Guild Leveling and Rewards - Blue Posts

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Guild Leveling and Rewards - Blue Posts

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Removed.
Last edited by Adam-Savage on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Guild Leveling and Rewards - Blue Posts

Unread post by Ryai »

fuck you blizzard.

A guild group/raid is 4/5, 8/10, 12/15 or 20/25 members of the group/raid being guild members. (Source)
Mardia has atm 3 people that have alts high enough to do guild groups that would probably count :/ since I doubt they're going to allow easy runs via 'high levels boosting lowbies' :/

ffff.
Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Sucks why?

It looks awesome.

It's EXTRA THINGS TO DO! Everyone loves extra things to do. It looks fun.
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

Yeah, I don't really see the problem either. It looks pretty much the way I expected. And I like it.

Lok'tar ogar!

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Yeah it's what worries me. Iolo who is my mother's main, I just can't see her getting into a proper instance group for her level as no matter what she keeps defaulting to just using frostbolt all the time. I get her out of the habit for a few weeks then yeah << The Tea guild will only like have two of us, three max as well.

So mostly we'll get them by doing quests, which is unknown if there's a sort of "If grey, doesn't count" or anything too. Lovely.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I have no prob with this as really did you think it would be EASY to get the fancy things? really? i mean come one what are you silly?
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

cowmuflage wrote:I have no prob with this as really did you think it would be EASY to get the fancy things? really? i mean come one what are you silly?
Can you and Mindsprocket please read- and especially what I bolded?

Aria's and my own main guild, Sendeni Mardia has only four people. We are that small. At most only two of us are on constantkly with a lv 80- and I'm not going to bark orders at Aria's mother that she has to power level her mage so we can do guild runs.

That's the problem. Because Blizzard expects most guilds to be large enough for 10 mans.

So where are we going to get the spare 1-2 people?

That's what sucks. That you need Four out of five in a run. Instead of atleast two.

It's a dungeon for christ sake not a raid.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

So can't you get more people in your guild? It can't be that hard. What you are saying anit going to change my view on this.
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Oh yeah, shame on Blizzard to only give guild rewards to people who are actually in real guilds. And it comes completely unexpected, too!

Blizzard has never made a secret out of the fact that they expect proper guilds to have a certain size. Why do you think you need 10 signatures to even create one? And of course you can't call it a "guild run" if less than half the participants are actually in the guild. I can't believe you expected it to be different.

Lok'tar ogar!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

cowmuflage wrote:So can't you get more people in your guild? It can't be that hard. What you are saying anit going to change my view on this.
And? I'm not trying to change your view and I don't want it made easy and I don't want it handed to me on a silver platter, but a dungeon isn't exactly a raid and you shouldn't have to have 4/5 people for it to be a guild run when you can have laxer amount of players for the raids.

I would compain less if it was 3/5 required for a dungeon I don't really care about a raid.

And no, we really can't. We're a casual to the casual max and no one is going to join a guild as casual as ours. So again. Mardia is screwed.

But it's nice that you know, you don't even want to agree that 3/5 for a dungeon would be better than 4/5 :/

Oh yeah, shame on Blizzard to only give guild rewards to people who are actually in real guilds. And it comes completely unexpected, too!
So you mean I can't even enjoy the game because gasp I'm not in what you consider a real guild? That for the same amount I pay per month as you do, I can't eventually see an item you will see faster than me anyways because of being in a better guild? That even tho I would in theory work as hard if not harder than you in your hypothetical progressive raiding guild, that I should suffer? Because I can't raid, don;t have the skills to be in a raiding guild and I am not going to just abandon my friends guild for lols shinies, it's tough shit because Blizzard doesn't realize not everyone is in a guild as big as a 10 man nor has the desire to do so, yet they claim All guilds will eventually be able to earn rewards, and smaller will just take longer?

4/5 ain't half. Half of 5 is 2.5. So it should be 2 or 3, not four. But fine. I don't give a crap.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

i'm sorry Ryai but saying this "you don't even want to agree that 3/5 for a dungeon would be better than 4/5" is you trying to change my view on the subject :S i happen to be in a very casual guild too but theres allways 5 or so guildies who would be up for a group run.
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Ryai wrote:So you mean I can't even enjoy the game because gasp I'm not in what you consider a real guild? That for the same amount I pay per month as you do, I can't eventually see an item you will see faster than me anyways because of being in a better guild? That even tho I would in theory work as hard if not harder than you in your hypothetical progressive raiding guild, that I should suffer? Because I can't raid, don;t have the skills to be in a raiding guild and I am not going to just abandon my friends guild for lols shinies, it's tough shit because Blizzard doesn't realize not everyone is in a guild as big as a 10 man nor has the desire to do so, yet they claim All guilds will eventually be able to earn rewards, and smaller will just take longer?
My progressive raiding guild? Lol! My guild has enough for a 5-man, yes, but a 10-man would be more difficult. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm in a different situation. I'm just not as upset at not getting everything I want. I don't do arenas, so I'll never get an arena mount. I don't really raid, so I don't get raiding rewards, either. Big deal. I'll most likely never get that phoenix and I'm fine with that. I'm perfectly happy with people who achieve more in game to also get more out of it.

And yes, I doubt that a group of less than ten counts as a guild in Blizzard's eyes, seeing as you need 10 people to create one.

