Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by Teigan » Thu May 23, 2019 10:54 pm

Vephriel wrote:
Teigan wrote:Anyone around alliance, NA server who could pull me to a low-pop server to look for Loque? I find that I need to have Loque with his proper name
The only Alliance alt I have is on a high pop realm, but I'm gonna go take a look anyways. :D

EDIT: No luck, and saw some campers, but I'll keep an eye out
Thank you! But, you must have sent some luck my way, because I ran into another hunter who was looking and we were able to help each other out :)

Now, to see about Ban'thalos!

Edit: Clearly, the RNG gods are with me tonight. Owl accomplished :D

Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:34 am

Anyone have any hints to find Trigore the Lasher? I have spent over a week trying to tame and yet never see him.

Xota
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 am

It's easiest when there's a few other people who can check for you too, since your hunter can only check 2 shards (WM on and WM off). If you don't feel comfortable posting your battletag here, you can make sure you're logged into the petopia forum whenever you're in game, so that people can PM you. Or have a group listed, with an obvious name, like "LF Trigore, petopia", so other forum users can whisper you in game if they see it. I see Lupre-Shadow Council is alliance US, which most of my toons are too, so I'll keep a lookout.

for anyone who wants to help, it's not too far out of the way if you have a minute or so. The rare spawns inside the Wailing Caverns, just outside the instance entrance. You don't have to go into the caves to check, though. Starting from Boralus (or anywhere Manapoof is, if you do battle pet dungeons), take the port to wailing caverns, fly outside to 43.0 65.0. /tar Trigore should target the rare, if it's up, because it works for the deviate lurkers, which are right next to where it spawns. If you're in WM ON, you can fly to the inn in Honor's Stand to toggle it off. If you have multiple toons you're checking on, you can check to see if your characters are in the same shard as each other, and save time from checking. You can do this by having a macro:

Code: Select all

/stopmacro [noexists]
/run print(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%d*-%x*$"))
if you're targeting an npc, it will print out an id number for the shard you're in. Kind of. Multiple shards can have the same id number, and its a different number for different zones, even if you didn't actively change shards through groupfinder/WM toggling/etc. But it can save time when you're camping rares.

Some realms are better for rare spawns than others, or at least they have been. RP realms don't (or haven't or are less likely to) be clumped with non-RP realms, and Spanish language and Portuguese language realms aren't clumped with English language realms.

Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Xota wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 am
It's easiest when there's a few other people who can check for you too, since your hunter can only check 2 shards (WM on and WM off). If you don't feel comfortable posting your battletag here, you can make sure you're logged into the petopia forum whenever you're in game, so that people can PM you. Or have a group listed, with an obvious name, like "LF Trigore, petopia", so other forum users can whisper you in game if they see it. I see Lupre-Shadow Council is alliance US, which most of my toons are too, so I'll keep a lookout.

for anyone who wants to help, it's not too far out of the way if you have a minute or so. The rare spawns inside the Wailing Caverns, just outside the instance entrance. You don't have to go into the caves to check, though. Starting from Boralus (or anywhere Manapoof is, if you do battle pet dungeons), take the port to wailing caverns, fly outside to 43.0 65.0. /tar Trigore should target the rare, if it's up, because it works for the deviate lurkers, which are right next to where it spawns. If you're in WM ON, you can fly to the inn in Honor's Stand to toggle it off. If you have multiple toons you're checking on, you can check to see if your characters are in the same shard as each other, and save time from checking. You can do this by having a macro:

Code: Select all

/stopmacro [noexists]
/run print(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%d*-%x*$"))
if you're targeting an npc, it will print out an id number for the shard you're in. Kind of. Multiple shards can have the same id number, and its a different number for different zones, even if you didn't actively change shards through groupfinder/WM toggling/etc. But it can save time when you're camping rares.

Some realms are better for rare spawns than others, or at least they have been. RP realms don't (or haven't or are less likely to) be clumped with non-RP realms, and Spanish language and Portuguese language realms aren't clumped with English language realms.
Thanks for the suggestion. Logged in today though and he was up. Makes me happy I FINALLY got one after months of trying.