Anyone else starting to hate Molten Front? (edited)-GOT HIM!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Anyone else starting to hate Molten Front? (edited)

Unread post by Shade »

Quivering wrote:I haven't really tried for deth for the reason mentioned above. Its a big shiny purple spider, it just invites people to attack it. and it takes much longer than an average tame, all the nonesense you have to do to get him tameable... that kind of prolonged activity attracts attention.

i cant set myself up for failure like that.

some possible stress relief, sit near a rare and watch people try to kill it and die miserably. that always cheers me up >:)

From where I am camping Skarr I do get to watch people go after Kirix and get their faces eaten. That is comforting at least, though it does not happen often enough for my tastes..
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

GormanGhaste wrote:I think if I had wanted any of the new rares, I would have waited a couple of months after the patch release before trying to tame them, just for the sake of my mental health.
^^^

I made it a point to wait on actually camping for any of the new rares. I randomly came across Skarr thankfully a week ago (he was the only one i actually somewhat wanted) but I figure its pointless to focus on camping right now. Just do dailies, enjoy you're time, and you'll probably end up stumbling upon someone sooner or later.

Its hard to fight that gotta-catch-them-all mentality sometimes, but if you can succeed, being a hunter is much funner. Yeah thats fight, much funner. Don't even try and correct me, I'm right.

But yeah I would like Deth or the green spider, but I'm fine waiting till all the hoop-lah dies down (i do randomly check for those little tameable green spiders too). Makes me more of a peaceful player.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

I have the problem of, I start to camp, get tired and think about logging out-only to have this little gut feeling that the second I get off, the rare will spawn and someone else will get him. Then I get angry and decide to sit a little bit longer. Before I know It I have camped for hours and have nothing to show for it.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

And then the one time your gut proves right, despite a stopped clock being right more often, it validates everything amirite???

(that's how it works for me anyway, lol)
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Re: Anyone else starting to hate Karkin?

Unread post by Arisia »

Quivering wrote:As for using the rares as pets, I believe that gets a little hairy. I understand it is inconvenient, and if someone is bringing out the rares for the sole purpose of griefing, then thats wrong. But Im not going to tame an amazing looking pet, only to tuck it away in my stable. The majority of what I do is these dailies, and I want to use it because he is awesome. Now if I am passing through a zone or whatever, I will dismiss, but if I am questing, I use whatever pet I fancy. If thats skarr, or kirix, or ban'thalos, or terrorpene or whoever, I dont tame them to not use them.

The inconvenience is a unfortunate side effect. When I was camping, I got used to doing it to the old fashion way because every rare I wanted was cached in minutes, so I feel the pain, I just cant ask other hunters to not use a pet they enjoy because it is a bother to me. I dont say this to be mean, or start a flame war, because like many others, i have been on both sides of the issue. npcscan is a luxury, IMO, not an entitlement; but a hunter legitimately using a pet they want is an entitlement that we all enjoy. and me asking others to not use a pet they enjoy is more oppressive than someone who just honestly enjoys it, using it legitimately and it setting off my npcscan by happenstance.
No argument from me-- I *do* understand the want and need to use a pet you just spent time and effort looking for; my big problem isn't with that... but with the three people (who I will not Name and Shame, although I dearly want to do so) who I watched, during my hours of sitting, logged in with their pet out... walked in and out around all of Molten Front, then hopped back up, and went offline. Not doing a daily, just walking.

That's not using the pet they waited for and wanted badly, that's being a deliberate jerkwad, who only tamed because they can then giggle about how they can mess with the people still camping. THAT does bother me, but according to Blizz, this wouldn't be considered griefing since they're just using their new pets and Blizz cannot stop that.
Cyone
Realm: Die Nachtwache

Unread post by Cyone »

