Troll Cat Form Suggestions

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
wyndigo
Realm: Kul Tiras

Re: Troll Cat Form Suggestions

Unread post by wyndigo »

I have to admit to being one of the people dissappointed when I saw the Blizzard Troll cat. I really like your edits, Ramsey, as they seem to capture the feel of a tiger while still putting in a few trollish traits. I'm fine with there being no facepaint, the face is already kinda busy-looking with the tiger-stripes, after-all. The colours are brighter and more primary, which I personally like more then the muddy colours Blizz picked.

Looking at the Blizzard model's face from the front, it kinda looks cross-eyed to me... Will I still roll a troll druid? Yes, of course. I played a Tauren cat since Vanilla(the model was glitchy and patchwork, I'm sure we all remember), but I'm still rather dissappointed it doesn't look like the same amount of effort was put into the troll cats by Blizz.
Ramsey
Realm: Burning Legion/ Argent Dawn

Unread post by Ramsey »

Trinia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane US & Aman'thul US

Unread post by Trinia »

As a Druid Feral main player, and living with the OLD forms for as nearly as long as I played, of course these are a huge step up. However, why shouldn't they be, with the amount of time and graphics overhauls to the whole game especially with Wrath and Cata? That being said, I feel the Troll Forms are a little sloppily done. I'm not saying I could do any better, as I am not a programmer or 3D designer. However with the apparent skill of their concept artists we see at Blizzcon every year, I'm truly beginning to wonder, are the two art sections talking at all? :[

That being said, I am happy that Trolls are druids to begin with, and with BATFORM for one thing, it shows the Devs ARE listening to the players, or at least to lore. Yet, too many things seem out of place. The eyes on Cat Form for one. Those things scare me to death, and I'm not quite sure they should scare the PLAYER of said druid... >_>; The coloring of the forms itself drive me a bit nuts. I see Trolls as the bright-haired, glow-stick-in-a-rave wielding race; bright and flashy. The colors are too muddled for me, along with the mismatching that goes on. Red hair with dark blue fur? If they wanted contrast, (which is evident in the BRIGHT TEAL face paint,) they should have done a more greenish-teal pelt for contrast. If they wanted a blend of warm colors, dark blue was the worst option for them as blue and purple are as cool-colored as you get. :/

I could say more, but I think you get the point. I will end my IB Artist rant with this: I do enjoy the use of the tiger stripes, and Ramsey has now made me want to do my artistic renditions of all the druid forms now. :D

Florelline - Level 90 NE Guardian/Feral Druid - Greymane
Thiania - Level 90 Draenei Shadow/Holy Priest - Greymane
Trinia - Level 86 NE BM/Surv Hunter - Aman'thul
Walnut the Tyrant Devilsaur
Pearl the Ghostsaber
Itzal the Fel Windserpent
Melo the Albino Bat
Tikiniro the Warp Stalker

Ramsey
Realm: Burning Legion/ Argent Dawn

Unread post by Ramsey »

That's the point Trinia, I am disappointed becuase cataclysm was supposed to bring really new nice quality of models I was even a little bit expecting that troll druids will have even better quality of textures, no words can expres how much I was being disappointed. And How hard I was facepalming when I saw that they (developers) were indeed taking seriously worgen, but trolls didn't had this honor - for some unnkown reason.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8523/trolldruid.png

Look on this one, Hair of trolls males which have 6 years now, have vetter quality than current ones. Regression?