Dawn of the Blessing OOC

Should we allow three typings for a pokemon? (IE Fire/Grass/Flying)

No. We've always had it at two, let's keep it. Besides, it might get OP.
76%
Yes. Change is good, it gives a wider variety. It won't be that bad.
24%

Total votes: 17

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Dawn of the Blessing OOC

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

To be fair, I think it might be a little too early to expect the protagonists to be a unified force against the Blessing just yet. XD I think things are a bit too.. Chaotic with the Ekleipsis group in Unova currently, and in Johto they are just kinda like "wtf who are thes Blessing guys anyway". XD So I think they need a little more time before they sort of really become an opposing force against the Blessing.

I think I'm the odd one out in that I'm not too bothered by how the Johto Blessing group and the Unova Blessing group are? But I can roll with changing what they're doing, regardless. XD
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Hey Guys, sorry I have been absent. I've been away on vacation (and I am going away again in a week) and before that I was feeling a bit un-inspired with writer's block. I think I messed up a bit in portraying Sphinx, so I have to fix that among other things. Once I get my ducks in a row you can expect me back - I intend to keep Sphinx and Trick in the Blessing if that helps.

I need to do some reading to catch up with the Johto thread, as that's the only place were I have characters. I haven't paid attention to the Unova thread at all >_>
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm also sorry for disappearing for a few days there, and I want to apologize if I've ever accidentally ignored anyone as well, I never meant to (and to Honey and Senna, it's okay! <3). I'm also sorry for not really saying much whenever we're planning things, I'm... not really good at coming up with ideas. And, I have Loki in the Johto Blessing, Jurz, even though I'm reducing him to the status of a minor character till he's needed plotwise (and Loki? Good? *sweatdrops* i'm amused everyone forgets about him since I've never really had the chance to establish hm (I can't figure out how to do so), save for in Catharsis's memories.)

I'm totally fine with the Ekleipsis being a pre-established group, since our two groups pretty much are kind of lost at the moment. And Jurz, I don't think Zack stole the spotlight at all, I think finding him was a good place to end it off for now in the johto thread. :3
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:To be fair, I think it might be a little too early to expect the protagonists to be a unified force against the Blessing just yet. XD
I understand where you're coming from. While I don't expect them to be a unified force yet, I believe the group would've started forming before now. The way it sounds, rumors about The Blessing have been going around since before the RP and that causes Pokemon like Rin to infiltrate them and try to figure things out. I doubt Rin would be the only one, and I feel like these few Pokemon could be The Ekleipsis.

Also, Falcon, I don't think anyone's forgetting Loki as much not counting him yet since he's only really appeared in Catharsis' memories. Not trying to offend ^^ Just trying to point out that I don't think anyone is ignoring his existence.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

No for real though what are we doing cause I still really don't know? Ideas have been tossed around with little input and I'm not sure what we're doing or where we're going with things.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Uh, okay, let's try to put all this together into one cohesive idea. I'll focus on Unova because... that's the thread I follow.

Unova Blessing: Perhaps they're realizing that the "kill everyone" approach is backfiring, and they start to take a more subterfuge-related approach. Spies are sent out to different groups, some trailing and stalking, others actually joining up with the protagonist groups. For example, if Acedron was an unfamiliar face to one of the protagonist groups, she'd approach them and join them like she was any other pokemon.

Upon gathering information, these spies would then report back to base and set up ambushes, or better, start spreading rumors about the protagonists. Make them unwelcome- make them out as a sort of terrorist group. "Don't let them in your town, do you know what they did to the last one? They can do anything to anyone and get away with it. They think they're beyond the law."

Taking this approach, they might be able to force the protagonists to unify, because the outside world will start to see them as the enemy. This could also make the Blessing seem more powerful, because they'd have such sway over public opinion. While this is going on, the Blessing would have some down time, when they might be able to explore those experiments people have shown interest in.

