So nice, I tamed him twice (after an accidental abandon).

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

So nice, I tamed him twice (after an accidental abandon).

Unread post by Macha »

Of all the pets I have bonded with, the last one I'd expect to be was the runner up spider to Deth. After successfully taming Deth and being on a high from the rush, I abandoned Kirix, whom I was really proud of taming.

... and the next day, when I logged onto my Hunter, I felt hurt, like she was missing a piece of herself. After being defeated by Deth and the griefers so many times, I went for Kirix, and while taming him, I even got a story working for him and my Hunter. And it stuck. To the point where it really weighed on my mind at work- Why, why, WHY did I abandon him? Just because I got something better? What kind of Hunter was I turning in to?! (this coming from someone who loves her Sporebat <3)

So I ticketed a GM and asked for my Kirix back. In the meantime, I sat myself on a rock facing his spawn point. I logged in one more time after playing some Final Fantasy X-2 (Shhh! It's my RPG equivalent of Ben and Jerry's :P), and there he was!

Someone was already trying to tame him, but failed. It was of note that she popped Deterrence, so I knew I had a bit of time. I set up the tame, but for some reason I hesitated, knowing it wasn't going to work, and didn't pop my Deterrence. I died, but I swiftly regained my footing and ressed. The second shot was golden and set up smooth as butter, and Kirix was mine again!

It may not be the "same" tame, but I love Kirix and his challenge so much that it doesn't matter. I was excited at the chance to try it again!

I don't usually like keeping two of the same family, but to heck with it. My Hunter has the stable space, I might as well use it. Besides, I felt really crushed when I realized I abandoned him for such a petty reason, and I don't want to feel like that again!

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Re: So nice, I tamed him twice (after an accidental abandon)

Unread post by Kirsten »

Congrats, again! ^.^ I can admit I died like ten thousand times him the first time I ever saw him, but the second time I ever saw Kirix, it was a one attempted tame. :D
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: So nice, I tamed him twice (after an accidental abandon)

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've had that sick feeling to my stomach before after abandoning a pet. With Tetsusaiga, the guilt came several months later, but it still carried the same weight.

I'm glad you were able to get your spidey back (one way or another)!!! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.