The gold spider that doesn't want to come home...

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

The gold spider that doesn't want to come home...

Unread post by Masquerain »

When 4.2 dropped, I wasn't interested in any of the rares. Nope, not pretty enough for me!

Suddenly, the orange Solix kind of caught my attention. Spent a day camping, accidentally killed him once, but successfully tamed without incident the second time. The camping bug didn't bite me until I decided I wanted Kirix. I sat around for Kirix for four days, taming Skarr and Karkin in the process. Ran across Deth'tilac one night by accident and spent 20 minutes kiting and taming without a single interruption. Ran across Skitterflame and made a cross-faction friend (who is now a same-faction friend!) in the process, and that's when I decided I needed all the rainbow spiders.

And then there's ... Anthriss, who is proving to be the hardest and most elusive to tame because of her absolutely terrible spawn point and being so easy to kill. I've seen her many times, since she liked to spawn right after a rare had been tamed, only to have her killed out from under me three times when I attempted. I swore I wouldn't camp her because she was in such a vulnerable spot ... if I sat out there for hours or days and she spawned, then someone would come and kill her and I would be SO incredibly angry.

Yet, here I am sitting and waiting for her. Of course, the second that I decide that I'll just wander around her area, I haven't seen a single glimpse of her since and this is Day 2 of the camp. I suppose I could just go tame a regular spider, but I'm sure many people here will understand when I whine that it's "not the saaaaame." ;)

Does anyone have any Anthriss stories to share to keep me company?
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Re: The gold spider that doesn't want to come home...

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Good luck, dear.(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Thanks! I'm a little delirious because I failed to get a good night's sleep last night. I may have to call it an early night and rest up for a long camp tomorrow on my day off. Argh!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I gave up on Anthriss long ago, but suddenly came upon him one day killing a BElfadin. I asked the BElfadin to leave him alone. It took a few whispers to get him to understand that Anthriss only drops 25g and it really isn't worth the repairs, but eventually he left. So I sank down into the lava and the BElfadin pulls him over to me, but not too close. I dps him a little to get aggro, then concuss and scatter shot him and start the tame from my lava pool. I have myself a lovely golden spider named Baldur now. Despite his common model, he is indeed one of the rarest spiders in existence, I think. This was the first time I'd ever seen him alive.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Curzon »

He seems to the most often killed...yet he doesn't seem to me to be in a really high traffic area. (maybe it's just me...I avoid that area because of the giant freaking giant molten lords that aggro if you so much as sneeze at them)

I've had him killed in front of me twice, tamed by me once and then happened upon his body twice since.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Anthriss is astonishingly picky about who he goes home with, considering how easy his tame mechanic is. Good luck!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

I've been looking for Anthriss/Skitterflame for a while. I am actually thinking of taming a common one before taming the real thing XD

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I had tamed a common Anthriss when I would check for Deth'tilac off and on, which is when I noticed how pretty she really is.

At least on my server, Anthriss never seems to be up longer than five minutes. I have found her corpse so many times.

LOL, as I was typing this, Anthriss spawned! Another hunter just showed up out of NOWHERE and started trying to get here. I was freaking out and shaking and died once, wasn't deep enough in the lava. I managed to get her and people were so angry! They're gonna have to get in line, I've been out there all day. XD

Yay! Rainbow complete! :D
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

I've never seen Anthriss. Although, I did see a bunch of skeletons where Anthriss spawns, this morning. Possible Anthriss kill fest?

