Tales of the Hunt ((Open RP))

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Tales of the Hunt ((Open RP))

Unread post by Gumballs »

Alright, I wasn't sure if fan art/creative writing was the correct forum to put this in, but since an open RP is creative writing with lots of people, I figured it would suit it.

Many, many people on this forum RP, whether it is just personal, in game or at events or on forums. I thought it would be a nice idea to start a WoW themed forum RP here so those of us who are interested can participate and have some fun. There isn't going to be much of a story line to begin with, so we can develop it as we go along. It's mostly just for fun and character development.

Rules:

-This is an open RP; anyone may participate. There is no sign ups. You may join and leave as you please with as many characters as you please.

-Please no G-Moding others, this should go without saying.

-Make sure your characters have limits. As in, don't be a Mary Sue or an overpowered character. If you are unstoppable, it gets frustrating and boring for other people.

-Remember if someone's character is rude to yours do not take it personally. when someone RP's they act as their character would, not as they necessarily would or think.

-Any Race/Class combo will be allowed, as well as any lore classes or rpg classes (such as savagekin, tinkerer, etc.)

-Try to use proper grammar and spelling. Minor mistakes are allowed but please no 'l33t sp34k' as it makes it difficult to RP.

-When you say something OCC (out of character) please put it in double brackets ((like this)).

Introducing a Character:

In your first post, please including the following:

Name:
Race/Class:
Brief History (Optional):
Brief Personality (Optional):

Don't forget to include any pets, mounts etc. that are traveling with them.

And at the top of each post you make please include:

Name:
~

Alright, let's have at 'er! I'm assuming most of the people who participate will be hunters, but don't feel obligated to RP one. Just have fun, this is a great place for character development (no matter who the character)! I'm going to wait to see if a few more are interested, and then I will post my characters :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Re: Tales of the Hunt ((Open RP))

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

Name: Phantomwolf

Race/Class: Dwarf Hunter

Physical Description: Phantomwolf has coal black hair and silver rivulets run through it, marking his age. His hair is wild and unkept sometimes with bunches and knots. He has icy blue eyes and his skin is sometimes either very pale or very tan depending on where he has been. Right now he is pale; and his beard is short with two silver bands holding some bunches of hair to cup his beard.

Brief History (Optional): Phantomwolf is a veteran of all three wars and was originally a paladin...but out of sheer loneliness he became a hunter of the wilds. He lost all three of his brothers in the first war to the same orc warrior but holds no hatred to orcs in general; in fact he is great friends with none other than Varok Saurfang the elder. Varok and he barely talk and when they do it is often in secret as not to be seen. He has gained the title "ranger lord" according to both factions for his deeds as a master tracker and hunter, but he has 'betrayed' both sides more than most can count. Phantomwolf holds no true alliegience but to his 'family'.

Brief Personality (Optional): Phantomwolf has no true loyalty to anyone but who he calls 'friend', and these are select and very few individuals. His main and only friends are his companions who have been with him for years; such as Azrael the black lion and Abaddon the black wolf. With the expansion of the stables many of his old companions have returned and are ready for more action which is why Wolf appears with a new pet almost every day.
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"
Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Dragon616 »

Just a quick question if I may? Are we on the pre-cata, or after cata timeline?

Let sleeping foxes lie...

And a huge Thank You to Ket Shi for the awesome Avatar and Siggy!

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

((Hmm... how about the time line is directly as Cataclysm is happening? Such as the Earthquakes, etc. are happening. I've always wanted to RP during the Cataclysm itself. My characters will be in an unspecified spot in the Barrens, plenty of open space to run into eachother))

Name: Ashiena Everbeast, Daenak Everbeast
Race/Class: Troll Beastmasters (siblings)

Description: Ashiena is the younger sister of Daenak. She is 24 years old with a bright turquoise fauxhawk, light azure skin and deep red eyes. She has a labret and a nose piercing, several earrings and tribal tattoo's representing each of her companions on various parts of her body. She wears light mail and leather armor which is very worn and carries a large polearm and bow. Ashiena has various companions but currently is traveling with her spirit beast Moonstorm, her ghost jomunger Ghostmaw and her green devilsaur Ecko.

Daenak is older of the two, being 26. He has shaggy purple hair half thrown up in a braid, chin stubble, light olive skin and golden-brown eyes. He wears bone jewelry in his nose, ears and nipples. He wears heavy mail armor, carries two axes and a large bow. He has several companions as well, traveling currently with a small hawk named Elf, a hyena named Marvollio and a polar bear named Penelope.

