I am soooo upset!!!!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: I am soooo upset!!!!

Unread post by Sarantha »

From what the GM inferred (he wouldn't give me exact details, I don't he's allowed to) there will be a hotfix to stop the taming of mobs already tagged unless the person is in your group. He also mentioned a bug about people being able to loot other mobs people have tagged if they get there first. I didn't even bring this up, the GM did, so they KNOW there's a whole lot of bugs in this patch (no spider pun intended).
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

They should put something in the game so that if your trying to tame the rare, and someone comes by and tries to kill it, that the rare would starting hitting the person like a mac truck. That would teach them to not mess with tames in progress real quick. They also make it unattackable during a tame, but I think that would be for more complicated to put into action.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

AdamSavage wrote:They should put something in the game so that if your trying to tame the rare, and someone comes by and tries to kill it, that the rare would starting hitting the person like a mac truck. That would teach them to not mess with tames in progress real quick. They also make it unattackable during a tame, but I think that would be for more complicated to put into action.
I think it would be a neat addition to make Tame Rares have massive amounts of damage while not under the effects of Tame Beast...

Edit: GOD DAMNIT!!!! ANOTHER FUCKING DETH'TILAC killed by those PIECE OF SHIT HORDE. I'm so fucking sick of these ass holes. I log in, eagle eye over, and see a fucking Tauren Druid finishing off a Deth spawn as a hunter just sits and /sobs... Literally. I hate this so much. Something has to be done about this... Particularly Deth, as the most sought after of the rares, at least on my server, it makes him an automatic DOUCHEBAG magnet, and I'm sick of all the drama...

That's 4 deaths now between me and Caaliin on Nordrassil US, that's enough for both of us, plus 2 lucky hunters to have one less camp to complete, and be that much happier, but these asshole 12 year olds don't know how the FUCK to behave civilly, and think it's cute to ruin peoples day. I just wish I could reach through the computer, and knock them clean in the fucking Jaw, they'd never be an ass again after my full 250 bench max cracks 'em one.

PS. Dear moderator, if you need to edit my language, or want me too, feel free to either PM me or edit it yourself, or even post here asking me to. I'm in a freaking tirade right now, so I'm a bit worked up, and that means nasty language on my part.
Last edited by Gimlion on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
AdamSavage

They will have to do something about this, It's making a huge uproar with angry Hunters. It's the first time we have had a bunch of rares in a small zone, full of people doing dailies. Not a good combination at all.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

we've all gone thru that sort of thing. i (horde hunter) got killed an allie mage and his hunter friend when i was in taming process on ban'thalos. my owl got ripped off my hands. days later, hunter friend , me and even an alliance hunter were taking turns trying to tame skarr, when a horde mage arrives and KILLS IT!!!! right infront of us, we hunters were like "WTF!", we were shocked, to make this shorter, allie hunter killed the mage, as my friend and I let allie kill mage, otherwise if we werent in same faction WE would of killed the mage. i was most upset as the mage was FROM MY OWN GUILD, a dam guildie, so i let him have it in guild chat, he claiming he DIDNT SEE ME.

this just happened bout 3 days ago from writing this sad story
:evil: :(
Splaticus
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf-US

Unread post by Splaticus »

Blizzard is making it seem like they love hunters by giving us all these new shinies, but really.... they have to hate us. Like they didn't think this was going to happen when they put them where they did? Yeah right.
Thanks to Kurenio for the texted ruin of lordaeron sig!
My hunter's stables:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15849171
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15979749
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

Just again tonight....I met someone (of the opposite faction) and we have been working to help each other. He found Solix, I went in to help, and after a few attempts I randomly got blasted into the lava. As I was working to get out, another hunter of HIS faction came in, stole the tame, and left without any sort of remorse. I am so frustrated as this player and I have been working great as a cross-faction team and he's very kind and considerate. These pets are really bringing out the worst in people, especially hunters WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER! We all have camped a rare and tried for a difficult tame before, why do people forget these hardships in their rush to grab something with a shiny dragon around its portrait?

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Guys, report the people. I told you in my post that THEY ARE EXPLOITING A BUG if they are killing something someone else is taming or trying to pull it off you or taming it themselves. I actually have GM confirmation. I wish I had taken a screenie.

So many alliance prickholes have killed Deth that I have sent in so many tickets that they finally gave me a helpful answer instead of just "that person will be actioned against". Seriously, if you see alliance pricks killing rares, report them. If they're gnomes and you can't see them due to height, use the combat log to know their name. It isn't that hard and according to the GM last night, IS an exploit and punishable.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
AdamSavage

Sarantha wrote:Guys, report the people. I told you in my post that THEY ARE EXPLOITING A BUG if they are killing something someone else is taming or trying to pull it off you or taming it themselves. I actually have GM confirmation. I wish I had taken a screenie.

