To the hunter who helped me get Deth

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

To the hunter who helped me get Deth

Unread post by Quiv »

I tamed Deth today with the help of a very friendly hunter named ßense. This isnt a "name and shame" post, its a "name and fame" :D

He announced in general that Deth was up, and when I rode over there, he reminded me of the taming tips (I had studied on how to tame Deth but since I wasnt in a hurry to tame him* I needed a refresher).. He suicided his pet for me a few times, laid traps down and even when I offered to tip 500g for his help, he refused.

If only we had this caliber of player/hunter more often. Helping for no other reason but to help.

Another hunter joined us at the end of the ordeal, but they already had Deth. Good day overall (except I wasted money on Mylune's call :evil:)

*I wanted Deth, but due to A) never seeing the thing alive and only seeing it dead once, B) how time intensive the tame is, and C) griefers be griefing, I wasnt in any hurry to try and tame it, lest I lose my mind to A, B, or C. I figure I would wait until MF calmed down, maybe 4.3. but thanks to ßense my tame went off easily and a lot quicker than had I done it solo.

I am about 98.56% sure I read this name for this spider on these forums, but I love it to much. If I did snag this from someone, dont be mad, be flattered :D

Sindel
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: To the hunter who helped me get Deth

Unread post by Sarantha »

I love stories like this. Makes me want to keep going with my crusade to rehome as many rares as I can. <3
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

Congratulations on your spider, and /victory highfive to the player who was so helpful! Definitely my favorite type of story to hear. :D
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Congrats!!

I had another hunter help me with Deth myself a bit ago, though due to my own stupidity, I lost Deth and got killed myself.

But it is so much fun to find those hunters who go out of their way to help out someone else. I met the one who helped me out when I was really getting in a funk and pissed at the attitudes of many a player, hunter or other, on my server. Like I told her, she restored my faith in the community by helping unasked. It wasn't a huge thing, I don't think she died any and at the most she lost some time helping out, but it was a big deal to me, and something that was really appreciated. :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Quivering wrote:I tamed Deth today with the help of a very friendly hunter named ßense. This isnt a "name and shame" post, its a "name and fame" :D

He announced in general that Deth was up, and when I rode over there, he reminded me of the taming tips (I had studied on how to tame Deth but since I wasnt in a hurry to tame him* I needed a refresher).. He suicided his pet for me a few times, laid traps down and even when I offered to tip 500g for his help, he refused.

If only we had this caliber of player/hunter more often. Helping for no other reason but to help.

Another hunter joined us at the end of the ordeal, but they already had Deth. Good day overall (except I wasted money on Mylune's call :evil:)

*I wanted Deth, but due to A) never seeing the thing alive and only seeing it dead once, B) how time intensive the tame is, and C) griefers be griefing, I wasnt in any hurry to try and tame it, lest I lose my mind to A, B, or C. I figure I would wait until MF calmed down, maybe 4.3. but thanks to ßense my tame went off easily and a lot quicker than had I done it solo.

I am about 98.56% sure I read this name for this spider on these forums, but I love it to much. If I did snag this from someone, dont be mad, be flattered :D

Sindel
Heeeee!!! ^___^ I actually laughed out loud when I saw that you named her Sindel! This has helped make my crummy night better, thank you! So, big, BIG congratulations and enjoy your Edenian Spider of DOOM!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yay! Helped an orc hunter that was kiting today, it's good to know there's more that will help. x3
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Toph wrote:Heeeee!!! ^___^ I actually laughed out loud when I saw that you named her Sindel! This has helped make my crummy night better, thank you! So, big, BIG congratulations and enjoy your Edenian Spider of DOOM!
aha! so I did get this here! I am glad this actually was a good thing for you to hear.

Yup when I heard you named it Sindel, and compared it mentally to the Mortal Kombat character, it just connected perfectly.

-Shes purple (obvious connection)
-Despite probably being male in game (mate of Beth'tilac I assume), I view Deth a little apart from probable official lore, saw her as the oldest and wisest of the rare spawn spiders, like a queen... like Sindel.
-Deadly, as someone who knows how to play the Sindel character is.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Quivering wrote:
Toph wrote:Heeeee!!! ^___^ I actually laughed out loud when I saw that you named her Sindel! This has helped make my crummy night better, thank you! So, big, BIG congratulations and enjoy your Edenian Spider of DOOM!
aha! so I did get this here! I am glad this actually was a good thing for you to hear.

Yup when I heard you named it Sindel, and compared it mentally to the Mortal Kombat character, it just connected perfectly.

-Shes purple (obvious connection)
-Despite probably being male in game (mate of Beth'tilac I assume), I view Deth a little apart from probable official lore, saw her as the oldest and wisest of the rare spawn spiders, like a queen... like Sindel.
-Deadly, as someone who knows how to play the Sindel character is.
Deth actually is male (learned this from a vid on Youtube when somebody got the Molten Will emote, it clearly said his and that made me sad) but she'll always be female to me since I see most spiders as female 'cept for Solix, Skitterflame, and Ssri'skulk (Tirisfal Glades rare black widow) because I'm weird like that. All your reasons are the same as mine, I used Sindel all the time back in MK3, plus I also compared what she does in MK2011 (giant spoiler) to how Deth kills people who get into melee range of her. XD Your reply made my day, and after yesterday's absolute hell, I really needed it. It's wonderful to see a fellow MK fan here on the forums!
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I don't have an issue deciding that the gender of a pet is different from that of the tamed creature; after all, the creature still exists in-game with that name, right? So mine is another of that kind, with a different name and possibly a different gender. At least, that's the way my mind works!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I consider the pets I tame to be the tamable mobs' babies that it "left behind" when it realized it was losing and would come back later to "respawn" or get revenge on those who took its baby. So any gender, imo.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)