O HAI DERE.

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

O HAI DERE.

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I've been questing on my faction-transferred warrior for most of the day. She came over with around 4k and all of the quests reset, so I'm grinding Cata zones for moolah towards Veeka's mechano-hog. Found two rares, neither of which I wanted(or could kill, for that matter).

Ya know what, Vashj'ir is boring the second time around. But I got that tingle in my gut about a rare being up, the one that you develop after wasting years as a hunter of virtual pets. I immediately thought "Loque is up and I'm going to punch him in the face for my RP cloak!", but when I logged over and did circles, he wasn't there. Nor was Krush or Aotona(who has avoided me for two expansions so far).

And then I go "Hey wait, what about Madexx?". I wanted bronze to replace my Venomscale Livewire - who was previously one of those purdy silver and blue scorpids - and maybe he was up and I could tame him and then bask in whispers about how my pet wasn't special because he was brown. My hearth was set to Silithus since I didn't change it after my Guardian of Cenarius grind so I hearthstoned and puttered over to Uldum.

I do my circle, muttering about how he's never here and how maybe Arcturis or someone is up instead, and then I get that AWOOOGA from NPCscan. An old girlfriend of mine used to say my nose got cold when I was excited(long story) - I think it turned to ice and fell off.

I know what you're thinking! 'And it was bronze and Veeka was so happy!' - but no! No, it was my good ol' pal Livewire and he tromped right over and gave me a brofist and went "HEY VEEKA, LET'S GO DO FUN THINGS." and I said "LIVEWIRE WHY ARE YOU GREEN." He looked at me and said "You know you aren't supposed to ask questions. Good hunters don't do such things." and I sort of forget what happened next.
"HIGHFIVE." "AAAAHOHGODPLEASENO"
"HIGHFIVE." "AAAAHOHGODPLEASENO"
WoWScrnShot_032011_053503.jpg (228.85 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
ANYWAY while I think Livewire looked ruggedly handsome as a bronze scorpid, I support his decision to make the switch to green and while I cannot guarantee that he will reliably spontaneously shed the same color each time I happen to fly over, I can assure him that I will not be parking myself out in that desert for longer than a minute ever.
He looks even ruggeder now. Ruggidlier handsome?
He looks even ruggeder now. Ruggidlier handsome?
WoWScrnShot_032011_054924.jpg (154.49 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
Unless the whiptail thing starts up again, and then my tauren's butt will be there so long it's considered a permanent fixture of Uldum.

TL;DR: Green Madexx spotted and tamed at 5:35 AM via fly-by on Moon Guard US. No clue how long he was up. His name is Livewire and he is awesome.

Edit: I just wanted to say I was working on a doodle of Livewire for this thread and realized about half way through that he had no pincers. Attempts to add pincers failed pretty fantastically, so here's what I had before I quit:

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Re: O HAI DERE.

Unread post by Sherbe »

Hehe, loved your conversation! Scorpies for awesomeness! :D

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Haha thanks Sherbe. I'm awfully tired and was so when I found him and I think it shows.

And I love love looove Scorpids. As I said earlier I've had one pretty consistently for a while, so I drag mine everywhere. I love the noises, the skins, heck even the disarm is pretty nice. I wish i had the space for a pet scorpion in real life, but sadly I do not. The same lack of space kept me from getting the tarantula I wanted as well. :(

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

In real life, I'm afraid that Scorpions freak me out. Tarantulas are cute, as are many spiders, but scorpions are... *Shudder*

In-game, I think they're cute. ^.^

Anywho. Grats on your tame, and I approve of Livewire's molt!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Heee thanks Lupis. Yeah, the more I think about it the more I wonder if a scorpion would even be remotely safe in this house - we've got two idiot children, one idiot adult(hi!), a dog...I was promised a tarantula a loooong time ago, but mom changed the rules to include "when you move out". Tch. Figures.

And I'm enjoying his new skin quite a bit. :) I really do like the green, and he's taken to it quite nicely. It feels good to have something that I'm happy with!

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Ahahah, awww. Awesome. :D I love the scorpy drawing and stories. Madexxes have their own personality, they really do. And I think I'd be careful with scorpions unless you had a -very- sturdy tank with a solid lid. A cousin's scorpion met a tragic end when it got loose and ran into the cousin's phobic girlfriend. Her shoe ran into it about 50 times (SQUISH). No one's fault - a phobia is a phobia, you can't really help that.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Dubhsidhe
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Dubhsidhe »

Scorpion = instant Dubh freak out.

But your picture looks like a facehugger >>;

Last time I saw a scorpion I screamed like a 4 year old and threw a phonebook on it after I ran across the room.

I live in Ohio, WTH is a scorpion here?!