WHY???? Q.Q (edit: GOT HIM)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: WHY???? Q.Q (edit: GOT HIM)

Unread post by Azunara »

But that's not logic I get. So, you won't kill then tame another hunter's rare. But you'll kill anyone else and tame. What if you're after Loque, and some pally gets there first. You'll kill the pally, then tame Loque. Yay! You have a pet!

Five days later, you realize you don't like Loque and abandon it.

Now, from the pally's eyes, Loque was the last pet they needed for Frostbitten. Just one more. And you killed them for a rare you end up abandoning, when they could've have a stupidly hard acheivement that would stay with them forever.

In this case, what if they wanted the item for a RP set? Now they have to camp Skoll all over again.

I'm hoping the lock will too. And who knows. Maybe it is some mature person, no matter the age, and will be totally cool.

I'm...also being really strong about this, so maybe I should just shut up about the whole thing, too.

I think it boils down to, I have no idea where the line is safely drawn between, "I'm mean!" and "I'm not mean!"
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I specified that in my post. ^^ To repeat: I feel there is a difference between achievement tamable and non-achievement tamable. Skoll drops nothing of value to an RP set (to my memory) and the chances that the lock was killing it for an RP set item is incredibly incredibly slim lol. 99.99% chance they were either killing it because it was a rare, or perhaps they were TLPD camping and were killing it to knock off another rare for the spawn cap theory.

Yeah, it seems to be a touchy subject, but I don't feel my personal beliefs are unreasonable in that matter and I think most of us here give much more consideration to the matter than pretty much the rest of the WoW community. Lock's probably forgotten about it by now.

Edit: To clarify, again; yes, I'm being stereotypically adamant about this warlock being a kid brat. P: I really didn't expect to have to PC apart my post when I wrote it. < 3 I fail to see how this is seriously such a big issue ;-; I didn't even do it I just posted a reply arrghghg *flaildie*

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Pawtrack wrote:
Comett wrote:It's nice of you to apologise, but just keep in mind that the Warlock is probably a 13yo boy who is of the belief of "opposite faction are scum" and will go off at you. Alternatively they might be really nice and not mind (but trying to kill you afterwards doesn't lead me to that impression lol).

In perfect honesty - if I were on a PVP realm, and someone was killing a tamable that I'd been tracking for a long while, yeah, I'd do everything in my power to interrupt the kill. Tame? Not at all, if a Hordie was taming I'd cheer and let them go ahead - because I personally see more value on a beast getting tamed as a beast getting killed. If it was an achievement rare I'd probably ask to either share the achieve kill or if I really wanted it, try and pay them out. But as far as I think, non-achieve rare, no-good-loot kill, hunter pet wins over dead pixels :)
Yeah, I'm hoping the warlock will accept my apology. And yeah, killing a rare is one thing, taming it is another... would never kill someone taming a rare. That's just evil.

Pfft apologize in some random mail message from a level 1 toon. thats enough. They're on a PVP realm, you're on a PVP realm.. People fight over things in PVP realms. Thats the jist of it.

I didnt like that so I went to a PVE realm after a couple years. Same thing happens if you accidently leave your PVP flag on etc. Part of the game.

For those dissenters who think Paw was in the wrong, I'll be cliché here but

Dont hate the player, hate the game
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Azunara wrote:But that's not logic I get. So, you won't kill then tame another hunter's rare. But you'll kill anyone else and tame. What if you're after Loque, and some pally gets there first. You'll kill the pally, then tame Loque. Yay! You have a pet!

Five days later, you realize you don't like Loque and abandon it.

Now, from the pally's eyes, Loque was the last pet they needed for Frostbitten. Just one more. And you killed them for a rare you end up abandoning, when they could've have a stupidly hard acheivement that would stay with them forever.

In this case, what if they wanted the item for a RP set? Now they have to camp Skoll all over again.
Now, a good point about loque, but he is an acheivement rare, and skoll is not. And I had never seen the warlock before, so i doubt she was camping him. I could be wrong, and if so I am very sorry for the lock. Interesting discussion, try and keep it nice, though (not trying to point fingers, I just wouldn't like to have this thread locked). Should there be another thread for the discussion of what is fair and not fair on PvP and PvE realms alike?

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with Azunara, and leave it at that. Good thing that Cenarion Circle isn't a PvP server; I'd hate to get in a squabble with her over something in the game.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Cialbi wrote:I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with Azunara, and leave it at that. Good thing that Cenarion Circle isn't a PvP server; I'd hate to get in a squabble with her over something in the game.
I'd beat you in a fight, paws down. :)

Nah, I lack PvP gear or skill. You'd probably trump me.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

The only thing Skoll drops is I -think- a dagger that doesn't have a unique set, so the odds of it being for an RP set are pretty low (Especially on a pvp server). Skoll's also not for an achievement, so I wouldn't pick on the OP too much for killing the warlock and taming it. Odds are pretty good if the warlock came upon them taming it, they'd kill Skoll and the OP.

So yeah, I'm gonna just disagree on much sympathy for the lock but I'm grumpy because it took me over a year to get Skoll and that includes dealing with the fact an ex-guildmate liked to farm him for the blue despite knowing I'd been looking, Mr. LOL 7 SKOLL KILLS paladin and other fun times.

