Fail and still with that shakey feeling..

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Fail and still with that shakey feeling..

Unread post by Flyra »

Today , whilst camping for Skarr I tried taming Kirix and died with no idea how to tame him. Soon enough more hunters arrived who all died repeatedly. 17 total! I made friends with two and offered to heal them with my spirit beasts ( I know they don't heal much) . People were trying taming him on his level, from the ledge, islands. The island I had in mind I tried to get to but got buffeted off by wind into Kirix's poisonous green fangs. Anyway, after an HOUR one of my new friends alerted me that Aeonaxx had spawned in deepholm. I went there to find him dead.
Does anyone know the easiest way to tame Kirix? He will be gone now but just incase I happen to see him again. Oh, and does he share a spawn timer with Aeonaxx?
(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure between pet discussion or taming)

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Re: Fail and still with that shakey feeling..

Unread post by Britany »

No, Kirix has absolutely no connection with Aeonaxx. The only NPC that shares a spawn timer with Aeonaxx is Blood Seeker. That's just coincidence. xD aeonaxxresource.com is a good site for info on him. As for Kirix, info on taming him can be found here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12158
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Not sure if this is the correct way to tame, but I tamed my Kirix by:
-Gaining the buff off the vent, lasts for two minutes and increases haste by 100% (Be careful this also makes you jump really high so you might end up jumping off the edge if you are not careful.)
-I positioned myself on the other side, not on a rock but on the edge.
-I shot him once before I hit deterrence.
-Then I hit tame beast as quick as possible.

I have seen other people do it differently though. Some use the method I used, but mine felt glitched somehow. When people used my way, they also pop a blood lust prior to targeting him either by having a corehound or a mage/shaman around. I had no help from anyone though. I also painfully watched a belf tame him in a different manor. It took him maybe 13 tries or so...he allowed himself to get knocked back in the air and disengaged then tamed, but that seems much harder to me and honeslty I have no clue how he managed it.... and usually Kirix got to him and killed him before his tame completed. The method I used and was successful with was recommended on wowhead by several people. But I have no idea if its the right or best ("easiest") way to tame him, it just worked for me.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Thanks for all the help, ill try everything. What a coincidence, lol!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

The method I used was on his level while using Aspect of the Wild

1. Tame to get his attention from afar
2. Let him knock you back
3. Disengage in the air
4. When you land, hit Potion of Speed
5. Deterrence
6. Tame
(Best to do 4 - 6 in one macro)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

My Kirix tame was just: Stand on the rock. Use haste pots/food. Use a corehound for lust. Dismiss it. Pull with tame. If you have enough haste, your tame should go off before he even hits you with his nasty poison of evilness. I had enough haste on my gear and with the buffs that I didn't need detterence. Kirix just magically floated to the rock when I had finished my tame and it was super easy for me.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Mine just stood there looking so cute and innocent, and I can't get that image out of my head when he got all small. I feigned death to get him over to my side, but I musta looked at him for a few seconds thinking that was the cutest thing I ever saw.

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

For Kirix, I engaged in combat with Nature Resist Aspect on, let him knock me into the air, hit disengage at the height of the toss, hit detterence and tame upon landing. It really wasn't very hard, but I was shaking pretty hard.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Oh yeah, I had aspect of the wild on too. I helped a hunter tame him today and forgot to mention aspect of the wild, and I can't remember if he had it on or not but he tamed it exactly the way I tamed mine. So I have no idea if the aspect helped or not.

