Skoll . . .

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
yozban
Realm: Alexstrasza

Skoll . . .

Unread post by yozban »

It's not a month since they released patch 4.2 . I have all of new rares :headbang: except red , orange and yellow spiders , because I really didn't want to waste time for something that no one can even realize that they are rare , maybe hunters believe me that the orange one is rare but as it looks like a red one , most people think that's not rare when you run around with it so I leave that because I already have 2 green and purple spider and a stable full of rares . so I think I am not that bad at camping and taming and here is my pain story : :arrow:

I think it's almost 2 year . . . from skoll days ! I think I didn't sleep for that think for more than 20 days or so till I give up for being serious for it .
When you feel you are unlucky about something , you really are ! and I am unlucky about skoll . . .
I have seen skoll corpse 6 times (thanks to those that camp for TLPD) . watching that someone else tame it in front of my very eyes for once back in WOTLK days . and still looking for it . . . I think he doesn't like me as his master :evil:

guys I really need some courage to still go and look for it in storm peaks . any idea ? advice ?
thanks for reading it ^_^ :headbang:
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: Skoll . . .

Unread post by Sarantha »

I got Skoll the first time I checked. He was hanging out by the cave where all the worms and worgs are fighting. No one else was even in the zone. Perhaps I just got lucky. Do a /who and see if there are any hunters of Skoll's lvl. Do the same on alliance side. If there isn't, its time for an old fashioned camp out, unfortunately. I had to do this with Arcturis, even after Cata. =(
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

Best bet may be to either check real early in the morning if you can (3-7am). Especially if you can't sit there and camp it for many hours.

I hardly see anyone in storm peaks anymore. Just check the same times every day and in theory he should be there eventually :P
yozban

Unread post by yozban »

oh npc scan doesn't show the cave in map , I should check there as well then maybe that's why I couldn't . . . thanks bro !

and in my realm there are always people in storm peaks hunting for TLPD so they usually kill skoll on their way :cry:
Rynbi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rynbi »

yozban wrote:oh npc scan doesn't show the cave in map , I should check there as well then maybe that's why I couldn't . . . thanks bro !

and in my realm there are always people in storm peaks hunting for TLPD so they usually kill skoll on their way :cry:
His northern most spawn point is extremely hard to see on the map if you have the TLPD/Vyragosa path on your map.

I found my Skoll by chance, oddly enough. My advice would be to just head to Storm Peaks during strange hours if possible. Or, if you have some spare gold and really want Skoll, you could always post something on your realm forums, offering to pay if someone lets you know he's up. If someone's camping TLPD, they might be more inclined to whisper you than kill him.
yozban

Unread post by yozban »

yeah I know about north spawn location , that's good idea to offer golds for it in realm forum .

thanks friend
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I've offered over 2k for a hint of blue Madexx and have yet to get a bite. He's either really sought after or questers kill him cuz he's in a quest area. =(
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Lovelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon/Tichondrius

Unread post by Lovelle »

Skoll was the easiest tame for me. I have come across him countless times, both in my hunt for him and my hunt for TLPD. I've swallowed my heart PLENTY of times when NPCScan yells at me, only to find Skoll instead of the drake >.<

The most common spawn point in my experience is the Northern most spawn points near the cave. Check early in the morning or very late at night. I don't think I've ever seen him midday...
Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Curzon »

I've never seen Skoll...nor have I even see anyone else in the zone now.

One of these, I'm going to find the TLPD and be disappointed because it's not Skoll.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I actually found my Skoll around 11amish. Midday, but not at peak hours either, so perhaps lucky? This was in the winter, when most of the students were in school, so hardly anyone was around.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Sarantha wrote:I actually found my Skoll around 11amish.

are you sure it wasn't 11mennonite?

:lol:

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Nope. During the day. Miight've been midnight somewhere else, but where I live, it was midday.

Edit: I so didn't get the joke til I read it a few times. As I said, English isn't my first language. ><
Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Curzon »

You know what's annoying?

Those Stormcrest Hatchlings and Ice Steppe Rhinos that stray into Skoll's spawn points.
Darn you yellow dots.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Curzon wrote:You know what's annoying?

Those Stormcrest Hatchlings and Ice Steppe Rhinos that stray into Skoll's spawn points.
Darn you yellow dots.
yeah, but they don't go "baaaaaaaaaahROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

it scares the CRAP out of me, every time it goes off. Damned NPCScan

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Curzon »

Sukurachi wrote:
Curzon wrote:You know what's annoying?

Darn you yellow dots.
yeah, but they don't go "baaaaaaaaaahROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

it scares the CRAP out of me, every time it goes off. Damned NPCScan
That's why i silenced it.
Even the a rubber ducky sound can scare me.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Hey, out of curiosity:

is it normal when you have NPCScan running that when you tame something it affects your tame animation?

I get no "tame bar" with the countdown, and don't even get the whooshing "successful tame" effect.

"Step on no pets!"

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I have noticed that as well. I thought it was other addons acting up with it, or perhaps just because I have the sound turned down a bit. Maybe it IS NPCscan.

It might also be NPCscan interacting with Silverdragon, which I have also installed. Two NPC trackers might causes some issues, just like two virus scanners can.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Then I think it is NPCScan, since I don't have the other addon.
This issue started immediately after I installed NPCScan.
I was wondering if it was just me.

"Step on no pets!"

yozban

Unread post by yozban »

no chance for skoll yet :( perhaps I Should stick with my cata pets .
Hysteria
Realm: Mal'Ganis, Moon Guard

Unread post by Hysteria »

IDK if you realize, but Solix and Deth'tilac are now the only unique models of the lava spiders. There are now hatchlings that look exactly like kirix. The way to prove that they are rare is NPCscan. IF anyone asks, make them remove their cache, log on in the molten front. Make them incorporate the pets and their codes into NPCscan. If you pull out the pet, (Anthriss, skitter, etc) their NPCscan will go off. It's pretty pointless to do it though.