Edit: And yes, far too many hours in Storm Peaks has done terrible, terrible things to me. That said, I have helped peeps get their rare achieves (A DK was excited when I called him over to an Outlands rare. :3 It was his first rare! I let him take the blue).
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Novikova wrote: So yeah, I'm gonna just disagree on much sympathy for the lock but I'm grumpy because it took me over a year to get Skoll and that includes dealing with the fact an ex-guildmate liked to farm him for the blue despite knowing I'd been looking, Mr. LOL 7 SKOLL KILLS paladin and other fun times..
Arg, that sucks. Hopefully he'll get what he gave, some day or another.

Still no response from the lock. :| Hmmmm....

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

First off. Grats on your tame :)

Secondly, Don't fret too much about killing the lock for your pet. It's a PvP realm right? Well that's what that whole realm is based on, the idea that no matter what, you are not friends with the opposite faction. Sure, you may meet a nice 'enemy', but chances are you are bound to come across someone with the mentality of "if it's red, it's dead".

Heck, even on PvE realms, "All's fair when flagged for war". If you're flagged, and killing a rare spawn I want. Chances are, I'd probably kill you too. It's just the name of the game. The only thing that lock would've gotten (if she wasn't already exp capped) was an EXP boost and a blue weapon. That's all.

Also, another thing to remember is that it's really only the Hunter class that seems to have some self-imposed etiquette about taming pets (regardless of the realm). We value the taming of pets almost as if its another piece of gear dropping from a boss XD But other classes don't have an outlet even similar to hunter pets, so the value of that rare spawn is completely lost on them. So I really wouldn't worry if the lock never responds X3 They may just be wondering why they met the world's nicest/most apologetic Hordie on a PvP realm.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Also, even if she wants the dagger, it may not sell well/be of use too long. Cata gear tends to replace it somewhat quickly.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I agree completely with Rikaku and Novi.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Azunara wrote:I'm gonna go against the grain here.

It may be I'm on a RP server. Maybe I'm not a religious, die hard, cultisty hunter. Maybe I'm in the wrong.

But in my belief, I think you should apologize, because in my eyes, that's not right. I am a believer in first come first serve. The warlock was there first, and she had every right to do what she wanted with the rare. It still drops things. It may be small and worthless, but she still got there first. And you went in, killed her, tamed the rare.

Maybe it's not a serious offense to you. In fact, I think a lot of people will say I'm wrong, and you were every inch in the right. But frankly, I think that was mean to that warlock. In my eyes, you're like that dwarf that once killed my King Krush underneath me. I had it tagged, he would've gotten nothing out of it. And he went, "Lol. I are mad I don't get it, killing tiem!" and he went and killed it.

So yeah. I think you should apologize.

But, grats. Carry on. Enjoy your Skoll.
Hi there, I'm new to the forums (clearly) and I'm more than likely going to start off on the wrong foot here at forums.wow-petopia.com in wholeheartedly disagreeing with all of this. The Lock rolled on a PvP server and World PvP happened. It's the nature of the beast. I don't even follow the "Hunter's Code" on my server because it's a PvP server....I killed an NE Hunter who was taming Sambas and then tamed Sambas on the corpse of the NE. I was camping for 7 hours strait with Track Humanoids up to see if anyone else was around, the Hunter wasn't ever in my Minimap. No way in hell am I going to let that 7 hours go to waste because I was at Spawnpoint A when Sambas spawned at Spawnpoint C.

That Hunter proceeded to create a Horde ALT to: "YOU F-CKIN SON OF A B-TCH AINT GOT NOO LIFE, I BET UR EITHER 12 OR 50+ GETTIN' UR JOLLIES OFF AT THAT SH-T HUH!?!" I replied with "lol wat, I'm 13." Conversation ended there, I made it clear that I didn't care. If he wanted sovereign territory on "Contested Territory" he should have rolled on a PvE server.

Pawtrack was totally in the right for claiming what she wanted, Darwin is named DarWIN for a reason. Survival of the Fittest WINS. In this case, Pawtrack did. The fact she even did the /sorry emote speaks miles for her gentle character (again, completely new here...I don't know anybody, basing that on pure assumption)

Anyrate, Petopia is practically my Homepage and I've found it to be a great source of information regarding the collections of many rare pets. My goal with this 3rd post isn't to make any enemies, but to just get out there and start chatting. What better way than with a debate eh?

Fake Edit: (looks at date of post) Eep, 5 days old.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Actually, Darwin just happened to be the name of the guy. *sunglasses*
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Ziarre wrote:Actually, Darwin just happened to be the name of the guy. *sunglasses*

YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Alright, update:

Finally got a reply from the lock, and she was quite nice! I sent her the rest of the money I made and deleted the character. Anyway, I'm very happy she accepted the apology.

:hug:

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yay! Happy story with even happier ending now. :D
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I feel your pain bro, I camped Skoll for about a week (He was killed infront of me while I was taking a shower :( ) then EARLY EARLY in the morning I got him. So yea man people can be annoying. It aint your fault that you killed the warlock its his fault for joining a PVP Server and attacking a camped Rare Spawn.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark