Pets that you have never liked/never would tame

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Pets that you have never liked/never would tame

Unread post by Kayb »

I concur with the Outland raptors, and the wind serpents there as well. Its an alien world, none of the beasts there should resemble those found on Azeroth. Heck, we even see plain ol snakes and hares as critters running around the place. Things like cockroachs and rats you could easily explain having been accidentally carried through the portal with supplies etc, similar things have happened in real life after all. But yeah, alien world, alien beast and critters!

Though I do sorta like the spikey spiders...
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Gozu
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Gozu »

ebondfrancisco wrote:Funny you should ask! I've been dragging this wind serpent around since Feralas. This is my first hunter, and even though I'm level 74, I've never really paid attention much to my pet. But ... today I got booted out of a dungeon party. I'm not sure why, exactly, except somewhere in the confusion of the battle I remember seeing these four line posted by the leader in the party chat:

"the stupidest pet..."
"ever trained..."
"by any hunter..."
"ever...!"
Hm I really hate the few blathering jerks in the random dungeons lol the worst part is that those chatterboxes are usually the ones that cause the whole group to wipe because they're so busy typing and not doing their job well, sloppy. Don't worry about your pet or what that person said.

You see, I'll tame anything that fits my toon.
This. I have a 2nd hunter of a different race and suddenly find myself taming animals i thought i would never tame previously. These other pets just GO well with this new one for some reason :)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Hmmm. Let me think...

Bears - they're tremendously adorable, until they run. Something about a big butt swirling around in my face just doesn't say "Giant ferocious beast".
Wind Serpents - I love the model to DEATH. But when they fly, something about how they get all straight... Just not elegant enough.
Serpents - I love snakes! I hate these ones! Don't get me wrong, sometimes I love them sort of. But they're so short, and they have that annoying hood...
Gorillas - Same reasons that everyone else has, it seems.
Ravagers - they're legs wouldn't stay on for a second.
Dragonhawks - ACK! You're right, they can't LAND!
Devilsaurs - Hips are too big. Look like the have a huge butt.
Turtles - Legs move too quickly. Bugs me to death.
Tarantulas - Same reason as Turtles.
Crocs - see turtles.
Slime - I had it. And I couldn't stand it. Sooo small.

So. Yeah. Looks like I have a pretty long list. *Cough*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vecksykins
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by Vecksykins »

Nothing wrong with having a detailed list Lupis (:

But yeah, I agree with most of those.. it seems to me that blizz has a "big butt" thing going on with all pets..

Why? I honestly do not want to know.. :shock:
Vecksy~{♥}~ Poe, Storms, SoaD, Brightside, & Tundra _Server: ..::Eitrigg::..
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vecksykins wrote:But yeah, I agree with most of those.. it seems to me that blizz has a "big butt" thing going on with all pets..

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kayb wrote:I concur with the Outland raptors, and the wind serpents there as well. Its an alien world, none of the beasts there should resemble those found on Azeroth. Heck, we even see plain ol snakes and hares as critters running around the place. Things like cockroachs and rats you could easily explain having been accidentally carried through the portal with supplies etc, similar things have happened in real life after all. But yeah, alien world, alien beast and critters!

Though I do sorta like the spikey spiders...
Well, some lore indicates that the Titans, who formed life on Azeroth, might have been involved in Outland too.
But yes, it's weird. When they have such strange things as the spiky Wind Serpents, they should'nt have the "plain" beasts too.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

FlightofthePhoenix
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by FlightofthePhoenix »

Kalliope wrote:
Vecksykins wrote:But yeah, I agree with most of those.. it seems to me that blizz has a "big butt" thing going on with all pets..

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this.
That certainly accounts for the dreanei women...
Please don't kill me, I'm trying to love you
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Kayb wrote:Things like cockroachs and rats you could easily explain having been accidentally carried through the portal with supplies
They would have to be level 58 to go through the portal so this won't work.
I never saw a level 58 rat or cockroach!

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist...
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

Kara : ROFL! Maybe they got in while the portal was open the first time and level restrictions didn't yet apply ;P Or maybe someone summoned/ported them to Shat, we'll never know!

Saturo : Well according to lore the Titans created the whole darned universe, so yeah, they created what would become known as Draenor too. Still, no excuse for laziness :) From a game designers POV I understand the reasoning, but storywise it's just silly and less imaginative imo

I do kinda like those spikey spider tho...

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kayb wrote:Well according to lore the Titans created the whole darned universe
They did? I've never read that. And would'nt that mean that the Eredar, and thus, in extension, the Draenei would also be titan constructs? Along with the Orcs. And, in some other lore, it's clearly stated that the Trolls, along with the Furbolgs, the Murlocs, and whatnot, existed before the Titans touched Azeroth.

