Desecration OOC

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Whoo interest check for PokeRP

Unread post by Azunara »

Since we've got a more solid grasp on the plot, would anyone be opposed if I started up a sign-up thread?
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Not opposed at all. I Smily face at you. :D
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Seems like that's not a bad idea to get started up. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

Be my guest Azu.
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

I'm all for getting the sign-up thread up and running now~ (Ha ha, just watch, I'll be like, the last person to get their characters into the sign-up thread, just as usual! XD)

Also, I just wanna note, I love your Pride!Legend idea, Lupis! :D
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Azunara wrote:Since we've got a more solid grasp on the plot, would anyone be opposed if I started up a sign-up thread?
Yus! Can you post a format with need to know about the characters and such though?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

You bet!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:WAIT. Dusk? I was under the assumption that this wasn't in WoD/RotS's world? Azu, didn't we agree that it was an AU? (As in, neither WoD or RotS happened; it's a completely different version of the Pokemon world.)

I dunno, I feel like.. We should have them separate, because this will definitely cause issues with WoD/RotS's universe canon. ESPECIALLY the death of Legendaries, like Giratina. I dunno, but I'd rather not have the main Giratina of the WoD/RotS-verse die like this. Even if it's set a few years after RotS, that still sets it about the same time as the Blessing plotline or so, from what I can tell, and.. I dunno, having Giratina die around that time messes with things. Heck, in general, Legendaries are an issue here, since uh some Legends are busy with other things in that canon right now. So.. Unless the Dusk SOMEHOW existed in an alternate universe where none of our previous WoD/RotS characters existed, I feel like they shouldn't be a thing here.

..Um. anyway. Not really trying to rain on the parade here, but I just.. Felt the need to point this out. >.>;;
First: It's not like there can't be Dusk in AUs anyways, which I am more than happy to work that out.

Second: There are a lot of Legendaries. A lot of Legendaries. If a handful died in the main canon, then it's not like they were hugely important. (Would anyone flip if nameless articuno number fourteen died? No.) Yes, this could be a difficulty in the main timelines, but A. last time I checked no one has a Giratina character and B. It's not like once it dies there are no more Giratinas.

Third: It's not like the Blessing is quite established canon in the RPverse anyways? Like yeah, I know a handful of people are okay with that, but several other people have had no input the actions of a few people don't automatically make that canon? Regardless, canon or not, the RPs can take place in separate regions and things still work out. Or, you know, the Blessing is farther off into the future or happening simultaneously. Whatever.

Fourth: Those Legends can keep doing what they're doing. Nothing is stopping them.

End all--if it is truly a huge deal ruining everything canon known to man, then fine we can make it an AU with Dusk. Otherwise, I honestly don't see any problem or any need to change it. The main canon timeline of things is arguably stagnant and nothing has really happened to it except loose single person RPs or whatever. This could be good for it. If you have any further issues, you can take it up with me, because as far as I can tell you're the only one with any huge issues, Senna.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Honestly, I.. don't think this should be in the main canon too. if only for all these New Legend species. they would make things too confusing.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

To be honest I don't care either way but I KNOW some people will want to play Dusk characters and if they want to why shouldn't they be able to? If we're having multiples of a sin then a Dusk character should be playable to. Fair is fair after all.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Not that it's already so confusing. xD

Granted, that's the first real legit reason I've heard so far, but then again regions are practically miles away and it could be handwaved with "Well if Unova/Kalos/whatever Legendaries have been unheard of for so long why not these guys?" Regardless. I can see rationale for both sides, although I still think it should either be main canon or at the very least a very similiar AU involving Dusk that may as well be canon but isn't. But yes, Claws is right. There are characters people would very much like to play, myself included, that I have not yet been able to because of refusal to use the main-canon line or whatever reasons.
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Of course. I should have figured that would be why... Bah.

Fine, here, how about we just go with an AU where the Dusk existed? Still not main canon, but if you REALLY want a Dusk, you can have one. Or something.

(I will note that one of my biggest issues with this being in the main canon is the MAIN Giratina's death. I dunno, but considering how important he is, I don't think it's fair to just randomly kill him off like this without MAYBE asking the other people in the RP universe if we're okay with it? I know at least one person who's planning on doing something vaguely related to him in the Blessing plotline, in fact, and him dying could easily mess those plans up. (By the way, the Blessing plot IS canon, last I checked. Don't see how or why you'd think it couldn't be canon for our main verse, unless you meant it just hasn't happened yet? Which okay the plot hasn't started yet because Ruby and I decided to wait until BftB was over. By yeah, the Blessing is most definitely canon. Just because some people from WoD/RotS haven't had input on it doesn't make it non-canon. Heck, if you ask me, they will probably never give real input on it, because those who have are really the only active people in the RP-verse anyway! (Um. No offense to them, it's just.. I don't think a certain plot should be ruled out of canon just because people who aren't active in the RP-verse haven't put any input in on it.))
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

So a Timeline isn't a Legitimate reason? Really? it's not? That doesn't really make much sense to me.

