Banny's Demise

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Dahniz
Realm: Staghelm

Banny's Demise

Unread post by Dahniz »

I was on my rogue doing the molten front opening quests (missed soft reset damnit) and heard in gen a hunter saying he needed a healer, he'd found a rare bird. Banny of course. Since this guy had called him I resisted the urge to hop on hunter and go for it. Instead I flew over to observe his technique.

So I saw a DK agro Banny and fall to his death where the hunter was waiting to tame. Then it got ugly. Other hunters of both factions arrived with their friends in tow and stole agro from the tamer and Banny soared back into the sky. Then a priest tried with lev and shield and when Banny got to the ground, someone shot him, the it was like everyone opened fire, trying to get agro I guess.

It was a horde paladin by all reports who struck the fatal blow, and I saw Banny crumple Beside the shrine.

After witnessing this really disgusting event, I've decided I'm not going to bother trying to tame him. If we really do have a dev hanging around here, do everyone a favor and please cut Banny's leash? At least folks might have a chance finding him in some seclusion rather than at a major quest hub. I can only imagine what it's like on a packed server.

So out of the ten pets I only want Skarr now.
KutiePi

Re: Banny's Demise

Unread post by KutiePi »

=( It's such a shame that this is such a common thing to happen to these poor pets. Please don't let terrible people stop you from taming/falling in love with these beautiful creatures. Think of it as you saving them from the same fate again. =( Hope Skarr goes well for you.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Banny's Demise

Unread post by Shade »

That is a shame-but don't let it get you down. I had one other hunter and about five of different classes trying to take/kill Banny when he spawned in front of me. I managed to get him, thankfully the other hunter had no idea what they were doing and the druid who kept trying to kill while I tamed lagged or froze up while I finally did tame-standing right on the tree with the dumb druid. :P

Don't give up. Not many people know how to tame Banny-and if you try in the early morning hours there are usually less people around. My server is bad enough that it was so crowded in the area on patch day I could not move at all without my screen freezing in Hyjal-but things will calm down soon enough and you can get your birdie.