Unova Protagonists: ...See above, actually. Forced together more or less. Some groups might still stray, of course, depending on how characters get along!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Senna-Umbreon

Alright, since we really need to work on this, because I'd really rather not just let this die.. Let's figure out what we're doing. Here are the main sort of.. Issues/subjects we need to work on.

1. Change what we're doing with the Blessing groups. Johto Blessing are apparently too nice, while the Unova Blessing are apparently too mean. Which is an.. Interesting problem. XD I know the idea of having the Unova Blessing go more the route of trying to "cure" mutants and all that... And to be honest, I'm not sure what to do on the Johto Blessing. I mean, how exactly are we supposed to fix one antagonist group being too nice, AND fix the other being too mean, without ending up just switching the problems around? It's sort of a strange issue. XD I'd really love to see the ideas other people have on this matter. Edit as of me typing this up.. I'm actually really fond of Lupis' idea for the Unova Blessing! That's something I can get behind, and should likely help the issues we've had with them. :D

2. As for the protagonist groups.. The issues of there being too many character in Unova, AND of lots of them being a little, err.. Anti-new people can be fixed. Some of us are dropping a bunch of characters to the background, and we'll be working on dealing with the issue of newer characters being left out. Those are pretty simple fixes, really. On that note, another issue brought up that's somewhat related to people getting lost, is post formatting. I'm pretty sure most of us are doing fine in that regard, but it's still something to keep in mind. So like Moon suggested, line breaks between dialogue belonging to different characters can probably help. Sometimes having an entire conversation between more than one character in a single block of text can get confusing! So something as simple as just going -

"blah blah blah" said X

"blah blah blah" Y replied

yadda yadda yadda

...probably the WORST example one could ever give, but it's all I got. I THINK this should help a little in keeping confusion to a minimum? (And I'm pretty sure this is what Moon was intending? pfft if not then, I guess I'm kind of dumb. XD Really, I'm just trying to think of something to help on this subject lol)

3. And on the note of both groups, it would be nice to somehow get it to the point where the Blessing are very much obviously a threat to our protagonists. Especially in preparation for the inevitable thread merge down the line. Instead of the "what who the hell are these people" thing we have in Johto, and the "oh god these guys are jerks they got us kicked out of our house" thing we have in Unova. The idea of the Unova Blessing doing the whole curing thing might help establish them as actual threats in that thread. I'm a little more clueless on the Johto thread though. Anyone got any ideas on that front?

4. Then the Ekleipsis thing. I think we still need to decide for sure whether we want to just use the name for the protagonists as was the original idea, or if we want them to be a shadowy background faction. I can see a few pros and cons about the latter idea.. If we made them an already established faction, that means we may need some NPCs from that group to really make them.. Not just background fluff. (though TK's idea of Zephyr working for them can help in that regard.) But on the flip side, they could certainly help in getting our ACTUAL protagonists rallied against the Blessing, which sort of helps the previous issue I mentioned of getting a real conflict going between the antagonists and protagonists.

So I think all we REALLY need to do is get our group's collective butt in gear and hash out exactly what we're doing when it comes to these subjects. (And also, is there anything I've missed? I think I remembered all of the kind of.. Issues we're brought up, but I'm not sure.)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I think you've got it when it comes to formatting! I apologize, I totally forgot about that issue. What I think people want is something like this:

'Character A and B
Place

Character A does a thing. Character A might talk here. Character B can react with actions to Character A's speech, but cannot talk in this same paragraph.

Now character B can talk, because the new paragraph has made it clear that a new character is talking.

Character A wants to say something back, so new paragraph break. Actions may persist between characters at any point."

Not the best example, but- basically what Senna said. The problem arises when posts look like this!

"Character A and B
Place

Character A says something. Character B says something. Character A says something. There aren't any clear indications who's saying what."