But, Legends dying left and right... something like this, isn't going to be kept quiet, and for it to fit comfortably into the timeline, it would have to be Quiet. Really quiet.

also, with this sudden explosion of legends, after this story, We'd have to completely rework the whole Legend Community and how it works. Which yes, we have to do every three something years when new legends are added, but this is a Lot More legends! (Because Seriously, We would have to do this, unless we killed off every single one of the new legendaries.)

So, I would also like this to be an alternate Dimension, so it doesn't get in the way of DotB or BftB.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

So uh, not to cause a huge uproar, but is it really THAT important when this happened? I understand it being important sometimes. But I mean, there have been some huge changes to characters and such already that happened after previous RPs. Characters have already been retconned to heck and back. Can't we just say that Giratina died after the Blessing did their thing? Or that he was reborn before the Blessing decided to use him?

If I had a RP story going where Giratina was my main character and he died in this RP, I'd just say it was a different moment in time. Or maybe I'd even work it into the story, that could be fun.

As for new legends- I kind of assumed most of the new legends, as they're basically evil, would be killed. And if they're not killed, they're going to be pretty rare, because as far as I know only one of each was made. That means maybe six or seven new legends. That's not so big a deal to work into a story.

Please refrain, also, from passive-aggressive jabs. The rules were already changed so people could play certain characters they wanted to play, why can't that happen again without jabs?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

Um wow but can we please just stop?
I mean really. If you don't like the rules im sorry but...they shouldn't be changed just because ou want them to
their already set guys. If you don't like them don't join?
Im sorry if I sound mean but not joining is really just better than causing this whole ruckus
really.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

was in bad taste.
Last edited by cowmuflage on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Ruby and Lupis both have points, and I'd particularly like to point out the one about timelines. Just because this happens in the main canon doesn't mean it's in the far off future, or the Blessing isn't in the far off future.

However, the big thing is AUs are great for silly little crack pairings or silly little timeline adventures. But I'd like to be able to RP things and have them actually matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm sorry if this being placed in some distant future somehow (or even a few years after the Blessing things blows over or whatever for the timeline) messes up all plans (which can be changed!) that you may or may not have had. Also, vaguely related can very easily be changed--and Lupis has a point in which they regenerate anyways, so if dies in this one then he can still exist in whatever Blessing plot.

And Legends can die or be worked in. Sure, some Legends would be panicking--but as you all have so concisely said, they'd have other matters on their hands anyways.

I just feel like it would be beneficial to have something big with many people to mess with the main canon of things, considering the Blessing plot is certainly very small and is active among a handful of people. This gives folks an opportunity to dabble and get involved in stuff--both old and new, and have it actually be worth something. And perhaps if this RP is successful, we could create a Blessing-themed RP here afterwards.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

cowmuflage wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote: Please refrain, also, from passive-aggressive jabs. The rules were already changed so people could play certain characters they wanted to play, why can't that happen again without jabs?
edited!
This comment isn't needed and is only going to add fuel to the flames.

Post in question has been dealt with. Thank you Cow!
Last edited by Azunara on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

eyup, realised that and have changed it.
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

Azunara wrote:Ruby and Lupis both have points, and I'd particularly like to point out the one about timelines. Just because this happens in the main canon doesn't mean it's in the far off future, or the Blessing isn't in the far off future.

However, the big thing is AUs are great for silly little crack pairings or silly little timeline adventures. But I'd like to be able to RP things and have them actually matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm sorry if this being placed in some distant future somehow (or even a few years after the Blessing things blows over or whatever for the timeline) messes up all plans (which can be changed!) that you may or may not have had. Also, vaguely related can very easily be changed--and Lupis has a point in which they regenerate anyways, so if dies in this one then he can still exist in whatever Blessing plot.

And Legends can die or be worked in. Sure, some Legends would be panicking--but as you all have so concisely said, they'd have other matters on their hands anyways.

I just feel like it would be beneficial to have something big with many people to mess with the main canon of things, considering the Blessing plot is certainly very small and is active among a handful of people. This gives folks an opportunity to dabble and get involved in stuff--both old and new, and have it actually be worth something. And perhaps if this RP is successful, we could create a Blessing-themed RP here afterwards.
Yeeahh
it can easily be changed around. As big as it is- it's only is for a few people, and it can be changed around, im sorry but its not set in stone and as the creator of it I can play around with it
that said can we talk just about happy fun things?
like I dunno ship some sins together or something that look like they would be great ships or something idk
You can ship lust with everything as a crack ship and its great