Show off your 4.2 tames!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Re: Show off your 4.2 tames!

Unread post by bluddy »

as soon as i can find them i'll get me picturs of deth'tilak, rehomed, kirix and skarr!
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

I'm soooo excited to be able to post in this thread now!

After several days of camping off and on (nothing too stressful, but all disappointing) Ban'thalos has joined my alliance Huntress' side!

And I tell ya, it was Fate. Yes, yes it was. Because of two things.

I wasn't even supposed to be awake right now (it was around 4am that I tamed him). I've been sick the last two weeks, and I woke up due to discomfort, and thought oh, what the hell...

So I log on, and the skies are clear. I sigh and set about my Firelands dailies, since I'm already awake and right there. No sign of hide nor whisker of the spirit kitties either.

I head into the Firelands portal and remember the Dante post here on the forums.. so I make my way over and tame the little guy. Gosh, you guys are right, he's just soooo adorable and precious! He helped me with the rest of my dailies, tanking like a champ and waving his claws about in victory when we were done. I decided to show him a whole new world and bring him back to Mt. Hyjal, to sit with me on top of Ban'thalos' special tree and log out there.

And when I fly back, lo and behold, Ban'thalos IS THERE. WAITING FOR MEEEEEE. Best still, no other hunters in sight!

I'm not sure what I'm going to name this beautiful owl, but I did want to say this; to any doubters out there (and I was one of them just a few days ago), this spirit beast is 100% more beautiful in person than in screenshots.

Thank you, Dante and my wonderful Horde Petopians guild for posting about him! <3 <3

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

Server first Kirix

Server 12345 on Ankha :P

I can't fookin believe my luck today!
Tamed ban'thalos at 14:45 just now.
Named him Varys after the Eunich in GoT.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Orrik
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Orrik »

(Don't have any SS's of taming my pets, I was too busy panicing that they would be killed in front of me ><)

The whole first and second day after the patch, I sat my hunter up in the tree next to the shrine to try and camp for Banny. Then when I learned about the reset bug, I quickly got my 20 marks and went to check on Deth and sure enough he was there. After a few heart racing minutes, he was mine and server first!

After that, I went back to camping in my tree. After about 12 hours (with a few hours of breaks in between) npcscan went off for my Ban'thalos and luckily there was no one nearby to try and interupt the tame.

Then I set my eyes on Ankha. All the while I was camping for the beauty, people would run out of the molten front with their rare pets and give me a heart attack when npcscan picked them up T_T. After almost a full day of camping, I started thinking about how dissapointing it would be to get Magria to spawn instead of Ankha. But then at 16 hours into my camp, Ankha finally showed up! I took off all my gear in my equipment manager and started to tame, but realised that Gio was still out. He proceeded to get one shot by Ankha and died, so I had to FD, revive him, dismiss him and then start taming again. I started to panic that other hunters near the Molten Front portal would spot him and try to take him in the time it took me to finally dismiss Gio and start taming. After a few heart pounding seconds, he was mine!

I wish all the other hunters trying to tame the new pets the best of luck finding them and having their tames go uninterupted.
Isjaki
Realm: Eu-Teldrassil

Unread post by Isjaki »

all those spirit beasts and colorful spiders.... so... here's my new "super shiny one" :D

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

While running up the flame hill in the Molten Front and dying, as a ghost I saw Kirix. I jumped for joy and ressed and ran after it only to find that someone had got there first. And not just someone, but someone I know and talk to often. (Not really 'friends', but we talk sometimes while sitting around in Orgrimmar.) So I would've felt terrible for trying to grab Kirix off him, so instead I helped him tame it by keeping Alliance people away. There was another hunter coming after it and we didn't trust him at all, so me and a few other friends he'd already got there killed him while he tamed.

Now we're still in the very same party with another friend of his in the group camping Skarr and me camping Ankha. At least this way, if one spawns, we can know about it. :)

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Eeeeeeeeee!!!!