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Sarantha wrote:My Kirix tame was just: Stand on the rock. Use haste pots/food. Use a corehound for lust. Dismiss it. Pull with tame. If you have enough haste, your tame should go off before he even hits you with his nasty poison of evilness. I had enough haste on my gear and with the buffs that I didn't need detterence. Kirix just magically floated to the rock when I had finished my tame and it was super easy for me.
^More or less this.
I used haste elixir and pot just to be on the safe side since I had them left over from my Skarr tames. Get up on the island (Fire plum?) Mount jump to the tiny island/rock that overlooks his pat area. Use elixir and corehound's ancient histaria. Dissmiss Corehound. Wait for him to almost be in taming range and use pot. Hit tame and he is all yours.
Serenith wrote:Oh yeah, I had aspect of the wild on too. I helped a hunter tame him today and forgot to mention aspect of the wild, and I can't remember if he had it on or not but he tamed it exactly the way I tamed mine. So I have no idea if the aspect helped or not.
^ This as well. It can't hurt to have somethings that gives you a lil more time anyway.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

First off, if you want to get rid of your anger ( if you have any, I'm just making a suggestion ;) ) of not getting Aeonaxx or Kirix, there's the Consolation Corner: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14004 (I've posted there several times, felt better after)

Second, Aeonaxx does NOT share a timer with Kirix. Aeonaxx shares a timer with the Blood Seeker and Xariona(?).

As for Kirix taming methods, I know of two, and one might not work.

Here's the method I used (the one that might not work now): I grabbed the buff from the vent (the 100% haste one) and CAREFULLY jumped on a floating rock, hit deterrence (it wasn't necessary) and tamed. Tame was over in 3ish seconds.

Here's the method I DIDN'T use: Make sure you have aspect of the wild on, and have a haste potion handy. Make a macro that goes like this:

/cast deterrence
/cast tame beast

Then drink your haste potion, eat your haste food (or whatever else you have) and engage Kirix from his level, not on the rock. Let him charge you and disengage at the HIGHEST point. the use the macro. I am unsure if there is anything extra, though.

I hope I helped! :mrgreen:
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Feralclaw wrote:First off, if you want to get rid of your anger ( if you have any, I'm just making a suggestion ;) ) of not getting Aeonaxx or Kirix, there's the Consolation Corner: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14004 (I've posted there several times, felt better after)

Second, Aeonaxx does NOT share a timer with Kirix. Aeonaxx shares a timer with the Blood Seeker and Xariona(?).

As for Kirix taming methods, I know of two, and one might not work.

Here's the method I used (the one that might not work now): I grabbed the buff from the vent (the 100% haste one) and CAREFULLY jumped on a floating rock, hit deterrence (it wasn't necessary) and tamed. Tame was over in 3ish seconds.

Here's the method I DIDN'T use: Make sure you have aspect of the wild on, and have a haste potion handy. Make a macro that goes like this:

/cast deterrence
/cast tame beast

Then drink your haste potion, eat your haste food (or whatever else you have) and engage Kirix from his level, not on the rock. Let him charge you and disengage at the HIGHEST point. the use the macro. I am unsure if there is anything extra, though.

I hope I helped! :mrgreen:
The method you used should still work, since I helped a hunter with by telling him that method yesterday and it worked.

Sei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by Sei »

Real easy way him and I didn't use any pots, or anything buffs what-so-ever

Jump onto the rocks that lead to the second level in the Molten Front right near where he spawns. (As some people go right while jumping up, make sure you follow the path that leads you to be over looking Kirix).

At the very top crumbling rock platform ( tho this one doesn't crumble -- where there's a boost jump wind current) look over and wait until Kirix comes into range. Shoot him once to pull aggro - wait until he cast Magma-toxin ( I believe it is) and right in the middle of his cast hit deterrence and immediately after his tame beast.

/cast deterrence
/cast tame beast

is an awesome macro to use if you happen to prep for it, if not just make sure your deterrence button and tame beast are right near each other for a quick and painless tame.

I died twice when I tamed him cause I didn't know how, and tried using my interrupt. Second attempt I died cause I delayed in hitting tame beast by a second and deterrence had ended and he had cast Magma-toxin again.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Yay! More ways to try. I wish I had checked this forum sooner I've encountered him several times since creating this post and failed them all, mostly by not being able to jump on the rock. /facepalm . When I fail I get so embarrassed that I help other people, I ended up cheering on an orc hunter who had watched my rock method and was imitating it. . (I'm alliance).