~

Ashiena sighed, wiping some sweat from her brown. "Stupid heat," she mumbled, glancing at her brother. Daenak nodded before looking ahead, seeing the sky darkening rapidly. "Big stahm soon, gunn' hafta fin' shelta," he commented. Ashiena nodded and set her jaw, resting her hand on Moonstorms back, the glowing snow leopard purring loudly as they began to walk.
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Hey, Gumballs. At this rate, we'll have to get a Lore and Roleplaying Forums for here, as well. :D))

Name: Azunara Wildheart
Race/Class: Night Elf Druid
Physical Description: Azunara is normally seen in cat form. Her fur is white, with the common druid markings on her shoulders. She wears a silver moon necklace, and has four scales tied to her wrist, a red one, a blue one, a bronze one and a black one. Azunara's ears are torn, as if they were ripped apart, then rather poorly healed. A silver tabby follows her, and she commonly meows and speaks to it.
Brief History (Optional): Azunara's younger years were fairly average, and it wasn't till soon after her father died that she left on her own. After a Curse that turned her into a murderous creature, she swore revenge on the one who forced her to that state. Multiple narrow misses however, including one time where she nearly died, caused her to have a severe distrust for gnomes.
Brief Personality (Optional) Azunara is very cheerful, upbeat and confident. She is young, innocent, and easily manipulated and tricked. She has a hatred towards gnomes, and avoids them at all costs. She is a savage fighter. She becomes very uncomfortable outside of cat form, and she hates, hates, hates healing, only doing it on desperate measures.

Azunara sat on one of the crates in the Trade District, claws clicking the wood absently. She yawned, tired. It was early. Kiren besides her flicked her tail, giving a meow and Azunara nodded, "Yeah, Kir. We should think about breakfast." This was interrupted by a large earthquake, and Azunara gave a sudden whimper as nature itself cried out in pain.

---

Name: Terania Novaria
Race/Class: Blood Elf Hunter
Physical Description: Terania is your average blood elf, her black hair pulled into a ponytail. Her bow is always in hand. She is always followed by a copper raptor named Blackjack and a dragonhawk named Phoenix.
Brief History (Optional): Terania's mother wanted her to be a magi, but Tera escaped and joined the Rangers, but split off from them, and lived in the wilds. Through sheer luck, she had stumbled upon a dragonhawk nest, starving, and was going to steal an egg when it hatched. Unable to hurt the hatchling, she fled with it. The pair struggled for a while, but once Phoenix was older, the pair would frequently steal. They were thrown into prison, but were given a break when they were recruited as a mercenary. Somewhere in their travels, they encountered a feral raptor, a runt, and befriended him.
Brief Personality (Optional)
Terania is extremely protective of her pets. She is naturally curious, and somewhat immature and childish at times.

Terania looked over the Barrens, Blackjack warily studying the plains. "I really don't like this place," The huntress muttered to Phoenix, who chirruped in agreement.
Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Dragon616 »

Name: Jo'Rend Runetotem
Race/Class: Tauren Savagekin(aka Uber Feral Druid)
Physical Description: Jo'Rend remains in his bear form almost exclusively, but has been know to change back to have a normal conversation when the need arises. In bear form he resembles an abnormally huge brown bear with black horn. Tribal Runes emblazoned on his hide, and bones ornaments hang from his neck and horns. His eyes are milky as if blind.
Brief History (Optional): Jo'Rend is an old Tauren, he was born long before the third war. He helped with the founding of Thunderbluff and was one of the first druids trained by Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem. Having become to old to help with day to day affairs within Thunderbluff, he took to the wilds to enjoy life as an animal.
Brief Personality (Optional): Poke a sleeping bear with a stick, and you pretty much have Jo'Rend in a nutshell, grumpy and ill-tempered. His life in the wild has made him more aloof, but he has been know to help out others when he can and feels like it.

Jo'Rend is snoozing beneath a tree, mumbling to him self as the earthquakes shake beneath him, "Damn goblins and their infernal machines... *Yawn* If I wasn't so tired, I'd maul them good..." He rolls over sticking all four paws into the air and letting them go limp as he fades into sleeping once more.

Let sleeping foxes lie...

And a huge Thank You to Ket Shi for the awesome Avatar and Siggy!