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Lovelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon/Tichondrius

Unread post by Lovelle »

Seems to me that he's the Madexx of the Molten Front. He's never there, because it's such a high traffic area and only takes a little amount of time to kill.
Avatar by Vephriel-------------------------------------------------------------------Kyriena*Daxx*Lovelle-------------------------------------------------------------------------Signature by Me
Lovelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon/Tichondrius

Unread post by Lovelle »

meepitco wrote:I've been looking for Anthriss/Skitterflame for a while. I am actually thinking of taming a common one before taming the real thing XD
That's what I did for Kirix on my goblin, Daxx. I tamed one of the tiny skitterers and kept her around until I was able to tame the true Kirix. I love the sense of accomplishment having the real thing, even if they look exactly the same!
Avatar by Vephriel-------------------------------------------------------------------Kyriena*Daxx*Lovelle-------------------------------------------------------------------------Signature by Me
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Grats! Anny knew you really wanted him. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Major grats!(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

My story involves first a paladin who griefed me. I was sad and called off the hunt. But other spiders came ... and I adored them. Still, there was a spot in my heart for Anthriss.

So I parked. And waited. Then she appeared! People gathered around and cheered. I managed to get her the second time I camped for her. :D Congratulations!

And yes, I hate where she spawns. It's inevitable that people group up and kill her. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Anthriss was the first Molten Front rare I came across. Was on my Horde hunter Bodhran when someone said that the yellow spider was up. I thought by the time I get down there (was by the portal into MF) it will already be tamed. Then I thought what the hell. Popped over there saw non-hunters dying to it and other hunters that had no idea how to tame it failing. To be honest I did not know what method was suppose to be use for her tame as I had not interest in the spiders and thought I had no hope of taming the only one I wanted since I am the King of epic fail kitting. Anyway seeing the pools of lava it clicked that this must be the submerging yourself in a pool of lava one. Waiting for the Ally hunter that was dying to Anthriss I popped a shot at it jumped in the pool until I was 'swimming' it tame and Supernova came home. Second time I saw Anthriss of the two and only times I've see him/her was a early morning late night no one is around when Anthriss spawned moment while I was dicking around on my Ally hunter Vargr. Took several tries and horrible fails to tag and get back to the deep pool (must have been pulled back by the people trying to tame/kill it when I got it on Bodhran). Finally I pulled out another spider sent it in while I waited out of range next to the pool. Aggro-ed it dismissed my pet as it came after me tagged it and tamed. Even after reading I tend to be a very hands on kind of person when it comes to the trick tames and only countless deaths seem to knock it into my thick head how to get the worst of these guys *Shakes a fist at Kirix* Honestly I would have not really been likely to keep my two Anthriss with having to let other pets go for room but with him being so rare due to his location (honestly I don't see people killing him and have laughed when griefers get burnt down for trying) if I saw him spawn more. Even tonight/this morning I saw all the spiders spawn and the Karkin but not him. :/

Anyway that is my two cents on my adventures with Anthriss.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Congrats on Anny!

Unfortunately she is the molten front target, ive seen her up quite often actually but sadly most times it does not end up so well for her :(
My best anny tame was on Reika when I pulled her into the lava but my guildies shale spider wanted to get in on the action to :lol: then so do I molten giant who kept throwing rocks at me while I was trying to tame! Finally I got her tamed and.. died to :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

A friend of mine was camping for a blue Madexx recently and found him like five times last week. He keeps telling me noone wants him and that he's always up, but I have yet to see him in the wild, myself.

Thanks, guys! I am SO relieved to be done with the Molten Front. Just minutes ago someone whispered me to help with Kirix, but they kept failing because they weren't following my directions (pull with tame! no, don't cast tame, deterrence, and then tame again, wtf!). He left and I whispered another hunter trying to tame, got him on the rock and popped hero for him, and he got it first shot. It's a wonder when people actually listen! lol
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I will give up half my stables to even SEE blue Madexx alive.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Anthriss is the last one I need too. However, I have little to no ambitions to actively camp him after having camped the others semi-actively. I've gone through over 50 rares of camping and abandoning so goddamnit...I wanna be done FFS. Just make some mobs that are common but require some shit to tame. THAT'd be fun.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Sarantha wrote:I will give up half my stables to even SEE blue Madexx alive.
Make with the giving of the up, sir. Alive and well this blue Madexx is!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_040911_101025.jpg
WoWScrnShot_040911_101025.jpg (417.44 KiB) Viewed 3127 times

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!