Probably another "finally i got Skarr as well" thread!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Jaira
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Probably another "finally i got Skarr as well" thread!

Unread post by Jaira »

Long time lurker here, sharing my taming stories from this patch 4.2!

While doing dailies wednesday like everyone else, i thought it was odd for us to only be able to get 12 marks.
Some people also said they were already having 16, so being free the next day and pvp'ing on my shaman i noticed at 3'am i could do more dailies. So i hopped over to my hunter to check on Defias and there i saw i could do them as well.

After i did them i went to bed, not thinking much about it anyway thinking everyone got 16!
next morning i was reading i had witnessed the soft daily reset and i'm ahead of most people.
Jumped online to do the fresh ones to get myself 20 marks and jump into the molten front.
once there around 11 am i set like 2 steps and had my npcscan already going nuts.
Heartbeat starts racing u know the drill i check to see wich it is and its none other then Deth'Tilac.
Petopia site still open on my 2nd screen i check for the right strat, heck that scares the shit out of u luckily i had a spider with me begin to kite him then half way he goes evade and reset.. grrrrr
2nd time i get him even lower and he goes evade again i'm like no soon there will be people or something still nervous as hell.
3rd time i finally pull it off and what a beauty it is, i set a few steps and i suddenly notice this dwarven hunter.
he congratulates me and damn what was i happy.. he mounts up heading to next spot.
I'm still unaware of how the zone works go in the other direction.. a bit later bam anthriss is there
again quite nervous but less since he wasnt on my top list!

Dwarf shows up again and decides to help me, succesfully tame it. Later after i met him couple of more times waving and greeting, There was an nelf hunter logging out and coming to talk. So after some swapping factions and talking bits, the dwarf apparently just tamed kirix right after we split our ways.
So i had to wait for his respawn but other then friendly hunters and scouting people it was fairly peacefull
Later that day i found the gem crab, and i started counting and hoping i could get an skarr spawn before work, but nothing!

Back from work i kept checking in for every xx.15 seeing the crab spawned right before me, but apparently the nelf hunter caught skarr.

Next morning i set my campsite up no skarr yet its quite peacefull still while ppl could all enter now. Then suddenly npc scan goes off again and i see kirix
damn he was nasty to tame he got me killed 3 times, first time i tried it as mm stupid mistake!
2nd time i cast hysteria and its 1sec before i got him he stunned me and i died again!
3rd time i start searching my bags (while waiting for hysteria to come back from cd) to see if i got a bit more haste gear, was able to actually get 1,5% more from it hit tame with hysteria and detterence again and it pulled off.. made me such a happy hunter.
Really like Kirixx,

So now it was still morning and slowly started to get more crowded, kept checking on and off for skarr heard a dwarf caught karkin, so swapped to alliance to talk a bit befriended each other as he was after kirix now shared my story how to pull it off (he got him as well now :) ),
Most alliance and horde hunters were all good sport hearing stories of unlucky tames that day, reading taming stories while camping as well noticed a long time hunter from defias on this site actually ran behind me once.
Later that day alliance gained two griefing hunters killing hordies to get the spots for themself.

I went to bed early still being slightly tired from the staying up late on wednesday, so i set my alarm at 2.50 am to check if the soft daily reset was still possible. Unfortanetly that wasnt the case. So went back to camping for Skarr since he was the only one left from molten front i really wanted. while eagle eyeing to check if there were other rare's up i saw deth'tilac with a nelf hunter (tamed him on friday morning apparently) so rushed there ended up talking, and she wanted to know where to find kirix i showed her the spot and kinda explained where it runs we end up dancing and useless stuff while being bored waiting.. server suddenly says it will be restarting damn..

This morning around 8 she is still camping kirixx and i was at skarr i suddenly see her rushing somewhere i think noooo what the heck. She failed taming skarr then a dwarf pops up im still thinking i need to be fast there. Of course i had to get the bug that i already had a pet and couldn't tame it! someone is talking to me on whisper, i still don't realise what he wants from me its the dwarf i befriended but me thinking it was someone else he asked if i wanted skarr i said something like the nelf hunter was taming him so i couldn't he pulled it off on 2nd try but he was so confused he thought i was giving it to the nelf hunter and then he rather had it himself, i failed at saying i wanted it i made him feel really bad because i said i was camping it for so long.
Told him it was a fair game and i wasnt mad at him he offered to help, :o brb skitter is up he whispers me now lawl gonna watch there ^^ backziez, i ended up helping him just feared him when he tamed!! then we checked for deth he wasnt up but solix popped up just when i watched in the cave he got him now as well with a bit of help on ice traps!! So for the ones on defias eu solix and skitterflame were both tamed by a dorf at 13.10 and 13.15.

U might wonder now why would i do that, while i finally got my skarr 3 hours after that failed attempt!
after his possible 2hour spawn i went to do some stuff, and making breakfast i came back around 11.06 i was checking where he could be i noticed one of the griefers corpse on the lower island ledge.. checked combat log and apparently i've had a hunters mark. Remembering yesterday one minute later he respawned climbing up on the elevator rocks i opened fire he goes crazy and falls down gnagnagna serves him wel 1 minute later baam npcscan heartbeat racing again like always ^^
and an easy tame follows once i found him!! so happy right now

So good luck to all the non griefer hunters out there and the helpfull people!
I'm one happy hunter right now!

ps. Might make some screenies later from my collection!

pps. Ankha just went off but it was a dud! scared the hell out of me again haha

ppps. might go check on for banny or the kittens but not really after em..

pppps. just coz i like these :Ppppp

Signed Jaira!

Oow almost forgot the most important part that keeps u going!
An thank you to the other nice hunters i met (not the griefing ones.. grrr) they keep u going and company now and then!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Re: Probably another "finally i got Skarr as well" thread!

Unread post by Kuraine »

And now I've scared you with Magria as well, haha. :P

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Re: Probably another "finally i got Skarr as well" thread!

Unread post by Ikult »

It's always so wonderful to read about other friendly people- especially other kind hunters, who have an even greater potential for griefing than other classes. Thank you for sharing your stories!