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

Name: Daikoku Akki Bakudan
Race: Goblin (male)
Class: Hunter (Beastmaster)
Professions: Engineering (goblin of course) / Mining
Physical Description: He is a handsome goblin standing a full 3'4" tall with fairly broad shoulders and a lean physic. He weighs in at a full 52 lbs. He wears his light brown hair up in a top knot that has just the tips of his hair singed, probably due to an engineering malfunction of some sort. He has cool blue eyes which contrast starkly with his light green skin. He wears a set of engineering goggles which is generally sitting back on forehead and has a bandolier and satchel brimming full of explosives. He wears a set of simple mail armor, with each piece meticulously oiled to make sure that he is as quiet as a mouse.

Brief History (really this is the short version): He was one of the few goblins to take the Horde side before the Cataclysm. His family had been selling explosives and other engineering items in the southern barrens when a human patrol came upon them. The humans did not like their presence there and fearing that the goblins were equipping the orcs and tauren of the area with weapons. The humans destroyed their cart but before they cut them down the were saved by an orc patrol. Being an unusual set of "sorta honest" goblin they agreed to help the Horde any way they could instead of running away. Which meant moving to Orgrimmar and creating weapons and explosives in the Valley of Honor. He grew up creating all sorts of contraptions along with his father and mother for the Horde war machine. He learned the ways of the Hunter from Orchimedes a particularly odd orc hunter that enjoyed creating all sorts of deadly contraptions and hanging out with goblins. Orchimedes told him stories of all of his adventures and he couldn't help but love the big green devilsaur that was always at his side Chomper. The devilsaur seemed to like Daikoku allot as well and would pick him up in his jaws on occasion and take him outside to play. Of course playing with a devilsaur included being chased around the Valley of Honor by him.
Years later, he nows stands in Grom'Gol with his companion "Yen" the Yellow Raptor and his trusty Dwarven Hand Cannon "Big Bertha", a gift from his mentor and friend Orchimedes, ready to finally be able to leave his mark on the world.

Brief Personality: Daikoku loves having fun, he also has a mischievous side and loves explosives. These all together makes for quite an experience, especially when having fun includes using explosives. (What do you expect from a goblin?)
He has a serious side but he tends to hide it behind his jokes and his silly antics. After a couple of Dwarven Stouts though, he will talk your ear off pondering the meaning of life, the whole of existence, and why everyone has navels.

As Daikoku was talking to the blacksmith about doing a task for him the ground started to shake violently.
"I swear I didn't do it.... I think." he said winking at Yen.
He slowly walked over to the entrance of the town and looked long and hard at the ocean.
"Lets get out of here Yen, I have a bad feeling about this." He said quietly.
He threw "Big Bertha" over his shoulder and headed into the jungle; Yen right at his side intently scanned the foliage for any possible threat.
Just after they disappeared into the jungle a set of abnormally large waves came in, striking against the wooden outer wall of Grom'Gol.
The waves weren't too bad... but it was just a sample of what was yet to come.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Name: Saturo
Race/Class: Gnomish Warlock
Physical Description: Looks friendly. Gyrocopter's bags are usually packed with various tools and weaponry. Wears a darkly coloured robe, with spikes on the shoulderarmor. Wears goggles that she tucks up to her forehead when not in combat. Has a rather large sword embossed with dark runes slung over her back.
Brief History (Optional): Is occasionally referred to as "The Kingslayer". Not much info revealed about this, however. Known as a powerful Warlock and Necromancer. Is rumored to be associated with various "evils", such as the Twilight's Hammer and the Scourge. Her Runesword seems to confirm an association with at least the Knight's of the Ebon Blade. She has had some Mage training too, as evidenced by her ability to use Blink and Invisibility. Knows how to fire a rifle, but has no real skill with it.
Brief Personality (Optional): Well, your characters probably wouldn't know this, but okay, whatever. Evil genius kind of person, and a very powerful warlock. Can raise the corpses of her enemies to fight again under her control. Not very trustworthy. Ever.

Is usually accompanied by Felguard and heavily packed Gyrocopter.

-------------------------------------------------

Name: Stereoptic "Stereo" of the Farstriders
Race/Class: Blood Elven Ranger
Physical Description: Has a scar over her left cheek. Wears hair in a ponytail, and wears a chainmail set of armor. Has a rather large gun with a high-accuracy scope. Sniper.
Brief History (Optional): Went mercenary after Quel'Thalas fell. Hates the Alliance, but will take missions from them for payment. Is famed as a skilled assassin, more specifically a sniper.
Brief Personality (Optional): Typically a quiet and laid back person in groups. An expert ranger, can stay stealthed for days while tracking.