So many alliance prickholes have killed Deth that I have sent in so many tickets that they finally gave me a helpful answer instead of just "that person will be actioned against". Seriously, if you see alliance pricks killing rares, report them. If they're gnomes and you can't see them due to height, use the combat log to know their name. It isn't that hard and according to the GM last night, IS an exploit and punishable.
Download a add on called Wim. It keeps a chat logg of your messages.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... wim-3.aspx

Dr. Who Video!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Sarantha wrote:Guys, report the people. I told you in my post that THEY ARE EXPLOITING A BUG if they are killing something someone else is taming or trying to pull it off you or taming it themselves. I actually have GM confirmation. I wish I had taken a screenie.
Pardon my ignorance, but HOW exactly is killing a Hunter's tame-to-be "exploiting" a bug? This act is no stranger to a rare seeking Hunter and has been happening to us since Vanilla. Gripes about a-holes making it hell for us aside, reporting is a good thing, but advising others so put in falsified reports is so very, very wrong, no matter what they did to you.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

I was helping a fellow hunter tame Deth, doing a sort of ping pong between our pets. Then this paladin, mage, and death knight, who I have reported at least 5 times already for griefing come in and /dance as they make Deth Deth Strike them to it's demise.

At least later the same hunter got Karkin, but still.

Blizz should reintroduce The Cleaner. But make him stronger.
Seriously.
Anyone not in your party trying to steal or kill? Say hello to The Cleaner.

Macha wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but HOW exactly is killing a Hunter's tame-to-be "exploiting" a bug? This act is no stranger to a rare seeking Hunter and has been happening to us since Vanilla. Gripes about a-holes making it hell for us aside, reporting is a good thing, but advising others so put in falsified reports is so very, very wrong, no matter what they did to you.
The bug would be the fact that Blizz implemented an anti-aggro hotfix for the new rares to prevent griefing, however roots is a work around for this, and as such, is exploiting a bug.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

This was the complete opposite of my GM chat.

I got Deth'tilac to about 80% before a horde hunder (I'm alliance) came and started hitting deth. Keep in mind, at the time I thought he was helping me. After all I had tagged him first.

Anyways, as time went on, he pulled aggro off of me, deth was at 20% and he tamed it. At the time I did not realize you could tame a mob that is not tagged to you. So I was quite shocked.

A Gm said that it is INTENDED that mobs can be tamed regardless if you tagged it or not. And that at the moment, it is staying that way. Nothing is being done to the player who stole it either. On top of that, I lost Solix and Skitter to people who killed him while I was kiting.

I thought this would be considered "Griefing" but apparently not and it is legit gameplay, no matter how unethical it is.

Nothing will be done to this unless there's a massively long post about it on the forums. The whole no one should be able to interrupt or tame a gray mob to them should be the way it is. But it's not.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Tsuki wrote:I was helping a fellow hunter tame Deth, doing a sort of ping pong between our pets. Then this paladin, mage, and death knight, who I have reported at least 5 times already for griefing come in and /dance as they make Deth Deth Strike them to it's demise.

Seriously.

Macha wrote:
The bug would be the fact that Blizz implemented an anti-aggro hotfix for the new rares to prevent griefing, however roots is a work around for this, and as such, is exploiting a bug.
This.

DK chains of ice also works. It sucks, and hurts many hunters hours long camps.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I like the cleaner idea. Or giving all the spiders nerfbats. They have 8 legs! That's 8 nerfbats right there. :D
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Tsuki wrote:I was helping a fellow hunter tame Deth, doing a sort of ping pong between our pets. Then this paladin, mage, and death knight, who I have reported at least 5 times already for griefing come in and /dance as they make Deth Deth Strike them to it's demise.

Seriously.

Macha wrote:
The hotfix was so that distracting shot and other insta aggro spells wouldn't work and become immune. Right? I don't know about the root thing, as I haven't seen it in action. Or does it go for the pet's web ability aswell? If so then I might actually have seen it.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

I think what happens is. Let's say you have the most aggro on Deth by far, so no worries you're thinking.

Another hunter comes up with a druid friend. Has him root Deth. Said hunter gets close enough to Deth and targets him because he's rooted in place. If a mob is rooted, it'll attack something close to it even without high threat.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

That sounds completely messed up, and I hope they do something about it. What I have experienced, is having my goblin hunter with 90k hp helping a hunter with 114k hp, difference in dps indeed, taking aggro almost instantly after starting to dps several seconds after the other hunter started. I used my spider, so it got webbed, but I have no idea why that happened.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605