Lok'tar ogar!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

My usual 10m would JUST squeak in under the 8/10 radar, and that's assuming people don't guild hop for Cata. People from different guilds come together to raid/instance for their own reasons. There's a group of four of us who instance and bg together and such, but we're from three different guilds on most toons. This won't be a system that favors us.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

This sounds really nice! Having the phoenix require the legendaries is a brilliant idea, at least for really old guilds. We have a few people who haven't been on in ages who have those legendaries in their banks, so assuming it's rewarded retroactively we'll have a phoenix in notime!

And as said, making a guild requires ten signatures. That's what Blizz would consider a minimal guild. Saying that your threeperson guild deserves all this too is wrong Ryai. Blizzard don't consider guilds that small actual guilds. It's been clear all along.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Dude, your guild is smaller than a guild is required to be to even form.

Will this make it harder for you to level guild things? Yes
Is that a consequence of being a small guild? Yes
Does it make a blind bit of difference, given that most of the rewards are in no way designed for people in tiny, social guilds without many 80s? No

I mean, seriously here, saying "fuck you blizzard" is ridiculous. You seem to be taking it as a personal insult. There's nothing surprising, unexpected or unreasonable about the way this is structured.

There are minimum guild sizes and activities to use some of those guild levelling methods. Shock, horror. You still all have access to the quests (including daily quests), and once you DO have people at 80 you can start getting dungeons together. If anything I think Blizzard's designers have gone out of their way to ensure that a variety of play styles and guild types can get access to these benefits.

I'm not saying your mum's character should be punished because she enjoys playing it in a 1-spell way, but given that she already enjoys playing it that way I can't see that OTHER PEOPLE getting this nice extra is going to ruin her fun. There is really no way you are losing out here.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think this sounds fantastic!!! The shinies take a lot more to acquire (and to be honest my guild will probably never get them, but that's fine), but it's still there if we ever decide to dedicate to it and try it out.

As far as being unfair for people in very small casual guilds, I gotta say that I agree with what people have posted. To be quite honest, this game has never really been built around 3 and 4 person guilds like that, that are just small groups of friends. I mean, even something like a guild bank requires a lot of money to buy tabs, which generally means you need more than 3 people to do it.

I wouldn't say it's unfair, it's just the nature of the beast. I think they are trying hard to ensure that everyone gets something (example: obtaining guild experience through mere quests that EVERYONE can do and has access to).

Will your guild be able to get a dark phoenix? Probably not. Neither will my 10-man guild. But there are just some things in this game that are reserved for those guilds that have the experience, time, and dedication to come together to achieve a greater goal. What I'm trying to say is that if you want a casual-to-the-casual-max experience, then it's really unfair to expect rewards from anything exceeding casual-to-the-casual-max difficulty, time, or coordination (by coordination I mean bringing 10-25 people together to gain achievements). There are going to be rewards such as minipets and such that I'm sure anyone will be able to get given enough time, just don't expect the rewards that take extreme time, money, and dedication to get to be given to any ol' guild. I actually would rather not have it that way.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela wrote:What I'm trying to say is that if you want a casual-to-the-casual-max experience, then it's really unfair to expect rewards from anything exceeding casual-to-the-casual-max difficulty, time, or coordination (by coordination I mean bringing 10-25 people together to gain achievements). There are going to be rewards such as minipets and such that I'm sure anyone will be able to get given enough time, just don't expect the rewards that take extreme time, money, and dedication to get to be given to any ol' guild. I actually would rather not have it that way.
Excellent way of putting things, I concur. :)
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

Looks like I won't be getting any of the guild rewards then
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

I think it should still be obtainable for those small guilds maybe they just would need to work a little bit harder to make up for it. BUT I do think to limit certain rewards to an "expected" guild is a tad unfair. Because guilds these days.../sigh.. Well guilds these days arent exactly that awesome anymore. (No offense to Petopians, I love you guys) what I'm saying is that I know a lot of my friends who are quitting WoW come cata and as a result my guild will be disbanded soon bc the gm is quitting. Now my guild could have done that yes..but most of my friends in my home server are in seperate guilds that only invite when they "recruit" and as of now none are recruiting so I'm stuck making a guild of my own. The whole thing is frusterating really...

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Personally if it was 3/5 for a 5 man, which is still over half it wouldn't be as bad, good for small guilds and caters a bit for the glorious fun of timezones. I don't expect us to instantly get a Dark Phoenix and hell, only two Horde guild from Vanilla has survived (Red Moon and Sticki Monki Finger) on Hellscream and certainly the old big guild I was in fell apart due to in fighting so a lot of work will be done all round. Sendeni Mardia was originally started by me 5 years ago as I was sick and tired of being spammed by guild invites (Then harassed for being Balance) and did start with a fair few more people but over time as things go they left and things shrank but at least it's survived.

At the very least if they can confirm you still get guild rep for doing every single sort of quest (Colour wise) I'll be more than happy with that. Kicking myself for doing two Loremasters and just under 300 short of Seeker perhaps but will inch up. It also brings into question guild boosts, I'd def want to see some confirmation on that one. He did also state the Phoenix thing was an example, not set in stone.

So really? I'm NOT demanding omg want Dark Phoenix lulz. Been there, done that with raids and hated it. I just want some clarification on how we can head on up as high as we can with the resources we have and what we can potentially head towards you know being the Guild Leader and all. If it takes a few ages and long after the big guilds got there we can get some big sparkly stuff? I can live with that :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai