New Cata models and WMV?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

New Cata models and WMV?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I know there's been info scattered here and there on how to get some of the newer models to show up in WMV, but I can't wrap my head around it. xD

Would anyone mind explaining in simplistic steps how I might, for example, get the Horde Mount Scorpion to show up? :3 Much appreciated!
Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: New Cata models and WMV?

Unread post by Fael »

Ever since the downloader changed I've had the same problem, I can't get new critters and mobs to show up! I do keep it all up to date, the beta and the downloader. A fix or workaround would be so wonderful! :)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Try doing Discovery Item and Discovery NPC, in the File menu.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

You might have to manually add patches into WMV for them to load up.

Open WMV and under options tabs click on settings. Here should be a list of the MPQ files your WMV loads. To add MPQ files click on add and go to your WoW beta folder and manually add any MPQ files in your data folder that isn't on that list. After you added all the files close WMV and re-open it for WMV to load up all the new patches you added.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Vephriel

Ah, so I found that none of my Beta files were being linked, so I added the paths to those MPQs, but now WMV tells me it can't support my version of World of Warcraft. ><
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Make sure you only open WMV when you aren't playing WoW, otherwise the models will not work and WMV crashes.

If that doesn't work, make sure you download the newest version of WMV.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Well my older model viewer had stopped working with 4.0.1 so I downloaded the "WMV_Binary_v0701_r487_Win64.rar " on their download list and all of the new Cata models and skins (except the new horde/alli guild mounts) were in it right away. :)
I'm not in the beta though and don't know a darn thing about program coding and how WMV works with the game client, but just looking at this from a "well, what's different?" standpoint, could the beta client be the cause?

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Vephriel

I have the WMV_Binary_v0701_r490_Win32_DevWork version, and I didn't run WoW at all during it since I know it won't work. I had to redownload it since adding the MPQ's messed my other one up somehow. x)

To clarify, I do have the Cata models like the new Foxes, Crocolisks, Turtles, etc...I'm really only looking for the Horde scorpid. :(
Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

For me it seems to automatically be picking up all of those MPQ files, so I'm not sure if something is interfering or if it just doesn't know how to find it. This is with the beta though, not with lich king.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Vephriel wrote: To clarify, I do have the Cata models like the new Foxes, Crocolisks, Turtles, etc...I'm really only looking for the Horde scorpid. :(
Missing the Alliance Lion here. :<
Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

Yeah, same. >_< Searching for models can work, I was able to find Ysera's new model for example, but she's not in the list on her own. Anything I had before that downloader change shows up, just very little since. o_O Got the new druid tree forms in the list somehow yet not the new flight forms!