Troll Epic Flight Form Reveiled!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Troll Epic Flight Form Reveiled!

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Antares wrote:I love all the (Horde) forms. Blizz rocks so hard.

I am so sorry, Alliance. You were gypped. Your Worgen Cat form is a re-skin of Tauren Cat Forms.
*Nodnod* Yerp. 'Sides.. Wolf-cat is slightly awkward. Oh well. (Reminds me of what an old guildie once said about why there aren't any Worgen Shaman.. Cause they'd be people who turn into wolves who turn into wolves who summon wolves. XD)

Now neon kitties and bears along with horned kitties and bears? HECK YEAH!!! <3 *huggles them*
Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

Antares wrote:I am so sorry, Alliance. You were gypped.
Tell me something I don't know. We're getting shafted throghout Cata.
Then again, you guys get Psycho Garrosh and New And Improved Always Chaotic Evil Sylvanas. I do feel slightly bad about that.
I'm actually glad they only reskinned Taurens for Worgen, as opposed to turning them into horde leaders.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I like the worgen kitties (that sounds very much like an oxymoron). I don't think they're complete re-skins, the manes and faces are quite different. Yes, they're similar, but I think they have a wonderfully feral and vicious look to them.

I think the bat form is pretty awesome but I would have to agree that it almost retains too many troll features, and is a little creepy. At any rate, I'm glad it's not just another bird. :) I'm eager to see the worgen flight form now!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

bluddy wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Yeah... he is right, Bluddy.

SB, I keep scrolling back and forth between the model and your drawing and I'm in awe. Are you psychic? I'd love some lottery numbers. :lol:

yup i am psychic..autism though that has nothing to do with that..that was just the nerdiest rage i ever been into...*facepalm shouldn't have reacted like that...even now i'm wondering why i did it..i think i just like the bat-form to much :|
The psychic part was directed at Spiritbinder (SB) who drew the bat drawing that is so amazingly similar to the model mmo-champ datamined. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I was saying that he's right that you overreacted (because you did) but beyond that I wasn't trying to give you any snark or nastiness.
Senna-Umbreon wrote:*Flails* Why does everyone hate the cat and bears forms?! They're awesome and suit Trolls perfectly! *Clings to her neon cats and bears* <3
I kinda like them. I'm not keen on all the colours. The one thing that's putting me off it to some degree is the tusks. I really hate how most of the feral forms have so many male features... But that's not just an issue for the trolls.

I agree Rhy, I don't think the worgen cat form is a reskin. There are many similar features, but when you get down to it they're very different. I think people see them as reskins because the two races' feral forms are very similar - dark earth tones and the mane...

I saw the worgen flight form somewhere, let me dig around.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.wowhead.com/blog=173045

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

That looks great! Though the ears wiggle in an odd way, like they're not fully attached to the body. XD I hope that will get fixed.

About the colours, I'm not a fan of the cat and bear forms either. It's not that they're bright (I love that), but that they seem to clash in a way the troll skin and hair colours don't. For example, I'm fine with a blue and yellow troll bear in principle, but that particular shade of blue and that particular shade of yellow just don't work together, imo.

That said, I don't tank so bear forms are irrelevant to me anyway. And if I really can't get used to the cat forms I'll just stick to ballance.

Lok'tar ogar!

Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

Cat Form Comparison:

This is me come Cataclysm!

So awesome.

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Thanks for the pic Antares! ... though is it me or is the troll kitty's head slightly on the small side compared to the others? I find the troll's chest looks rather big in proportion, but comparing to the others it seems it's the head that's smaller. Narrower?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

Trolls do have skinny heads...But I think in this case it's all the hair. Makes their heads seem smaller.

We're tigers. And we have piercings. And mohawks.

If I wasn't working in an office, I'd be squeeing and jumping.

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by Keleri »

I'm very very happy it's a bat! :D I'm a little annoyed with the model itself though, all the troll druid forms seem really rough. :( Probably won't be race changing my druid but I might make a troll druid just to play through the starting quests and so on.
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

Sarayana wrote:
bluddy wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Yeah... he is right, Bluddy.

SB, I keep scrolling back and forth between the model and your drawing and I'm in awe. Are you psychic? I'd love some lottery numbers. :lol:

yup i am psychic..autism though that has nothing to do with that..that was just the nerdiest rage i ever been into...*facepalm shouldn't have reacted like that...even now i'm wondering why i did it..i think i just like the bat-form to much :|
The psychic part was directed at Spiritbinder (SB) who drew the bat drawing that is so amazingly similar to the model mmo-champ datamined. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I was saying that he's right that you overreacted (because you did) but beyond that I wasn't trying to give you any snark or nastiness.

i know sara and i know i overreacted dunno what came in to me :|
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Heheh nice I like it alot more than the worgen one.
Trinia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane US & Aman'thul US

Unread post by Trinia »

Oh gawd yesssssss. :DDD

I'm super excited for Troll Druids now. Must... Play! Sadly, I'm not too fond of Cat Form (the tusks seem far too large without the poor tiger tipping over, in my opinion) So I might end up playing a Troll Druid who is Bear/Boomkin. I just gotta decide on colors now that I know I WILL be playing one, at least some of the time.

