunately I've gotten in the habit of checking all the hostile animals around with my tracker and low and behold there's Sambas! But as I try to fly towards its location, I see a hunter running at it and I'm thinking, oh wait, this is just someone's pet trying to tease me.

Nope. :( Too slow on the draw, I lost my chance at Sambas. Again! He's the last of the rares to elude me and I will have him!

On that note, is there's a general consensus on how often he spawns? The two times I saw him (well, the first was when gen. chat mentioned taming Sambas) it was 7:30PM and spawned for me 7:30AM. Or is he just random luck that I seem to be out of right now?
I'm on Firetree and I can tell you twice now I've had to find a hunter to come tame him. He really is the new Brokentooth of this expansion. Everyone wants him and will probably get him if they keep at it. Which is my advice, just keep at it and try to befriend other hunters as they will keep a look out for you as well.

I truly think that much like the Northrend rares it's a matter of time, patience and staying with it. Just stay positive and keep at it and you'll get him.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Camping Jadefang

Unread post by Moore »

Camping Jadefang

Anyone have any tips? I think I got the right spot in the cave I boosted on to one ledge and up on to the other and theres 3 purple spiders in there, and I have the daily. Does Jadefang spawn all the time? D: Like not on just the days with the daily? I've kept a hold of the daily for two days now in hopes of seeing Jade. Gonna tame if I can find o.o
Last edited by Vephriel on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged into Rare thread

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Jadefang's a rare spawn (can't remember her timer though) so no, she probably won't be in that cave all the time. She also gets camped by non-hunters because she drops a mini-pet.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

My question was does she spawn even if the quest isn't up? @_@ me and this other hunter are currently in the cave lol

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

She can spawn whenever. Never heard of a rare being tied into a quest to spawn before. >_>

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

Well thats what I was wondering, I mean you need a quest to get UP here in the first place so I didn't know. D: Catty!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You do need the quest to get up there, yes, but she spawns all the time regardless. You just keep that quest in your log without completing it.

By the way, no one's being catty. I was merely making a statement about how I've never heard of a rare spawn being tied in with a quest before. ;)

[/center]
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

K, ty o.o

mewmew

Jadefang just spawned, but I let the hunter who had been there longer than I had get him.

aquasky
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by aquasky »

Best advise I could ever give when it comes down to hunting down our treasures. Camping sucks! I realized that it's more fun to cruise around and look all over for all of them. If you fly around and don't find the one you are looking for just look for the others. It can also be a lot of fun helping other hunters get neat tames. In the last few days I have helped hunters get Gondria, Karoma, Skoll and a bonus TLPD. Also use both NPCscan and Silver Dragon, it never hurts to have a backup. Another thing, if you wanna spend gold on anything get the fastest flying you can it really helps. Happy hunting and just remember if you don't find it today you might tomorrow.

P.S. ALWAYS keep an active pet slot open, if you fill that slot your next stop should be a stable master.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Madexx, Respawn Timer?

I've been at him for a week now the first and only time I found him was on Sunday of last week in Brown at 6:13 AM Server. Now today people are saying 4 PM Server (Lightbringer). Can anyone confirm his respawn timer?

One person says its a 13 hour
Another says 24 hours. Im so confused :(

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lazurianis wrote:Madexx, Respawn Timer?

I've been at him for a week now the first and only time I found him was on Sunday of last week in Brown at 6:13 AM Server. Now today people are saying 4 PM Server (Lightbringer). Can anyone confirm his respawn timer?

One person says its a 13 hour
Another says 24 hours. Im so confused :(
It's 6 - 24 hours. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine