Troll Epic Flight Form Reveiled!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Re: Troll Epic Flight Form Reveiled!

Unread post by Yaone »

Oi, I think I will stick to my NE and Tauren druids... I am sorry but in my opinion I don't like either of the new druids. :( Maybe I'm just a fan of the current races ^_~
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Saturo wrote:I actually had that trail of thought too, but then I realized, the only creatures that have bright colors because they're poisonous are small, reptiles, and bugs and such, and the ones that fake it tend to be bugs and reptiles and stuff too. It makes no sense for a large mammal such as a bear or a tiger.

And I realize that these bears and tigers won't have to survive in the wild like that, they're humanoid "warriors", but every other druid race has more muted colors, even nelves and tauren, who have some pretty "wild" colors, like green, blue and red. It makes no real sense to have the trolls be such an exception, since the nelves, who are just as colorful (purple skin + neon green hair) have such "natural" forms.
Another reason we don't see such bright patterns in large animals today is that land based mammals can only produce hair/fur patterns that are based off of the brown pigment. Or some such thing, I forget the exact wording. XD

I think sense can be made in that the trolls use such bright colours pretty frequently in their own rituals. One only needs to look at some of the troll-based armour sets to see that. If we speculate that the troll druid gain their abilities not from the teachings of Cenarius but instead from their own loa spirits, it kinda makes sense that their forms reflect these colourful traditions.

I think I may be looking too deep into this. Oh well, I'm a sucker for a good argument.

Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

It really bothers me when people rail on things I like...But I suppose it isn't much different than me ripping apart that boxy, ugly "worgen" beast skin...

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

swordoath wrote:I really like the new flight form. I get more and more excited to play a troll druid every time new info appears.

Only thing I'm having issue with is some of the color options. I like the colors themselves, but some of them don't fit with the hair color they're associated with.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8523/trolldruid.png
Has this changed at all since this image went up? I know a few people were submitting suggestions for some of them, I'm just wondering how things might have turned out.

I was curious about this too. When I saw the colour chart
I thought that the 1st one of the number "4" colouring, the dark blue blackish hair, really matched well with the number "2" cat and bear. A bit more so than the pink anyways, but thats just My opinion... ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Okay that does it. My little druid gets rerolled* a troll!

*) After I've gotten my main to 85 and done all the quests, gotten all new rep factions maxed out, all professions maxed, dungeon achievements done, and geared up for raiding. Oh, and probably after I've pulled the paladin and mage up to 85 too. Hmm, this might be a while...
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I've wanted a bat as a mount forever,but I'm glad they get their own skin! Hmmm... I wonder if I can ride a troll druid...
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Bulletdance wrote:I've wanted a bat as a mount forever,but I'm glad they get their own skin! Hmmm... I wonder if I can ride a troll druid...
Gives entirely new meaning to the phrase "To the Batmobile!"

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Baaaaaaattttt ffffffooooorrrrrrmmmmmm /drools
<3

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Haha druids called batman
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Antares wrote:I love all the (Horde) forms. Blizz rocks so hard.

I am so sorry, Alliance. You were gypped. Your Worgen Cat form is a re-skin of Tauren Cat Forms.
It's ok, Troll cat form and bear form are basically fanged and slightly re-hashed version of NE cats & bears so I suppose it balances out.

I'm really glad Trolls didn't get a rehashed NE Bird to boot, even if I don't find the appeal in the bat form XD Guess I'm just not a big fan of the troll forms in general, but hey! To each their own right?

Rock it if you like it (future) troll druids :)

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

People dislike this? I think it's awesome and really appropriate to the whole Troll image. ^_^
I can't wait to make my own troll drood.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

pengupuff wrote:People dislike this? I think it's awesome and really appropriate to the whole Troll image. ^_^
I can't wait to make my own troll drood.
I think it totally fits Trolls to. I really do, it's just well... I was never a fan of bats in WoW to begin with, so perhaps that's why? It's hard to explain. XD

But like I said, even if you don't like it (and you happen to want to roll troll druid) at least you can always mount up right? :) Problem solved!

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

Looks like a cheap model... First an unfinished cat and now the bat! Trolls as druids really feel like an afterthought, as though all that matters is polishing up Worgen. I like the idea of the bat, the look of it not so much, and the blocky model has me thinking of Tauren's old cat form. Doesn't look like they put in much effort to make it stand out from regular bats as they did for the flight forms, aside from the Trollish paint job. :\
Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

Bats NEED an updated model, and not just because it's used as the troll flight form. I really don't care for the bat model originally (even though I own Ressan) but seeing it used a druid's flight form? It's terrible. I love that it's a bat, but come on Blizz, update the model a bit.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I rather like the troll Druid models. I like the coloring too. Last year when they announced troll Druids at Blizzcon, I instantly stopped leveling my cow druid. I've waited. My reply was. "I hope they make the cat form a tiger, and give cat and bear form green fur with tusks." They gave me a tiger cat form and green fur with tusks. Which is perfect. When people started talking about the flight forms I guessed it'd be a bat.

Then when the echo isles event happened the 'Head druid' flew in as a bat. Alot of people missed it (( was just a normal red bat model)).

Now we get this awesome epic flight form. I'm very happy.

The only thing I'd gotten wrong was that I thought they'd give worgen bat forms too, as "Bat" goes along well with "Werewolf" I like the Worgen flight model. I think it's cool. but I guessed wrong there.

So all in all the Troll Druids have hit all my points. The only way they could get cooler, would be a green boomkin with tusks. Sadly I doubt we'll get that one, but I'm hoping!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

One of the major things that bothers me about the bats is the holes in the wings! xD Araewlgkhsl;ghs!

Still, I love the Troll bat form. If that's what we get I am not disappointed in the least. :D An updated form would just be icing on the cake.