I have a feeling I'm gonna have to delete some more alts for Cata... XDDD;

Florelline - Level 90 NE Guardian/Feral Druid - Greymane
Thiania - Level 90 Draenei Shadow/Holy Priest - Greymane
Trinia - Level 86 NE BM/Surv Hunter - Aman'thul
Walnut the Tyrant Devilsaur
Pearl the Ghostsaber
Itzal the Fel Windserpent
Melo the Albino Bat
Tikiniro the Warp Stalker

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:*Flails* Why does everyone hate the cat and bears forms?! They're awesome and suit Trolls perfectly! *Clings to her neon cats and bears* <3
I believe that's because, to a lot of people, animals are freaky if they have neon fur. I, for one, dislike pretty much everything colored like that, and really, it's probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Nelves, Worgen and Tauren have more muted colors, to allow them to camouflage better. A troll bear wouldn't survive in the wild, it would either starve to death because all the prey see it from afar, or it would get quickly killed by a better predator. A troll kitty wouldn't be able to prowl, for example. These neon forms bother me. And you like them. It just demonstrates differences in personality. And neither of us is alone, there are others who think like me, and others who don't.

And Bluddy, you might want to think trough what you write before you post it. That G was probably meant to be a F, at least that's how most would see it, and yelling FU at someone isn't very popular, regardless of whether it was a joke or not.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Love love love LOVE IT!

Wow, I'm incredibly happy about this. What a fantastic looking flight form! The colours, the details....gah my Troll druid can't come fast enough! It's going to quickly be one of my favourite characters, I know that for sure. ^^ I adore all of their forms, they're perfect. :D
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

I was pretty excited about making a troll druid when they were first announced, but their forms are a real turn-off for me. It's not that they're brightly colored, as I do like bright colors, but I have to echo Loethlin's sentiment that they're "garish and mismatched". It feels like the colors were just slapped together without regard to how they'd actually look together. I was also looking forward to see pretty reds, whites, golds, etc, in line with how all OTHER druids have their hair colors actually affect the fur color of the form, not just its funky hairstyle.

Plus their eyes creep me out.

As for flight form, I'm glad to see that they got a bat, which is fitting. But the model looks really rough, sadly.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I love that they got the bat form. It's really neat. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Saturo wrote:
I believe that's because, to a lot of people, animals are freaky if they have neon fur. I, for one, dislike pretty much everything colored like that, and really, it's probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Nelves, Worgen and Tauren have more muted colors, to allow them to camouflage better. A troll bear wouldn't survive in the wild, it would either starve to death because all the prey see it from afar, or it would get quickly killed by a better predator. A troll kitty wouldn't be able to prowl, for example. These neon forms bother me. And you like them. It just demonstrates differences in personality. And neither of us is alone, there are others who think like me, and others who don't.

And Bluddy, you might want to think trough what you write before you post it. That G was probably meant to be a F, at least that's how most would see it, and yelling FU at someone isn't very popular, regardless of whether it was a joke or not.
Actually, it brings up an interesting line of thought that. Bright colours in nature often mean "I'M DANGEROUS, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" Perhaps said neon coloured bears and tigers use their startling colours to bully other predators from their kills? Bears and tigers are pretty apex predators in their natural habitat.
Although it's a pretty random tangent I just went off on there. Really, these aren't bears or tigers, they're trolls assuming a bear or tiger-like form in order to attack stuff better.
Not an attack on your opinion Saturo, I understand where you're coming from. Just some random musings inspired by it. :D

swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by swordoath »

I really like the new flight form. I get more and more excited to play a troll druid every time new info appears.

Only thing I'm having issue with is some of the color options. I like the colors themselves, but some of them don't fit with the hair color they're associated with.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8523/trolldruid.png
Has this changed at all since this image went up? I know a few people were submitting suggestions for some of them, I'm just wondering how things might have turned out.

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Moonlost wrote:
Saturo wrote:

Actually, it brings up an interesting line of thought that. Bright colours in nature often mean "I'M DANGEROUS, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" Perhaps said neon coloured bears and tigers use their startling colours to bully other predators from their kills? Bears and tigers are pretty apex predators in their natural habitat.
Although it's a pretty random tangent I just went off on there. Really, these aren't bears or tigers, they're trolls assuming a bear or tiger-like form in order to attack stuff better.
Not an attack on your opinion Saturo, I understand where you're coming from. Just some random musings inspired by it. :D
I actually had that trail of thought too, but then I realized, the only creatures that have bright colors because they're poisonous are small, reptiles, and bugs and such, and the ones that fake it tend to be bugs and reptiles and stuff too. It makes no sense for a large mammal such as a bear or a tiger.

And I realize that these bears and tigers won't have to survive in the wild like that, they're humanoid "warriors", but every other druid race has more muted colors, even nelves and tauren, who have some pretty "wild" colors, like green, blue and red. It makes no real sense to have the trolls be such an exception, since the nelves, who are just as colorful (purple skin + neon green hair) have such "natural" forms.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

hahaha remember we kept saying it was going to be a bat... kept speculating & here we have it ^^
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []