Have you helped?

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Have you helped?

Unread post by Jelani »

Just curious how many people are being the nice hunters you are and helping people with their tames?

I have pulled Ban down for someone. (when distracting shot still worked, she couldnt get into the tree and I could)
Helped keep Solix slowed a few times.
Offered a haste buff for Kirix.
Showed people where to sit for Anth.
My fave is Deth...I have helped 7 people get him now :) 3 were alliance (i'm horde)

People seem genuinely shocked when I help them out. Which makes me feel both good and bad. Bad, because it means they have experienced the nastiness this patch has brought out in some people. Good, because i actually enjoy helping people. I love the feeling of seeing someone standing there with a pet they didnt think they would get and that they wanted so bad.

How about you guys?

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Re: Have you helped?

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

I helped a friend get Kirix, Deth and attempted to help her on Solix (But his energy bar KEPT going down when he wasn't in the traps, is that meant to happen? >_>).

Helped another friend get Skitterflame

Tried to help another get Kirix (Haste buffs), but sadly he kept mucking the tame up.

And that is about it.

Though, it should be noted, I knew NONE of these people before 4.2 hit. :P

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

I helped as many persons as i could with information about tame/kill times i knew. both allies and horde alike. I helped a stranger get kirix + try to get a friend skitterflame but in the end it died :(
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Frequently, and regardless of faction. :) I've helped with about a dozen Deth'tilac tames as well as three Solix tames by sacrificing and kiting for the hunter taming and COUNTLESS times by explaining strats to people, sharing buff items and sitting with them while they camp, keeping them company. I even got a group of helpful hunters going by starting up a Petopians channel where we can all share spawn timers and assistance. It's been tons of fun, despite the occasional horror.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by Nimae »

Like everyone else who's posted here, I get a kick out of helping fellow rare hunters get their pets! Just a quick tally for my own benefit...I've helped both RL friends, in-game friends, and strangers from both factions get: Loque'nahak (x3); Gondria (x3); Arcturis (x2); Deathmaw; Aotona; Deth'tilac (x3); Anthriss; Skoll (x4); Lone Hunter (x2); Old Cliff Jumper (x2); Ghostcrawler; Karoma (x2); Sambas (x2); and Olm (x2). "Help" in each case ranges from just spotting a rare and finding a home, to jumping in and assisting with the tame (e.g., Deth'tilac). It fosters good will, happy hunters, and now I have a nice network of rare hunters who have helped return the favor. Part of what makes this MMO so fun for me.

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ive helped a few people get solix, skitterflame, kirix, Anthriss and Deth. Giving strats slows/stuns/haste stuff.

Oh and yes once solix hits 48% he loses his energy over time even without any slows.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Evolet
Realm: Blood Furnace

Unread post by Evolet »

I've helped a person get Deth and a person get Skarr, then I explained to someone how to tame Kirix although he wasn't up yet.

The Deth tame was someone of the Horde persuasion and at first they misunderstood and thought I was trying to steal the tame! I took a time-out, charaded that I was helping, and we proceeded to get the spider down to the health level required and he successfully tamed. The best part - he named the spider after me! :D

The extraordinary is in what we do - not who we are.

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

Yay! Good to know there are others who enjoy helping :)

restores my faith in the hunter community.

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

I've helped somebody tame King Krush, Loque'nahak, and almost Skoll (somebody broke in and stole him midtame -.-). Oh, and the Strider Clutchmother, and Olm the Wise x2. :mrgreen:
I think that's it...
Last edited by Litlemouse on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Hmm, while sitting (and sitting, and sitting) for Ankha, I am personally helped rehome a pair of Magria's, taken names of hunters so that if I was there when ANOTHER one spawned (I'm the blue kitty magnet LOL) I can yell to them if they're logged in, told how long since last spawn, reminded folks to take their armor off...

