Tales of the Hunt ((Open RP))

Saturo

Re: Tales of the Hunt ((Open RP))

Unread post by Saturo »

((Phew! Long post is long!))

Decay - Dalaran

"I feel like you deserve to know why we were attacked.", Decay started. "Long ago, when i was still known as Anariel Lightbringer, I was with a party up in Alterac. We hunted dragons, mostly reds and blacks, and once a blue. Anyway, the party consisted of me, a high elven paladin seeking adventure, a young human named Korwen, who you've just had the pleasure of meeting, a dwarven warrior named Khorak, the Doucks brothers, Revin and Sari, from Lordaeron. Revin was a ferocious warrior, he fought like a troll berserker (!) and Sari was a powerful Mage. For a while we were accompanied by a gnome named Saturo as well. A powerful Mage, but something always seemed a bit wrong about her..."

"Now, we all got our fair share of money from these adventures, and we went home to our separate cities rich. Except me. I banded up with two other paladins, we were going to fight the undead threat. They didn't end up so well, and the moment I heard the undead were going towards Silvermoon I headed home, to help defend it. That turned out to be a mistake, as you can see.", she said and grinned. "After I got turned, I was sent on the mission to bring home "souvenirs", and to spread the Plague. I decided to hut down my old party, for fun, and I almost succeeded. Sari was already dead, and a soldier in the Scourge, and the gnome was nowhere to be found. Korwen proved problematic. He evaded me time after time. Until I finally found him."

"He was with Korak. The two made a desperate stand, in the middle of the swamps in the south, and Korak fell quickly. Korwen managed to flee. Whenever I thought I was close, he got away. I was eventually forced to return without him, but by then he hated me with a passion for what I had done. The party had all been close friends. I... Destroyed that. Emotionless and uncaring. Brutal."

She sighed deeply. 

"When I got freed, my conscience told me to find Korwen, and offer him my apologies. He would accept no such thing. He's been after me since, with more assistance every time. Be wants me dead, and I dot blame him."

She looked down, exhausted after such a story. She pulled her cloak and hood up in an attempt to hide her face from the others. 

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Indigosa--Dalaran

A grimace crossed Indi's face at the mention of dragon killing, and left just as quickly--hopefully they would think it was a grimace of pain. Suddenly she realized that she had been fighting for these people and that they didn't know her name, nor she theirs. "I am Indigosa," she announced. "A former...mage of the Sin'Dorei. I was turned when Arthas ravaged Silvermoon in the Second War."

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara and Kozri
Dalaran

Azunara gave a quiet whine. Kozri said nothing, debating how to react. Dragon hunters? Ironic. If Decay knew...That would end for an interesting conversation. Nonetheless, he said, "Azu is right. As she said earlier, you did what you did because you were controlled. You weren't yourself, just a moving shell of hate. And you are the better person because you feel guilt. You want to make up for it, and that already redeems you there. You have regret. And if he wants to kill you, he'll have to go through us first." He said, and Azunara nodded in agreement. "I'd like to see him try!"
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Decay - Dalaran

"I KILLED my best friends! That's not something you forgive yourself for easily. I still remember the pleasure of gutting them...", she said and shivered. She turned to Indigosa. "Indigosa? That's an uncommon name. I'm Decay. I was Scourgelord Decay. Before that I was Anariel Lightbringer."

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indigosa--Dalaran
It's pretty standard with blue dragons, Indi thought idly to herself. It had never occurred to her that her name might appear odd. Most blue dragons were named for some variant of the color blue, and their names ended with either -gos (male) or -gosa (female). Perhaps she would have to come up with a new name that would be more accepting amongst the mortals.

Indi nodded to Decay. She couldn't imagine what Decay went through after learning she had killed her friends. It was bad enough seeing the betrayal of Neltharion, learning that nearly her whole flight had been decimated... She shook her head, willing the memories to fade away--she was no longer fully a dragon.

She looked to the druid and human, awaiting their introductions.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara and Kozri
Dalaran

"Azunara Wildheart, Druid of the Claw." Azunara said, to Indi's expectant glance. Kozri looked at the pair. He wouldn't say much about his past, so he simply said, "My name is Kozri."
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

((I'm going to assume they've walked over to a grassy area at this point. =P))

Indigosa--Dalaran

Indi nodded to the human and druid. Feeling weak and dizzy, she lowered herself to the ground and began cleaning the gore off her rune weapon.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara and Kozri
Dalaran

"I'll heal you, too," The druid said, and Kozri went to her side. The druid gave a slight gulp, looking around warily and whispering softly to Kozri, "Cover me, please..." With that, she closed her eyes and allowed herself to shapeshift.

Azunara in elven form still looked rather young and thin, and still had the various scars, scales on her wrist and necklace. She gave a sudden shudder, looking around, trying to keep the panic out of her expression. "Let's get this over with."
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indigosa--Dalaran

Indi's ears drooped and she looked away in embarrassment. She had not expected the druid's help, but she was grateful for it. It saved her from need to call on the blood for rejuvenation.

She sensed the druid felt awkward as well and turned her face to Azu's. "You shouldn't feel embarrassed. It is natural for you to heal, to care for others. At least you are not an abomination upon this world, at risk of losing your found sanity to the very powers you wield."

Her gaze shifted to Kozri and she frowned. "And you...human, yet not human." She studied Kozri, her gaze boring into him. "So strange for a human to follow a night elf druid around, almost as if she were your kit...or baby sister."