Worba wrote:Kirix - another one that happened to be up while I was doing dailies, but in this case I fumbled the ball and decided to go for a broodling instead. Got one and never looked back.
Is there some trick to tame the broodlings? They say they are untamable.
I would not care if its a rare or not I'm taming, I just like the look of it as I have a hunter with a "green" theme.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Cyone wrote:Is there some trick to tame the broodlings? They say they are untamable.
The tameable ones run around. They aren't there every day. The ones that are stationary spawn from a corpse and aren't tameable.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Cyone wrote:Is there some trick to tame the broodlings? They say they are untamable.
I would not care if its a rare or not I'm taming, I just like the look of it as I have a hunter with a "green" theme.
Might make it easier

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=53753

Add Cinderweb Broodling to NPCSCAN ~ ID 53753

(These are the tameable ones)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The NON-tameable ones are http://www.wowhead.com/npc=53743
(spawn from the Hyjal scout)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Opiomorph
Realm: Silvermoon, Suramar

Unread post by Opiomorph »

Also, if you see the weird looking green brood things around that have the green, it's not a Broodling day. As far as I know (unless Blizz changed something) they are mutually exclusive of one another.

Be warned: they are FAST as hell, and die insanely easy. And love to run through the spider infested area. You will need to be quick at snagging it via tame (they're in small packs of like 8~12 or so... hard to count them since they're hauling around like they're on fire) else they might die, and try not to be near anyone killing so it doesn't get borked by any potential AE.

More on topic...

Right now I'm more then a bit .... emotional is the best word, too many emotions to pick just one... was saved to Skarr on NPC_Scan again... didn't think to log and clear really fast, I was going to bed eventually anyway, yea? Happen to see someone running near, look down. Now - stupid mistake one is not checking my spec first, which is what cost me everything really. As BM I was screwed. I should have just stuck with the tame and died on the rock, instead of trying to FD hoping I could break barrage. No, I died anyway. RUn back, hoping like hell I can get another chance... hey, I can?

...BE lock (I'm human hunter for this) is doing his Soul Harvest. I change spec, sitting eating next to him. I don't know if he intended to do this or not, but second I tame Skarr is gray to me, I interrupt barrage since I'm the one going to eat it, and the lock is killing him. No attempt to tame can work. It's just... utter BS. This probably wouldn't piss me off if I hadn't screwed up to begin with, AND watched an Anthriss (whom I hadn't seen til then) die too, before I got there. Saw it alive via Eagle Eye, by the time I went from Fireplume over, it was dead.

This also ignores the fact several hours ago I watched a (horde) mage pick off Skitterflame as a (alliance) Hunter FINALLY got them to tamable levels of energy. Simply amazing. I didn't get their name, but I have the name of that lock. I (likely) can't report him because I honestly can't say "I tagged Skarr first" because he was gray, but I triggered Barrage on him trying to tame - I don't know what that says about "rights" at all - I don't even know that taming even "tags" a mob gray to other people. And I don't think MY trying to tame is going to cause him to Barrage the lock, but me (but damned if I wish I could have made the lock eat one...). I've already logged and lost evidence in combat log/etc. It's not worth it to argue, I can't say for certain, and even then... is it worth taking a GMs time for something that isn't even likely actionable? (Griefing is, but as I said - no way to prove it deliberately was. I might have just been slow on the draw v. him killing it - and he can technically kill it all he wants before I touch it.) At least a BE hunter agreed with me about how stupid it was via emotes, crying on Skarr's shoulder and agreeing with my /rude at the lock. I have no idea if the BE hunter even HAD a want for it or not.

Seeing Anthriss AND Skarr dead, within less then an hour is just... ugh. I don't think I'm going to bother camping anymore for awhile. I honestly don't think I can take another incident like this. I have enough emotional turmoil right now from life, I don't need a game making things worse, simply because the lesser ends of humankind decide to be complete jerks.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm trying to get one of the gem pets - I'd like either one - and someone who is normally nice keeps running up at me with them. On top of that, someone screamed at me not to tame Skarr but to help them tame it. :/ Gee. And you never would've known if I hadn't pointed it out, Mister! I wish I had just ninja'd the tame instead of going 'well he was here longer...'
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

*foams at the mouth*

I was being nice, speaking with another hunter, who had no clue what they were doing, so I told them how to get Karkin and Skarr, because I was trying to be like nice and such.

