Dawn of the Blessing OOC

Should we allow three typings for a pokemon? (IE Fire/Grass/Flying)

No. We've always had it at two, let's keep it. Besides, it might get OP.
76%
Yes. Change is good, it gives a wider variety. It won't be that bad.
24%

Total votes: 17

Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Re: Dawn of the Blessing planning thinger

Unread post by Moonlost »

Okay, good to know. I don't want to keep things held up for too long, so I'll be pushing things forward tomorrow if you're still having issues. Nothing personal, I just don't want to hold everyone up. If that does end up happening, we can just say that she's barreled with the group there and you can jump in when you're feeling more inspired.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Okay, I feel up to getting back into this, finally. Could I, er, get a brief description of what's currently going on with the group Robin and Rin are in, aaand the Blessing? All Unova stuff.

Sorry about this!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Rin and Robin (along with Bellflower and Rose) are near…some city right now. Not exactly doing anything yet. Idk about The Blessing yet x.x Still got some catching up to do myself

Anyone wanna catch me up on the Johto thread? What happened with the tower and afterwards? I tried to skim it but…it's too much XD and I'd like to get back into. I'm in no rush though since my characters are all kinda just floating around. I'm still trying to get used to RPing x.x I'm still not sure what exactly I'm doing in Johto and Rose is just a follower haha! so all my characters seem kind of useless

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Opelucid City, Jurz. :) And you did a MUCH better job than I did, Azu. XD

As for what happened after you had to leave for a bit, Lupis: the Blessing tried to storm the house that Terrakion and Co. live at, only to be driven back, but Harrier and Sam managed to come up with a plan to get them driven away from the Village Bridge, due to Saoirse, Lir, and Bastet falling for their act hook, line, and sinker. It took a bit for everyone to get ready, but we did the timeskip to where everyone's now on the road to wherever, and they're currently stopped thanks to Mattie having a bad dream and cutting herself in her sleep.

As for the Blessing (Unova-side): Honey's Kyurem arrived (I don't remember her name, sorry, Honey!) and apparently, there's a traitor among them.

And Jurz, I'll try to catch you up in what's happened so far in the Johto thread: The Tower Group managed to flee to safety, and there were reunions all around. Catharsis has completely turned her back on the Blessing, and she's sworn revenge against Loki. Speaking of him, Loki has yet to do anything (I'm waiting for a good point to fully bring him in because I have no experience playing evil characters. I'm also trying to find a good place to introduce Rumour (one of) Catharsis's sisters.). A few of the Blessing characters have (or are about to) stumble upon the ruins of the campsite from the beginning of the RP.

I hope this helps! Lemmie know if I missed anything, guys!
Last edited by Falcon on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Johto Thread (POST TOWER:)

Essentially they all bailed the HELL out of the Tower since that riot with big and angry. They make it to Firefly Fields, which is where Ghost's family (and bits and pieces of Sol's and random pokemon etc. of Senna's) live. Forrest and Veth have become friendly and they're gonna deal with Loki, Veth's brother--but more importantly they want to get to the bottom of the Blessing mess. Forrestal doesn't want to make any hasty moves in case the Blessing are innocent however. During the flight, Ghost finds Takoda, an old friend of hers.

Uh Venin and her refugees alongside Phantom are gonna crash somewhere. Everyone is basically done with the retreat and is gonna go take a nap.

Unova:

So the Bridge people kick out the House people because rude. The Blessing have had a hand in that (thanks Sam and Harrier) and are now aaaaall back to the Camp. They're gonna possibly maybe split into two groups--one to heckle the House group, one to heckle and kill an officer in Opelucid who's been causing trouble--including spreading important info about the Blessing.

MEANWHILE Rin has gathered a bunch of bros (Robin, Bellflower, and Rose) and they've set off to do their own thing because the House is a mess and Rin and Robin are grumpy and they don't trust Bellflower and Rose is just there because she likes Bellflower. But they're coming up on Opelucid, where there's the Blessing informant...

edit: HEY MANY SUMMARIES

HANDLE IT
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Awesome, thanks guys :) Also, could someone describe Firefly Fields for me? I'd like Zack to stumble upon the group sometime soon. He can't wonder the woods forever XD

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

When I have time, I'll try to figure out an actual detailed description of Firefly Fields. maybe I'll draw one XD But.. uhh.. General idea of it is a farm in a valley north of Ecruteak. It's mainly surrounded by grassy fields and all that, and there's a lake rather close by. And there's teeechnically two houses, one larger main one, with a small one nearby. And there's a little courtyard thinger in between the two.

