DO NOT hearth to or log out in Org! (Build 13277)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

DO NOT hearth to or log out in Org! (Build 13277)

Unread post by ummeiko »

Since it's not so widely posted, but widespread, I wanted to warn whoever's in beta to avoid org. There's a corrupt texture file there, and it crashes your game. As soon as you log in, it crashes again. So right now, I've got about 5 stuck characters that I can't log on to.

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Re: DO NOT hearth to or log out in Org! (Build 13277)

Unread post by Skyshot »

Yikes.. That doesn't sound good at all.
I hope they get it fixed soon. :(

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Veph got around this by faction-changing, then faction-changing back. Hope that helps anyone still stuck!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*nods* That's the only workaround I could find so far. If you can get the Faction change button to appear beside your character of choice, just swap them to an Alliance race quickly, log in, log out, then swap back to a Horde race that isn't Troll or Orc. You will automatically be in your racial capital city (eg. Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon, Undercity, etc).
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Vephriel wrote:*nods* That's the only workaround I could find so far. If you can get the Faction change button to appear beside your character of choice, just swap them to an Alliance race quickly, log in, log out, then swap back to a Horde race that isn't Troll or Orc. You will automatically be in your racial capital city (eg. Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon, Undercity, etc).
This works awesomely.... unless you have mail....

I was going to do the exact same thing with my gemmed and enchanted out premade ... til it informed me to empty my mailbox... Deathy pet strikes!

I guess I'll just delete the premade and make a new one... I have been keeping my actual leveled L.83 hunter out of Orgrimmar for awhile, but I am not going to level him further on the beta.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Pent wrote:
Vephriel wrote:*nods* That's the only workaround I could find so far. If you can get the Faction change button to appear beside your character of choice, just swap them to an Alliance race quickly, log in, log out, then swap back to a Horde race that isn't Troll or Orc. You will automatically be in your racial capital city (eg. Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon, Undercity, etc).
This works awesomely.... unless you have mail....

I was going to do the exact same thing with my gemmed and enchanted out premade ... til it informed me to empty my mailbox... Deathy pet strikes!

I guess I'll just delete the premade and make a new one... I have been keeping my actual leveled L.83 hunter out of Orgrimmar for awhile, but I am not going to level him further on the beta.
I got Weis out of Orgrimmar after a while. It took a few chain crashes. If you're not in the valley of strength it won't be an issue at all, just bail out.

If you ARE, turn your graphics all the way up, to Ultra, everything on high, etc. Then log in. Everything will take a few seconds to load in, so you have a few seconds of running for the door before it crashes. Rinse, repeat. When the crash becomes instant, log out all the way, delete cache, log back in, rinse, repeat until you're free.