Is occasionally accompanied by a Wind Serpent.

------------------------------------------------

Stereo reclined in her chair and gazed out over the room, and the other patrons in it with a look of utter boredom and disinterest. It was beginning to get really boring, she hadn't had a customer for weeks.

((Feel free to hire the services of Stereo, I might appear later with Saturo. :P ))
Last edited by Saturo on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Name: Linesk
Race/Class: Blood elf hunter
Physical Description: Linesk's mouth is always set in a grim line. He seldom smiles, and retains a distant expression, as if his mind is always drifting in hidden memories. His hair is long, stringy, and gray, and though he is still relatively young for an elf, his trying experiences have marred his pale flesh with stress lines and hideous scars. He is always wearing his battle armor, always cautious, always posed to fight.
Brief History: Used to serve as a Bloodhawk handler in Tempest Keep, but left and joined the opposition when he learned the specifics of his master's plan. He has slain those who were once his closest allies, and their dying wails forever echo in the depths of his dark mind.
Brief Personality: Highly suspicious, Linesk tends to distance himself from others. Solitary and arrogant, he seldom speaks and is generally overlooked by others.

--------------

The drunken stupor of civilians clad in moth-eaten robes and cheap paper masks had driven Linesk to his wit's end. He was swiftly stalking the cobblestone Dalaran streets searching for a haven that would shield him from the ceaseless holiday clamor when a Blood Elf commoner sporting an unconvincing Dranei mask stumbled over and slapped Linesk squarely on the back.

"Hello there friend," the commonor sputtered, balancing a frothy mug of ale in his free hand. "You and me, we're brothers, ya know? And, and I'll be damned if some freak dressed as the godforsaken Headless Horseman is going to come into my city and mess with my brothers, ya know?"

Linesk scowled.

"If you're my only protection from the evils that be, I should probably hurry to find a suitable coffin."
With that quip, Linesk pulled briskly away and descended into the sewers. Despite the fact that the tunnels were cold, damp, and peppered with shady characters, they were at least quiet.

Further into the sewers, Linesk noticed a rickety old bar. Hoping to avoid the eager duelers that were inevitably nearby, he ducked inside and was relieved to see that the bar only held a few quiet patrons and was run by a (sober) member of his own race. Linesk approached the barkeep and was amused to find a sleepy wind serpent curled at her feet.

Ignoring her cold, uninviting gaze, Linesk pursued conversation.

"I see that you're a hunter as well. Have you heard these ridiculous rumors of spectral animals that people have occasionally spotted deep in the jungle? It all sounds very silly to me, like some drunken bastard dreamed it all up. 'Spirit beasts' they call them. I don't know about you, but I'll believe it when I see it."

Before the barkeep had the chance to reply, a burly Tauren who had, until that point, been sitting quietly in a dark corner, approached the two and shot a glare at Linesk.

"Stereo, is this scrub bothering you?" the Tauren grumbled in a throaty voice.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

((Stereo ain't a barkeep. xD ))
Stereo. Underbelly bar.

Stereo groaned, and looked at the elf a bit annoyed. "Yes, I have heard of them. Rather uninteresting stories if you ask me. Do you have any particular business here?", she said.
She nodded at the Tauren, with an expression that said "Wait, I want to see where this is going".

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara
Stormwind/Dalaran

Azunara snarled as the earrh shook even more. It gave her a nice, splitting headache to boot. Sometimes she really didn't like being a druid. This hurt, the earth freaking out like this. She leaped off her boxes, Kiren trailing her. "I think we should go talk to Kozri, eh Kir?" She pulled out a small white stone, and gently rubbing the rune on its face, was teleporting to the magical city of Dalaran. The presence of magic and the air smothered the quakes, and better yet, nature's pain, so she easily relaxed. "Better." The cat prowled along the sewers, trying to find where Kozri would be. Likely hiding somewhere, she thought with a grin.