...I literally had to go look in my old-as-shit documents from my old computer to find this info. UGH. XD
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

And with that, I present to you all the clown with her own holiday, Walpurgis~
Walpurgis~ Brought to you by the lovely Senna.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Walpurgiiiiissssssssss
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Senna-Umbreon

PUMPKIN BABY <3

Walpurgis practically has her own little fan club
Moonlost

Jurz wrote: [...] I saw you have a Landorus as a side character Moon, ya mind if I have a Pokemon blessed by him? I've been itchin' to bring Riles, my Jolteon/Landorus, back but I just couldn't really figure out how I wanted him in the RP.
Sorry I didn't respond to you sooner Jurz, I admit I read this then... completely forgot. <_<
Uh, honestly? I admit I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea, I'm sorry to say. Nothing personal at all, it's my own hangups more than anything else. This is my first time RPing a legendary character, and I don't quite have a solid grasp on Tammat yet. I don't want to tie any other characters to him on the off chance that I grow tired of him or I do something that'd make you regret tying your character to mine.
I admit part of this is also not knowing much about Riles. Feel free to attempt to change my mind, as theoretically I'm not against the idea at all, just nervous as to how it'd all turn out and probably being pretty dumb.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Moonlost wrote:
Jurz wrote: [...] I saw you have a Landorus as a side character Moon, ya mind if I have a Pokemon blessed by him? I've been itchin' to bring Riles, my Jolteon/Landorus, back but I just couldn't really figure out how I wanted him in the RP.
Sorry I didn't respond to you sooner Jurz, I admit I read this then... completely forgot. <_<
Uh, honestly? I admit I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea, I'm sorry to say. Nothing personal at all, it's my own hangups more than anything else. This is my first time RPing a legendary character, and I don't quite have a solid grasp on Tammat yet. I don't want to tie any other characters to him on the off chance that I grow tired of him or I do something that'd make you regret tying your character to mine.
I admit part of this is also not knowing much about Riles. Feel free to attempt to change my mind, as theoretically I'm not against the idea at all, just nervous as to how it'd all turn out and probably being pretty dumb.
Its all good ^^ I just won't push the matter. I was just trying to see if there was something...more I could do

And thanks for the description senna

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Jurz--maybe you could have Peter leading a small group of pokemon in a near city. One that, you know, supposedly is keeping the town safe from 'mutant' species and whatnot. Stirring up trouble, convincing them to turn on their friends subtly. Stuff like that? Cause Moon could probably need help on that front.
Silvershade
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Silvershade »

GUYS THIS IS COMPLETELY UNRELATED
TO ANYTHING
BUT
how do you guys pick hidden power types? do you just randomize it or pick something that goes well with their moveset or something that fits their personality or what
no real reason for asking I am just curious

deviantArt

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I've...never...really thought about it...

(If I had to I'd probably just pick a type I like. Maybe one that matches their personality.)
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

First, if I have them in game I go off that. (Deep freeze's is ground)

Then, if I don't like that or don't have them, I pick one. (GTM's is Dark. Har har har.)

If I can't pick, Random! (Foresight's is poison, says the random number generator.)

That's just my process for it.
Senna-Umbreon

So hey guys, I had an idea. Anyone remember the old WoD/RotS art thread from way back when? I'm thinking of maybe making a new one for DotB. I know we like, all have dA and stuff (and hell I think one of the main reasons we had the WoD/RotS art thread was because a lot of us weren't active on dA back then...), but I figured it might be a good idea to just have a basic sort of way to keep all our DotB art in one place. What do you guys think?

especially in the case of the really silly doodles like the ones I've done, so they don't clutter up this thread instead
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I agree with this. ^^^ As I have told her so.
Moonlost

I'm down for it. It'd be nice to have all these little random sketch things in an easily accessible location without having to dig through a topic more suited just for discussion. Although I would like to see some links to pictures in this thread if it's somewhat related to the topic that's being discussed.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I agree, it would be a really great idea!