So no, I don't think they evolved the whole universe, but some select planets would'nt be too wild a guess.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

They seeded the universe with life, returning later to bring a bit of order to chaos on some worlds as i thought,

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

The nasty species of life all evolved from the basics that the universe was seeded with. For Azeroth specifically, sentient life wasn't meant to evolve at all I think, but it found itself a way. Its been ages since I've looked at any of that part of the lore so I'm just as easily not recalling things correctly :)

Darkharvest
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Runetotem, Nesingwary

Unread post by Darkharvest »

Kitairra wrote:I hear you,Rubybeam...no love for Rhino's or Worms around here....Nice! Now you made Mimzi cry!...<gets a really large tissue for Mimzi's nos...um...hmmmm......opening. Yeah. Opening, :? >
I love the new worm I just got on my main hunter, just got the rare yellow one from Sithilus after several days of lookin. Which is odd considering I only seen 1 other player out there the whole time guess it was just bad timing on my part. And more then once I've gotten whispers since saying "cool pet" or "where did you get that!". But can't say I care for the Northrend models at all. Maybe if they had different colors, seems like blizz just got lazy and just decided to slap lvls on the one skin instead of making new ones for it. And rhinos just dont click for me, I don't know maybe if they still had there bowling abillity as Veph would say I'd grab one.
"Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive."

"He's a Theodore Roosevelt, speak softly and carry a loud obnoxious wasp." BRK
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Gozu wrote:THE worst ones of all to me are the scorpids and the spiders omg! They're amazing looking but just move too realistically, give me the heebie jeebies (shudder)
And that is why I love the spider's swim animation. ;)

I think the only famil(ies) I dislike are the rhinos and gorillas.

True, I have tamed gorillas in the past and ran a few levels with them, but nothing clicks about them to me. :/
Rhinos are just downright useless after the knockback nerf they got.
Gozu wrote:Hm I really hate the few blathering jerks in the random dungeons lol the worst part is that those chatterboxes are usually the ones that cause the whole group to wipe because they're so busy typing and not doing their job well, sloppy.

.../coughs
>x>
I swear I only do this when someone directs something at me. Blame them if we wipe. :?

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I like the spikey outlands models, i agree there not suppose to look normal, i realy want to get a red wind serphant but i dont have anymore room in my party =[
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I love rhinos too. I had one for a while. Good ol' Stompy. But she was just too big. I had to take her back home and release her.
I would never have a chimera. For one, the name is just wrong. I don't know what that ugly two headed thing is, but it's not a chimera. For another, the asymmetry bothers me. Two horns on one head, one on the other. They are just unnatural.
Ravagers are just hideous and anatomically wrong.
I hate the perma-snarl on bears and the "coyote" wolf models. Unfortunate, cause I love the ideal animations and run animation on those wolves. They seem so happy, till you see their faces. I tried to have one, but it didn't work out. And I won't tame a bear till they fix them.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, and the undead models. I cannot understand why they are tameable or why anyone would tame them. Just looking at them makes me queasy.
And bats..the feet are so wrong that it ruins it for me.
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Teigan wrote:Oh, and the undead models. I cannot understand why they are tameable or why anyone would tame them. Just looking at them makes me queasy.
And bats..the feet are so wrong that it ruins it for me.
Really now? I happen to ADORE the undead wolves, they're cute! *Hugs a random Felpaw Wolf* Heehee!~

Anywho, the pets that I've never liked are... Hm.. Dang, theres not a lot, but.. Well, I don't like Chimeras, Wasps (Mostly due to my fear of their real life counterpart. Ugh) some Carrion Birds (Pretty much just the vultures, I don't like 'em. Though the two-headed ones look cool) Crabs, and ugh, Gorillas. PLAIN AND UTTER UGH UGH UGH UGH to Gorillas. I just flat out HATE them.

... Hm... Looking through this thread makes me seem somewhat odd for my likes when it comes to pets.. As I've seen quite a few people saying that they hate/don't like Serpents or Warp Stalkers. I happen to love them! Also, I don't see how one can call a Warp Stalker ugly. They're beautiful! And adorable! If not that, they're at least absolutely amazing looking! They're so.. Draconic!
And, on the subject of Serpents.. I've also seen a few people who say they don't like them cause they look too much like Naga. Well, I for one, love that! I adore how my sweet Taiga looks so much like the Naga! And as much as I'd love the pythons to be tameable (Like the ones in WC) I still love my giant Naga-like Cobra! (And I mean giant! He's taller than his owner! XD)

Anywho, just a slight rant there about Serpents and Warp Stalkers! X3 *Hugs her Serpent and Warp Stalker*