Desecration OOC

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Whoo interest check for PokeRP

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Not in my experience. The first two PokeRPs were completely fine, even with the amount of characters we all had. The RPs weren't "chaotic" at all, at least not because of the amount of characters. We managed it just fine. And we can manage it again. 4 characters is HARDLY a large amount, and one or two more isn't much worse. If the RP'er can handle that many characters, then I say they should be free to. It's not like I'm saying, "Oh we don't need limits, everyone should have 10+ characters!" I'm saying that if someone can handle a good hand few of characters well (Which, by the way, means about 4-6 characters.), then I REALLY see no issue with it, especially when we'll have lists of which characters are which. Besides, just because someone CAN handle having that many characters, does not mean that they will. Not having a limit on characters doesn't automatically mean everyone is going to have 10 characters.

And Honey has a very good point. Being limited to only 4 characters isn't fun when you have so many options in a plot like this. I KNOW some of us here would feel very limited by that number, what with such an interesting plot. With only four characters, you're limited to let's say, one Sin, and three normal characters, or one Sin, one Virtue (If they get used), and TWO normal characters. That's an absurdly low amount of characters, with not a whole lot of options for the story.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

It's really not that low of an amount at least in my opinion which I acknowledge is an opinion. People are free to disagree with you and say that they would like some limitations. This is a discussion after all. I'd prefer not to have to remember or go back and check a list with a very large multitude of characters myself and I am free to think that way and to acknowledge that yes it could be very confusing for many people.

Senna-Umbreon

I never said people weren't allowed to disagree. And yes, it is a discussion. I am discussing my side of the argument, in fact. But yes, it IS a small amount of characters, at least for some of us. I would feel limited by only having four possible characters, that is for sure. A lot of us are quite used to having a lot of characters, and can handle them just fine, so only four is definitely a low amount to us.
Silivren

Senna-Umbreon wrote:I never said people weren't allowed to disagree. And yes, it is a discussion. I am discussing my side of the argument, in fact. But yes, it IS a small amount of characters, at least for some of us. I would feel limited by only having four possible characters, that is for sure. A lot of us are quite used to having a lot of characters, and can handle them just fine, so only four is definitely a low amount to us.
I don't think you can group everyone who posted as "us" as I know of at least two other people who are in favor of limiting somewhat how many characters people can have. YOU think 4 is a lot but some people have only had 2 in the past. So I don't think you can take your opinion and apply it to everyone.

Senna-Umbreon

When I said "us", I was referring to the people who are fine with 4+ characters. If you read my posts correctly, you would see that. Whenever I said "us", I had just referred to a certain group of RP'ers here, NOT everyone in this thread. I wasn't in any way or form applying my opinion to everyone in this thread.
Silivren

Senna-Umbreon wrote:When I said "us", I was referring to the people who are fine with 4+ characters. If you read my posts correctly, you would see that. Whenever I said "us", I had just referred to a certain group of RP'ers here, NOT everyone in this thread. I wasn't in any way or form applying my opinion to everyone in this thread.
To be honest I fail to see where you refer to select RP'ers and I have read all of the posts you've made. I will agree to disagree with you though and will stick my thoughts of limited characters so the RP wouldn't get so out of hand and confusing.

Senna-Umbreon

Senna-Umbreon wrote:But yes, it IS a small amount of characters, at least for some of us.
Here.
A lot of us are quite used to having a lot of characters, and can handle them just fine, so only four is definitely a low amount to us.
And here. Particularly the bolded parts. I was referring to a certain group of people who are used to having a lot (AKA 4+) of characters, or are just used to an RP having a lot of them. (Said group generally being me, Ruby, Honey, and arguably Azu and Lupis, although I'll wait to see their exact opinions on this for now. They've been in RPs with lots of characters, so they're at least used to it.)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Guys. Like Seren I'm not necessarily going to be joining this RP, but all this arguing will make it so that no one will. Rather than bicker about how many characters people "should" have, let them take on as many as they'd like to try out and if they can't handle them all or sign-ins get too clustered later then you guys can calmly say that person x already has y amount of characters and it might be an idea to hold off on more unless the story can accommodate them in some way (small side characters for example).

