I Am So Lucky!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Starling
Realm: Winterhoof-US

I Am So Lucky!

Unread post by Starling »

I just want to say, that I possibly have one of the most amazing guilds I know. Today, and last night, I spent in Twilight Highlands camping for Sambas – I happened across the ghost wolf first, Karoma. He happened to be there so I snagged him for my beautiful Spirit Beast collection (only missing Ghostcrawler) but simply was not satisfied as I play Marksmen main spec. I wanted a beautiful beast I could run around with, and not be in BM so my heart was set on him. Well after about 6 hours of camping, 6:00AM rolls around and my friend and I started getting disheartened – my friend, a mage, flew over pass one of his spawn points only to see an alliance mage kill him. I was sad, I must admit, but we clocked the time and sauntered off for a bit to get some sleep.

I came back around 10:00AM, nothing, so I left to go get food – keeping in mind that I’ve been suffering from a horrid chest cold and spent half of the time “sleeping” coughing up a lung. But I am stubborn, and I wanted my cat. Anyways, 11:30AM rolls in and my mage friend and I show up again me stationed at one spawn point and my mage friend volunteering to pat the other remaining spots. Time passes, mind numbingly slowly with one false alarm from a hunter who pulled out his tamed Sambas and set off my NPC scan. I grumbled, cleared my cache and reclogged. 3:00PM rolls in and still no Sambas, by this time I have my mage friend and one of my guild members offering to help out.

I was starting to feel horridly drowsy from cold medication and pain killers but didn’t want to give up. My rogue guild mate and my mage friend both eventually talked me into lying down, and I was certain I was going to miss my cat. 2 hours pass, when I hear my mage friend in vent waking me up – to my surprise I log back in and see 5 people, my mage friend and the rogue as well as three other guild members all in a raid all camping all his spawn points. I was almost brought to tears that they were willing to take time out of their schedules to come help me with a mob that I had been camping on and off.

Several hours pass, nothing, and finally around 8:10PM server CST I hear over vent “Guys, guys! He’s underneath me, he’s right here I don’t want to tap him come get him,” the next thing I know is I hear “Ok he’s sapped waiting on you Star!” I quickly drop everything and nerver wrackingly fly over to where he’s sapped. I think my heart was beating a hundred miles per hour, I was so happy! I distracting shot broke the sap and froze him … only to have my ice block break! Luckily the tame kept going and smoothly he became my newest pet, and one of my favorites. He’s still unnamed, but the guild and I have gone over some names for him. I am so happy!

Also, I want to thank the two hunters who saw me camping and left peacefully. Both whispering me wishing me luck, and simply asking for a time when I tamed them so maybe they too can have a chance in the future. I wish there were more people like you, thank you so much! I started playing my hunter again, with my main being a restoration druid, for group two in the guild... Needless to say I've fallen in love with Oralia and all the pets I've tamed over the years. I just thought I'd share my experience, I am so lucky to have such awesome guild members and an amazing friend.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: I Am So Lucky!

Unread post by Lupis »

You have such an amazing guild! Tell them that they're awesome for me.
Also, huge grats on your tames! xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh wow! Thats incredible!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

JagKat
Realm: Trollbane & Kilrogg-US

Unread post by JagKat »

That is one awesome guild--congrats on your new lion!

If you are still looking for a name and still aren't feeling well, you should name him Gesundheit to help with some good health mojo. :D
Starling

I know, I am so happy! I actually GM the guild on my druid, and they're all awesome on a normal basis. I was shocked however, they came out and camped with me for something as small as a pet. I am so proud of them, and so happy to being a part of such a great family. Certianly am pleased and Samba is GOREGOUS! and Jagkat I'll run the name past the guild and see what they say :D
Ayrisa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Ayrisa »

So happy for you! Your guildies are great people! Sambas might just be thr right medicine to make you feel better and journey together. Grats!
Socks
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US-Eonar

Unread post by Socks »

Even this story brought me to tears x) I have a HUGE heart for Sambas and seeing what your friends/guildies are doing for you makes me want to steal them for myself ;p
Big grats on the beautiful kitty, I can say, my Sambas (Arlys) Never leaves my side :3
& I hope you feel better c:

Ghostcrawler's Gifted: 8

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Wooot, how awsome. Had my old guild camping Loques sight for weeks for me and had someone come on guild screaming at my husband to wake me up and have me log on to tame him. Guilds like that rock. My new guild ran me threw Blackwing Lair to get the drako-corehound from here. Its wonderful to have such great people playing :)

Congrads on your new and very handsome pet...hopeing to one day tame him as well
Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Magtheridon

Unread post by Shandorei »

Aww, kindly done by your guild :'D

Congratulations aswell!

Alright ... This signature was made by Saturo, and it was based on my old character! But now I rolled a new character and got my profile renamed! :D
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Awwww, what a cute story. You do indeed have very nice guildies.

I hope you feel better soon!
nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dalaran US

Unread post by nirvana »

I envy your awesome guild. I was once a member of a guild that I am certain would have done that for me, but these days I feel like a hobo, wandering about homeless and (mostly) friendless.

Your story did cheer me up and remind me of the good ol' days though. Grats on Sambas - mine, named Phaoris, is definitely one of my favorite pets and has yet to know the stable.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Grats, that is seriously awesome!!!
Starling

Just wanted to let everyone know, we decided to name him Romeo! :) He's such a chamer like that.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Grats on the tames! Your guild was really awesome to do that with you! Love the name too!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Congrats! What a nice bunch of people :) It's great when you're in a guild with people who sympathise with long camps hahaha.

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Congrats :) I will probably never find one, haha.
It looks good on you, what will you name it?
Starling

I named him Romeo, here is a picture from later that evening!

Then I managed to snag Olm the Wise from Felwood, and went out to Vash'jir to get Ghostcrawler! :)
I must admit though, Romeo has pulled at the heart strings and is the pet I run around with most :D
Starling

Mr Ghostcrawler, now name Charlie, who I got today at 3AMish CST

Jadefang, now named Squeaks, who I got today at 6:40AMish CST

Now to get Maddex, that's the last one I'm really wanting and willing to camp!