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara and Kozri
Dalaran

Azunara whined, "Not that. I'm not meant for healing. I'm meant for fighting. Bad things happen when I heal...But I'll do it anyways. I have to." She said, nodding determinedly, trying to get the pale look off her face.

Kozri looked at Indi, "She...helped out of a tight spot. I decided to keep her safe, in return for a debt. And I assure you, I'm quite human." He said, stressing the latter bit. People feared dragons. He didn't want to lose their trust.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indigosa--Dalaran

Indi snorted. "You're as fully human as I am rogue--and that's a fact. However, I don't have the strength to pursue it, so if you insist you're human, I'll deal with it...for now."

She turned back to Azu. "You don't need to heal me. I can call upon my powers to do so, and make a trip to the first aid center here if need be."

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara and Kozri
Dalaran

Kozri growled. Why did it matter to them? He wouldn't hurt them, why wouldn't they buy his story? He looked at Azunara, and sighed. Should they run? No, that'd be too...harsh. He'd just deflect their question as long as he could.

Azunara tilted her head, "If you say so." She focused her energy, though, and looked at Decay. A stiff, irritable scowl crossed her face, and Kozri focused along with Azu. The grass around them began to wilt, as did the leaves on the trees. Both druid and rogue looked even moreso tired until finally, Azunara killed the healing spell with a snarl and flopped to the ground, having enough energy to shapeshift into her feline form. "I...really hate healing..."

Kozri gave a tired sigh, then sat down.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indigosa--Dalaran

A grim smile crossed Indi's face. Like Decay, wounds themselves didn't bother her so much as the lack of energy brought about by them. She briefly wondered if there were any critters about that she might be able to strike and steal back their life essence for herself...it then occurred to her how terrible that idea sounded and how it might offend Azu.

She scooted herself further away from the group, wanting to get a last heal off on herself before she tried to stand up. Closing her eyes, she called to the blood for healing, running a hand along her axe. The red flash appeared around herself and her companions, and she felt a bit better. She opened her eyes, which were now a deeper blue, stood up, and slid the cleaned rune weapon into its holsters on her back.

Indi couldn't get over how awkward it felt to be in the company of other people. Where she had felt social when first coming across these people, she now felt like an outcast amongst them. Wobbling on her feet, she suddenly decided that she needed food and a pint of ale--there was a neutral inn nearby.

Giving a slight bow to the trio, she said, "I thank you all for your generosity." Unsure of what else to say, she turned her back to the group (ears bowed in embarrassment), and headed to the neutral inn, her steps a bit unsteady and slow.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Kozri and Azu
Dalaran

Azunara wearily got up, chasing after Indi, "Where are you going? Aren't you staying with us? We could use your help..." She said, head tilted. She looked tired, but sincere. Kozri said nothing, just leaned against a tree, head tilted back, eyes closed, resting.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indigosa--Dalaran

Indi's eyes widened. No one had ever asked her to stick around, no one had ever needed her help. Hell, most people shunned her just for existing--she was a reject even within her former flight. She was at a loss for words. On one hand, she wanted to do some serious thinking, on the other, she wanted to further experience the company of others. Indi's ears drooped and she looked sheepish. "You...need my help?" she asked unassuredly, gaze on the ground. She would have been blushing had she been able.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara and Kozri
Dalaran

Azunara nodded, "Well, yeah. There's something weird going on, I don't know what. Something big. We can use all the help we can get! Besides, we should help Decay, too. She needs help, as well."
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indigosa--Dalaran

Cursing inwardly, Indi gritted her teeth at Azu's mention of Decay. She had been leaning towards trying to sneak away, but she didn't particularly want to leave another of her own kind when she so rarely came across free death knights. A sigh escaped her lips. She looked down at the druid. "I will stay with you then, just be warned, I don't always have control over my powers, you could be risking your lives. If you'll excuse me, I'm in desperate need of some ale and to...figure some things out..." She turned back in the direction of the inn, wondering what she was getting herself into.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara and Kozri
Dalaran

Azunara brightened, "Yay!" She said cheerfully, "Alright, I suppose we'll stay here. Or find an inn. Or something. But Kozri looks wiped out, and I'm not sure I could get him to move..." Azunara remarked thoughfully, padding over to the human and flopping down beside him, head on her paws. The human was almost sleep, occasionally twitching and snapping awake, looking around warily, before relaxing.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indigosa--Dalaran

Indi turned back to the group and walked over to them. "The neutral inn's only a few hundred feet from where we're at now."

She had nearly forgotten that she had brought her deathcharger to Dalaran with her. She stuck two fingers in her mouth and let out a sharp whistle. A ghostly neigh could be heard in the distance and Indi's deathcharger, Moonstalker, came running over, stopping in front of her master. Indi smiled and put her hand on the undead horse's nose. She looked back to Azu. "You both are more than welcome to use Moonstalker to travel to the inn if you cannot walk yourselves," she offered.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azu and Kozri
Dalaran

Azunara shook her head, "No, I don't want to trouble her. Besides, Taeryn could use the exercise." The druid pulled out a whistle carved from wood, a gift from her cousin, and blew into it. Almost immediately, a mistsaber appeared, tail lashing excitedly. Kozri blinked, stirring. "Hrrmf? Wha? I'm up..." He looked at the pair, and glanced at Decay. "I'll...walk." He said, though he helped Decay onto the mistsaber, which Azunara didn't seem shapeshifting to ride. He looked at Azu, giving her a slight grin, and she nodded and grinned brightly back in return.

The human began to make his way to the landing. He wanted to fly.