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Alright. We're going to need clear people who are willing to be spies/leaders of the Blessing then in either threads. But we can have our Blessing characters actively start infiltrating the group, those who weren't really recognized at any battle or whatever. That puts them in a tricky spot for those who were--Sam and Harrier come to mind. Perhaps when they become active again they can plead forgiveness if they want to try infiltration? Otherwise, we'll need to think of something for them. Perhaps some of them are spies, some of them are actively working to try and get subjects for this "curing" process.

But alright. Unova Blessing begins trying to get involved with the protagonists. We need people to do that. Volunteers?

---

The Unova protagonists need to actually get moving or figure out what the next step is other than mindlessly meandering. Assuming the Ekleipsis is an actual group, that'd be what the Johto thread is dealing with. So the Unova protagonists need to start working stuff out. Perhaps the spies feed them information to go check stuff out? Like say the spies say "Oh this place is a Blessing settlement" and the protagonists can check it out only to realize it wasn't ever Blessing--furthering the myth they're bad guys?

---

Johto Blessing needs to do something similar, start framing the protagonists. Moon was going to work on that, but Moon's burned out iirc. So we'll need more volunteers on that front so we can start fueling the fire. Perhaps they start putting out active bounties for mutants/etc, with especial prizes going towards those who capture the wraitheon group? They have to start moving and the Blessing has something to do.

---

Assuming we want to make the Ekleipsis an individual spooky faction that people join (It looks like we're heading that direction anyways I guess) then the Johto folks can be up to that. End up joining Ekleipsis, maybe get busy trying to figure out what is happening--end up realizing they're on the run. Possibly have Ekleipsis sponsered missions to start going after Blessing.
Senna-Umbreon

...So.

Uh.

Guys?

Are we actually going to work out what we're doing (Which, um, kind of requires people to.. Post here with input???), or are we just going to let this die? Because I'm really kind of curious on whether anyone even wants to continue this thing now, given the... Lack of replies.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

(Ninja'd by Senna, some of what I say might not make sense.)

Ok, I'm just curious now, but is everyone getting confused by my posts? Because I can think of a few times when I've had no distinction between characters.... the thing is, that was usually Deep Freeze talking to herself. And while TECHNICALLY She's two characters in one, Almost nobody can tell them apart anyway- I'm rambling.

---

Unova Blessing.

I can actually probably get a spy into the protag group, since Zox wasn't around before, I can bring him in and simultaneously throw Spinnaker away. And through the use of flamethrower, which.. the Slowpoke line can learn naturally somehow, he mayyyy be able to fool them into thinking he's a Delta.

(I'm having a hard time coming up with what else to say, which is why I haven't been posting anyway, aside from being so sick that I think my brain was filled with snot.)
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Sorry, been procrastinating on posting and been busy with school, WoW, job, Pokemon…

I'd prefer for this to not die. I like Azu's plan and I can RP as an NPCs needed. I'm honestly not sure what else to say

Senna-Umbreon

HoneyShuckle wrote:Ok, I'm just curious now, but is everyone getting confused by my posts? Because I can think of a few times when I've had no distinction between characters.... the thing is, that was usually Deep Freeze talking to herself. And while TECHNICALLY She's two characters in one, Almost nobody can tell them apart anyway- I'm rambling.
Yeah, I'll admit, sometimes your formatting can be a little confusing. XD I understand that Deep Freeze sort of requires that, but maybe you can try formatting it differently? Having the dialogue go "blahblabhblah" "blahblahb blah" "blahblah lbhs" can be really confusing, really. XD Maybe something more like -

"blah blah blah"

"blah blah"

- Will work better? Instead of there really being no space at all between the dialogue strings? I think that might help? :D
Jurz wrote:Sorry, been procrastinating on posting and been busy with school, WoW, job, Pokemon…