Skarr spawns and guess who gets him? The other hunter that I was so freaking kind as to try to help.

What the heck? I try to spread some good karma and now this. Bah! They felt bad, but shit I'm angry at myself for trying to be nice now.

*beats head against desk*
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This reminds me of an episode of House M.D., Season 4 episode 13, House using "niceness" as a symptom. A conversation happened between two of House's employees...

[Cut to Kutner, Taub and Foreman in the cafeteria.]

KUTNER: How can House be an ass without it being an illness, but niceness is a biological crime?

TAUB: You got five bucks?

KUTNER: Uh, yeah. [Hands him five bucks.]

TAUB: [Putting it in his pocket.] Niceness just cost you five bucks. Being an ass generally turns a profit.
-----------------

not that I am promoting asshatery or "every man for himself" but I see this a lot. shame :(
Opiomorph
Realm: Silvermoon, Suramar

Unread post by Opiomorph »

*snrk* Yeah, I was talking toa fellow alliance while sitting here bored waiting for Skarr (or Karkin) to get a new timer. We swapped notions on what to do, I told them if I got a timer I'd let them know (and sent a mail once I did have one just a bit ago... DC'd, came back and Karkin gave me the epic "s'up" scare on login. Karkin is also a jerk and fireballed me for no good reason passing by trying to get back down (because I accidentally throw myself off the side with the vents instead! :D ...) .... damn crab!

Sadly, ONCE AGAIN, Anthriss has been denied. This time I actually made an attempt! GASP! Except the lava wasn't deep enough, and I was a wee bit too slow on the tame to win. I attempt to run back, heal up and spot a good pool, and get to watch as two horde obliterate Anthriss. This explains why I can never FIND Anthriss to begin with most of the time - she lives MAYBE 5 minutes tops. I have less hope on Silvermoon, since it's far more populated feeling, and way more Horde dominated. (Well, 'way' being they tend to outgear and outskill Alliance. I won't say more active, since we're fairly even I think, if not slightly Ally skewed but still...) Then again, knowing the trolling and jerk nature of my OWN faction, I'm sure I'll have just as bad luck with THEM, too. *facepalm*

Still, despite my emotional bemoaning, I'm trying. I don't know why... probably because I hate myself or something. At least I will have the Druids on my side very soon, so I can die slightly less often to cliff accidents/rock accidents.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yes, the dailies are a nightma-oh, you mean the rare challenges. Right.

(Stupid Molten Front. >:( )
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Quivering wrote:This reminds me of an episode of House M.D., Season 4 episode 13, House using "niceness" as a symptom. A conversation happened between two of House's employees...

[Cut to Kutner, Taub and Foreman in the cafeteria.]

KUTNER: How can House be an ass without it being an illness, but niceness is a biological crime?

TAUB: You got five bucks?

KUTNER: Uh, yeah. [Hands him five bucks.]

TAUB: [Putting it in his pocket.] Niceness just cost you five bucks. Being an ass generally turns a profit.
-----------------

not that I am promoting asshatery or "every man for himself" but I see this a lot. shame :(
House MD... this was the guy who looks (and acts) like he hasn't washed in a couple weeks?
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

I LOVE House. Should learn from him, yes.

Anyways yet another Karkin spawned on me again. This makes the.... 8th? 9th? that I have re-homed? I'm starting to loose count. Just proof that there are way to many of this crab spawning and not enough of the cat.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Send some over to FM. >> *holds up a net*
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Shade wrote:I LOVE House. Should learn from him, yes.
Just as long as it isn't lessons on hygiene. :mrgreen:
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

The tameable green spider Broodlings spawned today on my server. I abandoned my Kirix, and tamed one of these instead so I wouldnt set off everyones npcscan. I guess thats one positive about have common skins of rare mobs.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Hmm had my faith restored today by a kind hunter who tried to help me tame Deth. Got the health down, I start to tame, and Deth gets too close, kills both me and Deth herself. *sigh*

But I was so happy to have found someone willing to help. My faith is restored in the hunter community on my server.

Also met another hunter who recognized me from here.

I should stop talking so much if people can spot me not. O_O