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Senna-Umbreon

Varethyn wrote:Guys. Like Seren I'm not necessarily going to be joining this RP, but all this arguing will make it so that no one will. Rather than bicker about how many characters people "should" have, let them take on as many as they'd like to try out and if they can't handle them all or sign-ins get too clustered later then you guys can calmly say that person x already has y amount of characters and it might be an idea to hold off on more unless the story can accommodate them in some way (small side characters for example).
This. Technically, this is what I've been trying to say (As in, people can have as many as they'd like, and can handle.), but Vare just said it a lot better than me. Ha. XD But yeah, this bickering is getting a bit silly, all things considered.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Okay. Time to wade in and get in the thick of this. Sorry if I start to sound too moddy on you guys.

First and foremost: People need to take a very deep breath and calm down. I understand this subject is touchy. But I've already had people PMing me concerns and it is WAY too early in the running for that. If this is a problem, there will have to be further actions taken to ensure that everyone feels comfortable.

Second: I'm saying it right now. There is no hardcap. However, I do not expect people to have eight to ten characters. If they do have eight to ten characters, I will watch them like a hawk. Any sign of slip-up and I will tell them to take it down a notch. Sure, eight to ten is fine in small RPs. But we're talking a lot of people, way more than we've had in any other RP, and if everyone wants two, three, four characters, we're going to be talking about an insane number. So I would greatly appreciate it if people could show restraint and keep it around four to five characters, preferably less. If folks still have an issue with that, they can take it up with me in PMs. But this isn't the place to discuss character limits anymore. That's the verdict. I expect people to be civil and show restraint as they've always had.

Third: As for focusing on the actual topic of this RP, plot brainstorming, I was thinking about it earlier. We have a few options. One, we can alter the sins idea. I'll come back to that. Two, we can go something different. I have two fronts on this--either we can do some exploring of AUs, as in what if the Dusk won or Deoxys won, or we can do something with the Blessing if we want. But if folks are sold on the sins, I was thinking what could happen is there is one big bad--the Watcher--who is the antithesis of Arceus. He's been sealed/banished/whatever but he shows up and starts taking in pokemon to be his new Legendaries--aka the sins and whatever else you want to do. The end game for the Watcher--who is gonna pretty much be a behind the scenes force--is to destroy all other Legends than his and Arceus.
Last edited by Azunara on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silivren

Azunara wrote:Okay. Time to wade in and get in the thick of this. Sorry if I start to sound too moddy on you guys.

First and foremost: People need to take a very deep breath and calm down. I understand this subject is touchy. But I've already had people PMing me concerns and it is WAY too early in the running for that. If this is a problem, there will have to be further actions taken to ensure that everyone feels comfortable.

Second: I'm saying it right now. There is no hardcap. However, I do not expect people to have eight to ten characters. If they do have eight to ten characters, I will watch them like a hawk. Any sign of slip-up and I will tell them to take it down a notch. Sure, eight to ten is fine in small RPs. But we're talking a lot of people, way more than we've had in any other RP, and if everyone wants two, three, four characters, we're going to be talking about an insane number. So I would greatly appreciate it if people could show restraint and keep it around four to five characters. If folks still have an issue with that, they can take it up with me in PMs. But this isn't the place to discuss character limits anymore. That's the verdict. I expect people to be civil and show restraint as they've always had.

Third: As for focusing on the actual topic of this RP, plot brainstorming, I was thinking about it earlier. We have a few options. One, we can alter the sins idea. I'll come back to that. Two, we can go something different. I have two fronts on this--either we can do some exploring of AUs, as in what if the Dusk won or Deoxys won, or we can do something with the Blessing if we want. But if folks are sold on the sins, I was thinking what could happen is there is one big bad--the Watcher--who is the antithesis of Arceus. He's been sealed/banished/whatever but he shows up and starts taking in pokemon to be his new Legendaries--aka the sins and whatever else you want to do. The end game for the Watcher--who is gonna pretty much be a behind the scenes force--is to destroy all other Legends than his and Arceus.
I definitely love the new twist to the sins plot and definitely think we should do that. Not everyone followed/was in the Dusk/Deoxys plot line and there's new faces interested so I'd definitely favor a new plot line/the sins thing.

