Worgen Druid Swift Flight Form

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Worgen Druid Swift Flight Form

Unread post by Vephriel »

Kalliope wrote:Uhhh, just thought of something.

I don't know the specifics on troll lore, but I *do* know that Akil'zon is the EAGLE boss in ZA.

I dunno if that'll make a difference....and I really really hope that Blizzard goes for the bat....but just putting that out there.
Those are the Amani trolls though.
"Darkspear consider the serpent to be a powerful spirit, but they disdain bird spirits as "weak, capricious, and best left to the Amani". "
Each tribe has its own strong beliefs. :) I hope Blizzard doesn't overlook something so imperative to Darkspear lore. ><
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

The "wolf form" thing bugs me too. Cats are pretty agile. I suspect mine have learned kung fu while I wasn't looking. Never heard anything about no ninja wolves.. psh..

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vephriel wrote:"Darkspear consider the serpent to be a powerful spirit, but they disdain bird spirits as "weak, capricious, and best left to the Amani". "
THAT was the quote I couldn't remember! Thanks Veph!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

*where to find that quote?

*eyes roll to lil'ragnaros...doesn't care bout the worgen flight form anymore but WHEEE lil'ragnaros! :mrgreen:
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Kalliope wrote:
Vephriel wrote:"Darkspear consider the serpent to be a powerful spirit, but they disdain bird spirits as "weak, capricious, and best left to the Amani". "
THAT was the quote I couldn't remember! Thanks Veph!

May I dream of a wind serpent form?
Trinia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane US & Aman'thul US

Unread post by Trinia »

Arwyn wrote: May I dream of a wind serpent form?
Yes, you may. :P

I'm hoping for a bat form. Mainly due to the bird hate that the Darkspears' have (mentioned above) as well as the fact of the Bat Priestess in ZG. Meaning the Jungle Trolls (Darkspears are jungle trolls,) do worship a bat loa or have in the past. Also, the troll druid in the Echo Isles event furthers my hopes. If they do make a bat flight form, I will TOTALLY level a Troll Druid. I've been hoping for more bats as mounts and such since Classic. Flightform is a half-mount, so I'd be a very happy camper. <3

Florelline - Level 90 NE Guardian/Feral Druid - Greymane
Thiania - Level 90 Draenei Shadow/Holy Priest - Greymane
Trinia - Level 86 NE BM/Surv Hunter - Aman'thul
Walnut the Tyrant Devilsaur
Pearl the Ghostsaber
Itzal the Fel Windserpent
Melo the Albino Bat
Tikiniro the Warp Stalker

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Vephriel wrote:
"Darkspear consider the serpent to be a powerful spirit, but they disdain bird spirits as "weak, capricious, and best left to the Amani". "
Each tribe has its own strong beliefs. :) I hope Blizzard doesn't overlook something so imperative to Darkspear lore. ><

Just found this on MMOChampion, will make you and all of us who like Lore happy:
Clickies!
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Sanchico
Realm: The Underbog

Unread post by Sanchico »

This should be Worgen's flight form :twisted: :
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Suicune wrote:
Vephriel wrote:

Just found this on MMOChampion, will make you and all of us who like Lore happy:
Clickies!
Well, it fits well with the other troll druid forms: Hideous.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Hoodacz at MMO-champ made this model using the skin:

It'll probably be more detailed in game but huzzah that Blizz stuck to lore and didn't try to retcon anything.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

So....

Blizzard's counter to giving trolls a bat for flight form is to make it HIDEOUS, so no one whines.

....it might actually work.

Actually, this looks like epic flight form; I'd like to see regular.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel

YES! Eeeee I'm so happy!!!!!!!!! Love it! :D Thank you Blizzard for not ignoring such a detail! <3
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kryte wrote:
Suicune wrote:
Vephriel wrote:

Clickies!
Well, it fits well with the other troll druid forms: Hideous.
Indeed. How the hell were they thinking with this thing?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

I really like the appearance of it, I think it looks awesome. :D And honestly, I couldn't care what it looks like, as long as it isn't a bird!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Cerah wrote:The Troll druid NPC during the Free the Echo Isles event had a bat for a flight form, so here's hoping!
Was gonna mention this XD I remember SQUEEING when she turned into a bat when she joins you, 'cause I was like, "aw yeah, this means Bliz'll probably make flight form a bat too!"
Vephriel wrote: Those are the Amani trolls though.
I was actually also reminded during this discussion of that one series of quests in Zangamarsh. Those trolls are Darkspear too (they give Darkspear rep at any rate). One of them has you go collect totems from the Broken natives and study what they turn into. When you bring back a lot of owl totems, she basically tells you they're lame as hell and comments that no wonder they're so weak. Or something like that. It's been a while, but I distinctly remember scorn and disdain. XP

Also, is that bat flight form official, or is this just what a fan made? I'm a bit confused on that. :O

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel

The 'skin' for that seems to have been datamined. I think it's official, yes, but the bat model was fanmade by applying the found texture. There isn't an official model of it yet.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Aaaah, okay. Makes sense then.

I don't really care how ugly it is, as long as it's cool. I never play trolls 'cause they're pretty, I play'em cause they're sinister, dangerous, and clever, and can break you in two over their knee without a second thought. XP

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel

VelkynKarma wrote:I don't really care how ugly it is, as long as it's cool. I never play trolls 'cause they're pretty, I play'em cause they're sinister, dangerous, and clever, and can break you in two over their knee without a second thought. XP
^ In so much agreement with you. :D I never play a female Troll with the 'pretty' face. My future female druid will have one of the 'ugly' ones because I think they have far more character and badassery. ;)
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Please don't be a reskin over the terrible bat model though, epic flight is lovely, unique and I'm constantly zooming in on the prettiness.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Unread post by MeAjur »

Teigan wrote:It appears to have teeth. And claws. It is not a bird. Worgen flight form is an archeopteryx. :D
This actually bugged my nerd side because it lacks the archeopteryx tail, and clearly must have a keelbone (which archeopteryx lack) because it flies instead of glides. Ichthyornis is a much closer match to the Worgen flight form (except for the minor detail that Ichthyornis was a bit like a sea gull). Not that these are details that Blizzard would stick to if they ever DID put archeopteryx in the game (which I suggested in their suggest-a-pet thread) anyway.

The reason I would have liked to see a wolf as the Worgen cat form is pure aesthetics. Western aesthetics specifically. Despite wolves and cats (and bears) belonging to the Carnivora order, wolves and cats simply feel like an even more extreme than a wolf turning into a tree (which isn't even in the same Kingdom). Also, I am having a bit of difficulty spotting the difference between the Worgen cat form and the Tauren cat form (which IMHO should be a (drum roll please) cow or bull... they're pretty deadly in rodeos, bullfighting, bullleaping, and running of the bulls) at a casual glance. Night Elves are easy, they're the short haired kitties probably inspired by cougars. Trolls are the ones with the mohawks. Taurens are the lion inspired cats (with horns that I never seem to actually spot subconsciously). Worgen cats have manes... leather bands and wrinkly noses. Except for colors they look (to me) like scraggly lions. Bah.

Another thing I really wanted to see (before Blizzard decided the Tree form was a quick spell boost) was different skins on the Treants. Sure we're getting that with the new tree form and the color swaps... but what I REALLY wanted was to see different barks. A druid with dark hair could have had Juniper bark while a druid with light hair could have had birch bark. Obviously this is the kind of desire that spawns from being a healer.

And speaking of tree bark, I HATE HATE HATE (Kefka imitation) the current tree bark. Especially in Grizzly Hills! Those poor trees look neked! I live in the mountains and I've seen barkless trees, they look like that!