My oddest tame to date.

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

My oddest tame to date.

Unread post by Syriana »

As there are now 9 spirit beasts, I've crossed the line where taming them all is an enjoyable challege. Especially when three are the same cat with a different body color. While I have too many memories to part with any of my original four, Ghostcrawler was released to reign terror on anyone who bothers him in the water. I just can't stand to have so many stable slots filled with pets I hardly use. After seeing Ban'Thalos as a pet and in the wild, I appreciate how lovely this beast is. I just can't stand having flapping birds next to me, no matter how gorgeous they are, so I will let that beauty go to those more appreciative. Later on after the rush, I will try my hand at taming him if only for the unique challenge it is.

Magria and Ankha caught my interest though. I wanted to see them both in game be it the PTR or live to get a good look at how they appear. Pictures can't do them justice no matter how high the graphic settings. They always look better standing in front of you. I've had no luck until last night. An ally had Ankha out as a pet. While a pretty cat, the colors appealed to me in no way. I thought she/he would be more vibrant. Magria I had yet to see until this morning. Truth be told, I prefer blue and Magria was the only one I could think of a name for, out of all 4 I had interest in taming.

Let me say, that my hunter spends far too much time standing around as a sandstone drake to hide the fact that she's buck naked. Not wanting to screw up anything should I suddenly face either cat, I just wait at the base of the mountain by the portal with my gear in my bags. Well, apparently in my case to get this creature to spawn I also had to have my gear put away. I found the parrallel amusing. I woke up early this morning so I logged into the game to camp between returning to bed to doze. I was over by Skarr and Karken out of curiousity primarily. I had an accident exploring last night and found I rezzed in that area. I didn't get to this area on the PTR so I was my first time seeing it all. Before I left for my shower this morning, I stepped into hyjal and did a look to see what was happening and took my usual place.

When I returned I took a glance at my screen expecting the usual nothing. My eyes probably bulged out a bit as I saw the npcscan and silver dragon alerts up for Magria. None of the new rares are in my silverdragon so it had to be set of by the actual spawn and not a pet. I refreshed my chat to see the npcscan time stamp. It said 06:02. The time was currently 06:10. I was hoping, but not expecting to still see anything after 8 minutes. Flying away, I did hit on a target and circled back fast to find her attacking bugs. So while wearing exactly what my hunter was wearing (if you equate a towel to a tabbard and shirt), I engaged this lovely cat and the tame went without a hitch. I had very little time after that to get ready and leave for work, so I named my lovely new pet and logged out. Later at work while I was thinking about it all, I laughed at the links I found between the events of finding and taming this pet and her name that I chose previously. She is called Merbleu, for her lovely crystal blue appearance. Little did I know when I thought of this name there would be a far greater link between the water, the trick to taming this pet and not getting killed, and myself. rofl!

Now the only addition I really want is Deth'tilac. The others I may acquire if I come upon them and no one else is there. I do so enjoy the challenges. Last night before I died and ended up in the Flame Pillar area, I popped by Deth's spawn area. There were 4 hunters standing around! I laughed and left a note to him that I'll be back in a few weeks after so many people are done harassing him. My love of purple and blue aren't worth that mess. :P Plus, I've been paired up with the pet that I was meant to, and she will give my Loqi a well earned rest.

To all those still waiting, may your new companions find you soon. :)

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: My oddest tame to date.

Unread post by Kalliope »

The concept of double mostly-nude hunter taming amuses me greatly! :lol: Congrats!!! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vignax
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by Vignax »

Her color is lovely isnt it? congratulations :)

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Beautiful cat, grats on your new tame. I'm glad you found a 4.2 rare that you really click with. :)

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Syriana »

Thanks! :D