Site Write Challenge Topics:
1. PURPOSE - What's worth fighting for to your character? What drives and motivates them?
2. FRIENDSHIP - Tell a story about your character and a friendship they have.
3. PET PEEVES - Everyone has them. What are the little things which make your character tick? Describe their pet peeves!
4. SLEEPLESS - Something has caused your character to become sleepless. A bout of insomnia perhaps or maybe they are working through the night on something? This can be anything related to the topic word. Have fun and describe why!
5. FEAR - Tell a story where your character encounters one of their fears.
6. PACT - An old man in a tavern screeches about the deals people make with the Burning Legion to grant them 'powers' or something special. He turns to someone and accuses them of making such a pact. While it is easy to dismiss the old fool, your character wonders about something. If given the chance to make an exchange with a demon, what would they ask for and what would they give up to have it?
7. HEIRLOOM - This one is up to your interpretation entirely. Perhaps your character has some sort of family heirloom, just found out one exists, or is helping someone else find one, the possibilities are endless. Just make sure to use the heirloom in the story!
8. SURPRISE - Tell a story where your character is caught by surprise or perhaps surprises someone else, etc. Again, up to your interpretation of the word. Be creative!
9. PRANK - Your character pulls a prank on someone or is the victim of a prank. How do they react/what do they do?
10. SECRETS - We all carry them. What is one of your character's secrets?
11. RACE CHANGE / GENDER CHANGE - Perhaps your character has tripped into a Gnomish/Goblin device, been a victim of a spell gone awry, used a strange trinket, or drank an unknown potion which changes your character's race or possibly their gender! What happened to your character? How do they look and what did they do while under the transformation for a few hours?
12. ENEMY / RIVAL - We all have them. Who is your character's enemy or rival? Is it a specific person or perhaps just the opposing faction? Write about an encounter they had with an enemy/rival.
13. POWER - Today's topic is about having the option to have an immensely powerful item or ability, and whether or not they would use it. Azeroth is full of powers far and wide. Tell us about a time your character came across some said power and if they succumbed to the temptation to use it.
14. CROSS-FACTION - How does your character see the other faction? Allies, enemies? Lovers, haters? Write a story about how your character would interact with someone from the opposing faction. How does your character respond to them? What would happen?
15. REGRET - What is one of your character's regrets?
16. OBSESSION / COMPULSION - Write about an obsession or compulsion that your character has or had.
17. CAPTURED - Your character is captured and taken away. Where do they end up? Who caught them and most importantly, how are they saved/how do they get out?
18. CHILDHOOD - Whether it be a dream or perhaps someone slips a potion into your drink at the tavern without you knowing. Either way, you are transported to the memory of where your character grew up. What is it like? What does your character see? Do they catch a glimpse of themselves in a childhood memory? After your experience, you open your eyes and realize you are back in the same place as you grew up in. What changed? How does your character feel?
19. UNANTICIPATED RESULTS - Perhaps it was something you were crafting or an experiment that didn't turn out quite the way you intended, etc. This can be anything relating to this topic. Be creative!
20. DECEPTION - Write a story based around a time when your character was deceived or perhaps was the one deceiving someone else.
21. EMBARRASSED - Write about a time when your character was embarrassed by a situation, etc. What happened?
22. LOVE - Write about a time your character found love, be it in a person, place, ect. Write about something or someone they love.
23. LOSS / LETTING GO - Write about a time your character lost someone or something or had to let something go.
24. TEMPTATION - Describe a time where your character was tempted by something or perhaps someone. Do they give in or overcome this temptation?
25. ALTERNATE UNIVERSE - Your character has a dream where the world as they know it is different, as are they. Perhaps Arthas never became the Lich King and instead Jaina did. Perhaps Lordaeron never fell. Perhaps the Horde and Alliance are not at war. There are endless possibilities for this alternate dream world. Who are you in this world and how is it different from the current one? Describe and explain!
26. RE-DO - Somehow by magic, your character is given one shot to redo and/or take back something that happened in their lives. What would they take back? Would your character take the offer or would they decide against playing with fate?
27. DISGUISED - Your character is forced to wear a disguise, whether it be to gather information or required for a costume ball, etc. It is entirely up to you!
28. SWITCHING PLACES - Somehow by magic, your character has temporarily switched bodies with someone. What would you do while in this person's body?
29. FATAL FLAW - What is that one thing that would cause your character to snap? Write a story where your character has to deal with an event that brings their fatal flaw into play. What would they do?
30. DEATH - Describe the ideal death for your character or perhaps how your character thinks they will meet their end. Perhaps they had a nightmare they thought was real or had an experience where they had to be resurrected. Death Knights and Forsaken can tell their stories. It is entirely up to you!
Last edited by Ashaine
on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 34 times in total.