No pics, but I have a success story!

Solix was up, so I rushed over to visit. There was a goblin warlock eyeing him. He made some gestures regarding Solix that I took to mean "all yours." I replied by pulling out Arachne and emoting /map to try and indicate that I was hunting for someone to tame him. The lock took off after a couple of minutes as a friend of mine logged in and I told her to get her butt over to Solix. As she was kiting, the lock returned with an owl in tow. They killed both of us, but Solix made VERY quick work of them. We started our next tame attempt, this time kiting left instead of right. I was doing my normal thing with traps and slows when the owl spawned. I threw every interrupt I had on him as my friend kited Solix and the treants across traps. The owl went down and I turned on the lock, who couldn't get past me at half health to reach my friend/Solix, so as he ran away, Solix was tamed! :D EPIC! I killed the owl again after he resed (and after I stopped shaking from the intensity of the tame) and managed to pick off the lock later as he passed by Dante.

So, yeah, bad news that the griefers have entered the Front on my server, but man....lots of potentially exciting tames inc. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Just witnessed Deth'tilac killed because of selfish and greedy people.

I won't go through the whole story because it'll just make me angry all over again, but look back at my last post where I said I helped a 'friend' tame Kirix and I let him have it just because I'm nice and he was there first. Remember that? Forget it. That guy is an absolute asshole. I'm in the middle of combat with Deth'tilac when this guy and his also previously mentioned friend (Who already had Deth'tilac, and I wrote in the other post they were camping Skarr.) run over and try and take it from me. An Alliance hunter appears too with his druid friend who keeps knocking us all off the edge. In the end, what with a milion people dying here and there, Deth'tilac is eventually killed.

I WAS THERE FIRST. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE TRYING TO TAME SOMETHING, LET THEM DO IT, BECAUSE THEY GOT THERE FIRST!!!

I am so damn angry. I'm actually more angry that I helped a guy and then he later returns the favour by stabbing me in the back like that. Of course this motherless ogre is on my ignore list now.

"Shoo."
"I've been camping for hours."
"Kuraine is being greedy."

These are the things I saw in /say off this guy. I couldn't believe it. He WASN'T camping AT ALL. The place was empty when I got there. Jesus christ.

http://i.imgur.com/viCRN.jpg <-- There you go. Proof. Didn't wanna post the whole picture since it's huge and I'm not in the mood right now to resize it.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I helped a friend tame Deth'tilac, even though she wasn't the first one there...she was, however, the first one not to repeatedly die to him for 15-20 minutes (we gave the first one several attempts).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

And now for another post, with happier news! After Deth'tilac being killed in front of me I was still pretty unhappy, so when NPC Scan went off in the background while I watched YouTube videos I was shocked to see Ankha had just spawned in front of me. I really feel like I deserve her after what happened. <3

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Kuraine, I think so too! The girl's white as snow, very pretty against the dark regrowth. Congrats!

E: Grammar, Arit, grammar!
Last edited by Aritria on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

I saw Deth die today too :( headed into the molten front and use eagle eye to check his spawn point only to see him there and nearly dead. I run over and see 10 or so alliance killing him. Only hunter around was trying to stop them so they wernt trying to help a hunter tame him. After a minute the frost Mage kiting him stopped and died to Deth Strike, killing Deth in the process. I was really hoping the griefers wouldn't hit Scarlet Crusade but they have :(

Grats on getting Ankha Kuraine!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

So, no rares yet (Skarr, you beautiful Obsidian Jem of a Cat you, you will be mine!), but I have been able to finally tame a kitty from ZG, aptly called Lucy:

Lucy is a cat to accompany Mina, my Lynx from Eversong Woods. She was feeling quite lonely with Misery and Company (Loque and Gondria) in the Clan:

I guess I have Dracula on my mind, with those fangs of theirs! I also bucked up and finally got Arit a Saber Worg as well from Howling Fjord. Meet Lyall, everyone:

He's not much of a people person yet, but he's learning.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Just tamed Kirix! Please go and read the story behind it on my journal thread! (Shameless advertising ftw.)