I figure yes, I really REALLY want Ankha... but others really REALLY want their pet too... why not let's try to be civil about it?
Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Phaul578 »

I did, helped a lot but now when two other hunters I helped get Skarr for while they "agreed" to get Karkin for me, they had one of their hunter buddies on Horde side come up and gank me mid-tame. So now I vow to kill ALL hunter pets I see with my fellow friends if I see anyone trying to tame them that stabbed me in the back. Other hunters, no problem but if they wear the guild tags that these jagaloons wear, their pets are toast.
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

I've done nothing but help this week. :)
I'm even holding taming classes for my hunters in my guild this week. ^^

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Tried to help. Lost Skarr to folks with multiple Skarrs. I r fail. :( But otherwise I help with roots and good wishes.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Ive helped a 2 guildies get Kirix, shown 7 people where to sit for Anny, helped 1 guildie get Ban, helped 1 guildie get Mag, made a horde to explain to 3 different horde how to tame solix and kirix after I watched them fail for a while and saw ally making a group to kill the rare. Helped a horde grab skitter after showing them how to do it and last night I helped a horde get karkin after stopping an ally from killing him.
Im being strangely nice to the horde on my server when it comes to these rares lol.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've told many hunters the disengage trick to Kirix and have helped a hunter tame Solix and Anthriss.. Helped 2 hunters get Ankha.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I've helped two or three people get Deth'tilac, by rooting & frosting her for them or giving a rough spawn timer (she seems to like 12-ish).
I've helped someone get Solix (after he ate my face a few times), and attempted to help another but another hunter & mage took aggro and kited him to death.
I've helped someone get Anthriss by tipping them off to burning off the webs.
I've attempted to help someone get Kirix, but the same hunter that killed Solix tamed him (again, she'd been tripping NPCScans with him earlier in the day).
I've helped someone get Karkin by blowing Hysteria.
I've helped someone get Ankha after then-quiet general burst into 'WTF this white ghost cat one-shotted me!' 'Don't kill it, it'll kill you...' 'Yeah it one-shotted me too.'
I've helped someone get Ban'thalos by warning would-be attackers off while he made his attempts.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Most recently is less of what I did and more what I didn't do.

Every day, I like to wander to see if the rares are up. I have a policy where I try to rehome before I do anything else to it. The other day, I see a hordie by Deth's spawn spot with a little yellow spider, and I understand they're going to go for him. First day, I saunter up, and they target me. I know what they're thinking. "Shi-it's another griefer." What do I do?

/luck

They thank me, and I go on my way. The next day, I stop by, and they're still there with a friend. Another /luck, and they recognize me with a hello and their buddy greets me as well. I go off, switch to my hordie, and personally whisper them and wish them luck on their hunt. They thank me and tell me they appreciate it, and I go off back to Azu and continue my day.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Azunara wrote: /luck
^
I have the tendency to do this a lot myself. I'm quite nosy person, and a lot of the hunters I meet give me a glare at first for being close to the their camp spot, but /luck and /cheer usually seem to make them change their minds and realize that I'm not competition. :P If it's a hunter of the same faction, I'll always make sure to share any info of the taming process if asked, or spawn timers.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

erwil wrote:
Azunara wrote: /luck
^
I have the tendency to do this a lot myself. I'm quite nosy person, and a lot of the hunters I meet give me a glare at first for being close to the their camp spot, but /luck and /cheer usually seem to make them change their minds and realize that I'm not competition. :P If it's a hunter of the same faction, I'll always make sure to share any info of the taming process if asked, or spawn timers.

This. I have been running around just looking for rares and jsut announcing. Or jsut finding campers and chatting with them. Making sure they know the strats, or offering my advice of how I get them. :)

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Helped with Skitterflame, Solix and Deth'tilac, among others, a few different times. A couple times I actually did all of the kiting or trapping so that the other hunter could then tame--kind of hard to communicate intentions across faction but hey :lol:

I think that helping other hunters tame their pets is just as thrilling as doing it yourself!