((Question, not sure how picky you are. Kozri is a bronze drake. Is it okay if he's a side character? Won't RP him much, he's just a reason for Azu to be in Dal, since that's where most people are slowly converging. xD))
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

((I don't mind you having your drake in. :P ))

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Eh, rethinking it, I can angle it to not have it be there. People tend to stuff dragons in the Mary-Sue catergory, even when they're not intended to be. Hence why I asked. xD))

Azunara
Dalaran

Azunara pricked her ears, stopping past the bar. She didn't think Kozri would be there, and a quick glance showed he wasn't...But the conversation was interesting. Spirit beasts. She remembered her cousin had worked with one, long time ago. She slipped into the shadow, wanting to hear more, but not wanting to be rude. If that made sense.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Stereo - Underbelly bar

Stereo turned her head towards the shadows of the bar. Did she really hear something...? It sounded almost like a wolf, or some kind of animal at least... "Meh, probably nothing.", she said and turned back to the elven visitor.

((Oh, definitely, but I think you could handle it, Azu. :) ))

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Aww. You'll make me feel like a better RPer than I really am. xD))

Azunara
Dalaran

Azunara gave a quiet hiss of relief. That could've ended badly. She had once got punished for eavesdropping. But she was curious, who could help that?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Stereo - Underbelly

Stereo turned back. This time she DEFINITELY heard something. It was a hiss, but it sounded unlike a snake, or a crokolisk. Her Wind Serpent looked up and darted it's tongue.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara
Dalaran

Idiot, idiot, idiot! All senses said flee, RIGHT now, but they knew she was there. Staying would be smarter, wouldn't it? If she ran now, that'd definitely make noise. But if she stayed very, very, veeery quiet, maybe they wouldn't notice her. Kiren, pressed against the wood of the counter, watched but Azu and Stereo carefully. The tabby was ready to fight, if needed.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Stereo - Underbelly bar

Stereo took up a small, coin-like device, and flicked it into the shadows lightly. It started flashing mid-air, and when it hit the ground it lit up a rather large aura with it's light. The Wind Serpent laid back down again and closed it's eyes, obviously not interested in the smell of the Night Elf hiding in the back of the bar.

Kira
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Kira »

(( I have to join in on this..looks fuuun ))

Name: Asliasa
Race/Class: Draenei Hunter
Physical Description: Tall for a female Draenei. Dark skin and horns, but white hair and light eyes. Horns back and curved very gently. Only removes her armor while sleeping.
Brief History (Optional): From a family with a high level of 'sophistication,' she's the odd one out. Kicked out of her home for becoming a hunter, she's survived with her pets since that day. She's recently rediscovered her sister, though not in the way she had thought she would.
Brief Personality (Optional): Usually silent, she speaks when she needs to. When out on her own with her friends (pets) however, she will talk at length. Seems a bit rude, but does not intend it at all. Is generally a good shot, but has moments where she completely blanks and misses. Daydreams a bit too much to be healthy.

Name: Akiralios
Race/Class: Draenei Death Knight
Physical Description: Light blue skin and horns, which are curled back completely and face forward. Black hair, usually in pig tails. Glowing blue eyes. Wears her armor most of the time, though she sleeps without it and will occasinally dress down. Keeps her runic sword on her at all times.
Brief History (Optional): Was once a Mage in the war against the Lich King, she was killed and then turned into a Death Knight. She enjoyed it until she was forced to kill a cousin, which made her regret everything she had done. She refuses to contact her family, though she has recently found her sister.
Brief Personality (Optional): Quiet, calm, usually thinking, Akiralios is not one to be rash. Then again, there are times where that goes out the window Completely and she jumps for a fight. Her training coming back, no doubt. She speaks with her sister, though she hates her own voice.

----

"So, he's the new one ah?" Akiralios tilted her head as she looked at the large blue dog that stood beside Asliasa, his tail wagging.
"Yes he is!" Asliasa said cheerfully as she held a leg of meat out to the beast. She smiled as he snapped it from her hand, the static noise of electricity around him growing for a moment before it died down.
"Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't have seen it." Akiralios muttered as she shook her head, arms crossed under her chest.
Asliasa simply smiled and pat the dog as she looked up. They were getting those looks again... "Sister.."
"Mmm, noticed too..let's go." Akiralios sighed as she stood, runic sword finding it's spot on her back. Asliasa stood with her and the dog did as well, food in his mouth as he padded after the two Draenei. "What's his name anyway?"
"Sunki."
Last edited by Kira on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara
Dalaran

Okay. Running would've been a much better idea. The shadows chased away, the druid was easily flushed out into the light. The tabby snarled, bristling, but a quick snarl from Azunara cut it off, and it slunk away. Azunara lashed her tail, unsure of now what to do. She began to back away, testing her footing. Just in case she had to run. But..Curiosity killed the cat, and she wanted to see what they would do next.