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Finally got Ankha ^^ And I was alone when she spawned. I noticed she stood around for a few seconds before running. Now I only need Deth, eventually, and a green fire spider on Xiela, think I'll go for the common. All the pet camping since the patch has given me a killer headache.

Edit for pic:

Ok, so what the hell are they doing? xD I dismounted and mounted up again, and saw my mount "mounting" my Ankha.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I am so exhausted from this tame that I'm only posting now, heh. :)

Oh yes. It was Kirix. I could tell the tame was going to be amazingly fun when he spawned the moment my friend hearthed out of the zone and she had to run back.

A little background: this is the same person I'd helped tame Solix with the couple of horde attacking us/him, so she's certainly capable. The catch with Kirix was that she only had 110k hp. Ouch. Let's just say Kirix racked up quite the bodycount, which went up even faster once a ret pally guildie of my friend's turned up to help. The tames kept getting close, but not quite making it. I was angsting about a potential respec to BM for hysteria.

Suddenly, I remembered. I HAVE A SHAMAN. *facepalm* Yeah. It was 4 am and I've never been called on to use her to help with a tame before. SO SUE ME. Couple of attempts later, tamed Kirix. <3

*collapses in a puddle*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Miyon wrote:Finally got Ankha ^^ And I was alone when she spawned. I noticed she stood around for a few seconds before running. Now I only need Deth, eventually, and a green fire spider on Xiela, think I'll go for the common. All the pet camping since the patch has given me a killer headache.

Edit for pic:

Ok, so what the hell are they doing? xD I dismounted and mounted up again, and saw my mount "mounting" my Ankha.
OMG BAD!

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

So, after a rough start the first day in the molten front, I have already gotten the 4 pets I wanted :D

The first day, after deth was stolen from me, I returned 6 hours later and started to camp her spawn point... Two hours later, while on my third Futurama episode, NPC scan goes off! Deth gets tamed.

The second day, I ask in hyjal if someone has seen the spirit beasts, no answer, so I sit down my hunter between their two spawn points and wait again. About an hour later Magria spawns! I get naked and tame.

Yesterday, I was bored so I just was kinda like ''meh just in case i will check'', NPC scan goes off with Ankha! after a rough start (had forgotten to dismiss my pet) I tame him too.

And today, as I was heading to do my dailys on my main, I see Ban'thalos flying above! I log on hunter quickly as hell and head out to tame him. A couple mishaps and what not, I finally manage to pull a good timing with parachute and deterrance and freezing trap and tame him! There where a bit of horde hunters around there, but none interfered, save a night elf druid who tried to kill it (and was killed).
At around my third attempt some guildies from main's guild arrive to give me backup in case of pvp. And at my fifth attempt I get him.

So, one rare per day, not that bad IMO. And the goblin hunter who stole deth is KoS among allies for stealing and killing the rares now. : D
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

I totally failed at getting this guy. If it wasn't for my boyfriend I wouldn't have it. I kept falling through the air and dying like a moron. Luckily he's a priest and can get down safely, so he tagged Ban'thalos for me and I attempted to trap him... which also failed. But after Ban'thalos moonfire'd my boyfriend to death (Oops. ^^) he stopped doing that ability for a while and I managed to get a tame in just in time. I love that man. (Boyfriend that is... Yes Ban I love you too.)

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I took some Dante screenshots :-) but Ankha is still to be screenshotted, she had to stay in the stable for my trusty corehound to help people with the Kirix tame:

Edit: And here's the lovely Ankha too

I have Magria too, but we don't click. My taming stories aren't as interesting as some of the others, but all in all I'm having a blast in this big hunter playground called Molten Front! I met lots of other hunters from both sides, and usually we help each other out.