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

I really like your ideas Azu, I think starting out new would leave room for a lot of newer people to move in.
I reallllyyy like the sins idea
also is there any sins still open? Sorry im kinda lazy at the moment bu I would like a sin if possible- I like all the seven sins and im fine with any leftover ones
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

With the new idea, I'm more than willing to allow multiples of one sin.
Silivren

Azunara wrote:With the new idea, I'm more than willing to allow multiples of one sin.
Oh now that'd be awesome. Would they be like new Pokemon or legendary. I think Sableye would be great for greed myself.

Senna-Umbreon

Azunara wrote:With the new idea, I'm more than willing to allow multiples of one sin.
Yessss this is good. Can we go with different species, or would there only be one species for each sin? (Yes, I'm actually starting to warm up to the sins plot, particularly because of this idea. We have too many people, and not enough sins, if we did otherwise, I feel. XD Especially since people could feel left out if they couldn't get a sin they wanted.)

(Note, pretty content with that way of dealing with the character stuff, 'Zu. It works for me, all things considered. XD Admittedly, even though we still probably won't have more than 4-5 characters each, I just had issue with a limit in general. Having 4-5 characters on average because it's easier is something I'm much more willing to settle on than having only 4 characters because of a limit. Even if, technically, they're not that much different, reason-wise. I just prefer the "this many characters on average, please" to the "no more than this many characters, no exceptions". Guess it's just a matter of suggestion to keep numbers down vs. rule that is enforced. Feels less controlling, to me.)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:
Yessss this is good. Can we go with different species, or would there only be one species for each sin? (Yes, I'm actually starting to warm up to the sins plot, particularly because of this idea. We have too many people, and not enough sins, if we did otherwise, I feel. XD Especially since people could feel left out if they couldn't get a sin they wanted.)

(Note, pretty content with that way of dealing with the character stuff, 'Zu. It works for me, all things considered. XD Admittedly, even though we still probably won't have more than 4-5 characters each, I just had issue with a limit in general. Having 4-5 characters on average because it's easier is something I'm much more willing to settle on than having only 4 characters because of a limit. Even if, technically, they're not that much different, reason-wise. I just prefer the "this many characters on average, please" to the "no more than this many characters, no exceptions". Guess it's just a matter of suggestion to keep numbers down vs. rule that is enforced. Feels less controlling, to me.)
Uh, I don't really mind if their are multiple species of one sin (Raikou and Thunderus and Zekrom and Zapdos all represent lightning/storms/electricity/thunder/whatever for example) and folks should also keep in mind they aren't limited to the idea of sins. Anything chaotic or destructive can be an embodiment for a new legendary.
Dirty-Claws wrote:
Oh now that'd be awesome. Would they be like new Pokemon or legendary. I think Sableye would be great for greed myself.
The way I see it is think of the Watcher (name to be properly decided whenever) as Arceus--except as opposed to maintaining order and balance, the Watcher wants the destruction of everything ever. Whereas Arceus made legends to help preserve order, the Watcher has created Legends to ruin the order. Which means they would be new Legends.

HOWEVER, as those Legends of Order have long since patroned pokemon to be their Champions, it is unsurprisingly that these new Legends of Chaos would do the same. Meaning that you can have Champions (Pokemon blessed by a Legend) if you'd like, or you can create a new Legend.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Ahhh, so this is turning into sort of an alternate FotG? This sounds even more interesting! (Even though I do still miss that one)
I approve of this plot line.
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Not quite I don't think? Vaguely different idea, Arceus is still out and about. I dunno, I consider champions of legendaries to be a canon thing in whatever timeline/au we use, not just FotG? Or whatever. Mostly it's just so folks can have freedom to dabble with what they please.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Azu, I really like the new Watcher plot idea. I think this would allow me to actually be able to use my houndoom evolution (Champion of Wrath yusssssssss). I may or may not continue with my Lust idea with stuff being changed around, I'm having trouble visualizing my idea and I'm nervous about attempting to draw something when my art skills are crap (thanks to Moon I at least have line art for my houndoom thing xD).

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Silivren

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Azu, I really like the new Watcher plot idea. I think this would allow me to actually be able to use my houndoom evolution (Champion of Wrath yusssssssss). I may or may not continue with my Lust idea with stuff being changed around, I'm having trouble visualizing my idea and I'm nervous about attempting to draw something when my art skills are crap (thanks to Moon I at least have line art for my houndoom thing xD).
I want to use a Sableye for Greed and possibly a Banette for something else..but I'm unsure. I'd wanna alter them some but I cant draw a lick sadly >.<