I'd prefer for this to not die. I like Azu's plan and I can RP as an NPCs needed. I'm honestly not sure what else to say
Totally understandable! I figured a lot of people had been busy, but when people are active in other parts of the forums but stay quiet here, it's hard to not wonder about if they want to keep going with the RP. XD

also I was a little frustrated when I made my other post, so.. I apologize if it comes off a little bit snippier than intended.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Senna-Umbreon wrote: Yeah, I'll admit, sometimes your formatting can be a little confusing. XD I understand that Deep Freeze sort of requires that, but maybe you can try formatting it differently? Having the dialogue go "blahblabhblah" "blahblahb blah" "blahblah lbhs" can be really confusing, really. XD Maybe something more like -

"blah blah blah"

"blah blah"

- Will work better? Instead of there really being no space at all between the dialogue strings? I think that might help? :D
To be honest, Deep Freeze talks A. LOT. Exactly how long do you want my posts to stretch down? I am going to do that sort of thing more with my other characters, but like I mentioned, Deep freeze talks too much for that.

And another to be honest, I'm not even sure why we're still STOPPED. I feel like we have almost everything sorted out. We just need to post what shifts and go, right? Unless I'm totally wrong and I'm frustrated because I can't play with my toys.
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Senna-Umbreon

Honestly, I think long-ish posts are better than confusing formatting. Heck, if you wanted you could just do it like this for Deep Freeze..

"blah"
"blah"

Not as much space between dialogue, but I think that'll be enough to make it less.. Confusing?

-

Aaaand I think we're sort of waiting on peoples' opinions on our plans. Or simply just confirmation that people WANT to start it up again, because honestly it's hard to know if everyone does want to keep this going right now. I think that's why we're still stopped. We stopped in the first place to sort out problems, and.. Things have just lulled a bit, activity-wise, which makes it confusing whether the group wants to continue or not.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

I honestly think I was just waiting for it to start up again lol I lost track of time after awhile. Do we need someone to time skip both threads and start them up again?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeah I wanted input/some discussion because it's a group RP, not a "one or two person" RP. That, and I can't use all those Blessing NPCs myself. But yeah, I guess we can time skip. I'll give everyone till tomorrow and then put something up maybe? Cause I'm on campus all day and it'll give me time to think.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

The reason why I've been quiet is because, well, being new and being a timid person, I'm nervous that any ideas I may come up with will be terrible, and I honestly felt responsible for some people up and leaving like they did back near the beginning of the RP. ._. I also haven't been saying much because, well, I don't like being out on the floor when it's completely quiet, it makes me pretty nervous. Plus, I was sick as a dog yesterday, so there was that.

As for the Johto Blessing, perhaps Loki could be in charge of the bounties? It would keep me from having to unceremoniously boot him to the position of background character before he even has a chance to really do anything, and it would give him the opportunity to put a bounty out for Catharsis, since she's pretty much a traitor. I'm just unsure of who he would be answering to, though.

I could probably play some Ekleipsis NPCs in the Unova thread, since I only have two characters there, if we're going with Ekleipsis being an already established group? And something I'm curious about: can a character who begins as an NPC end up becoming a full character in a later RP?
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

@Falcon

He can answer to the Gliscor that Peter answered to earlier in the RP. The Gliscor isn't the leader, but I think he'd be the highest power known since the true leader is a secret to most Blessing. I saw him as being apart of a council too, so the known leadership would be more like a group of 7 or so (I think that's the number I picked) so that if anyone wanted to RP as a "leader" of the organization then they could. We never really established how the leadership was structured exactly so I kind of made that up and went with it earlier, but, Azu, if you feel the need to change it then that's fine. The Gliscor will still be above Peter in ranking though so Loki could answer to him if you'd like

TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

I'm game for this continuing! I can also volunteer for Blessing NPCs as well.

As for the idea of the Eklepsis being a pre established group, I really like the idea they're just now forming. It's a good balance between being already formed and being formed over the course of the plot. Any thoughts on this?

I'm really sorry about not saying much in terms of planning and stuff. It's just when it comes to the big plans here, for one reason or another my mind goes blank. I have no clue why.

@Falcon

Never be afraid to speak up. You could very well have some ideas for us here.
Walpurgis~ Brought to you by the lovely Senna.