I got her....and now him!!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

I got her....and now him!!

Unread post by Sesamee »

Earrrrly in the morning I decided to go check the MF for Deth or Anthriss, the only two spiders I really want. I've failed twice at Deth and once I saw Anthriss but didn't want her until I tamed one of the little yellow spiders running around near Deth. I only tamed it to help in a Deth tame but then realized how stunning these beautiful yellow spiders are. I had to have the real Anthriss though and have been waiting for weeks.

I was thrilled when I saw her. I had to kill two mobs near her then I aggro'd her, disengaged into the deep lava pool in front of her, hit my deterrance/tame beast macro and she was mine before I knew it. I can't get over how pretty she is. The jewel toned yellow contrasts beautifully with the grey on her body. She looks like a walking crystal, like a piece of jewelry. I don't care that she's not a unique skin. She's stunning and she's mine! I named her Aranea, a version of the order spiders belong to, Araneae.

I'm editing to avoid making an entire new thread but I just tamed Deth! All by myself! I kited him for about 20 minutes from his spawn area around to where the quest givers are and then I jumped through the little hole in the wall back to his spawning area. I was worried this would reset him but it didnt. When I got him to the quest givers they were a huge help with roots and damaging him. He did aggro on them a few times but a distracting shot brought his attention back to me. I died twice, I think, but once I figured out the max distance I could go from him to have time to rez a pet without him resetting it was just a matter of kiting, res'ing, and kiting some more. I'm proud that I did it alone with no help!!

I was torn between naming him MrBeth just for fun and Anansi, the African trickster spider god, but it wouldn't let me name him MrBeth so Anansi it is! I decided not to camp for either Anthriss or Deth since they were the last two rares I really wanted. I wanted it to be a spontaneous find and after waiting for weeks with no sightings of either I ended up with Anansi the day after I got Aranea. Funny how that works! Npcscan didn't even go off, he must've been cached, I just happened to catch the tip of lavender leg and was like OMG! Here's Anansi in all his purple crystal glory:

Last edited by Sesamee on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Re: I got her!!

Unread post by Talaridan »

Congratulations! She is lovely and I like her new name a lot! :D
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

Wow, I didn't think I wanted any of the MF spiders except Deth, but your pictures of Anthriss are just lovely! She is stunning and I think I love her jewel tone...I guess more rare camping for me!

P.S. - I love her name, so pretty!

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

Layiaissa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Shandris, Bladefist, Quel'dorei

Unread post by Layiaissa »

Congrats! I love the new name. It's very pretty.

thanks to Kurenio and TygerDarkStorm for the sigs

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Huge congrats! That's certainly a very striking colour... even someone like me who isn't overly fond of the colour yellow can appreciate how nice that spider looks ^_^

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

Here's a couple more shots I took of Aranea when I was bored. She matches one of my transmog outfits! Woo! :lol:

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Congratulations! Though in your last pic, it looks like you're about to become dinner.

I rather like the molten spider model. I've got Kirix, myself, and he's kind of the first spider I've ever really 'clicked' with.
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Congratz!!! :D i like those spiders!! But my faw of them has to be Deth.! Cos of her amazing colour!!! :D

Btw can u link the the Wowhead link for those legs ur using!? llooking for awesome legs for next patch! ^^ thx

Signature Made By Senenith

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

That set looks to be the 'Battleforge' mail set if you wanted to look it up on WoWhead. It's a late-20s green set if memory serves.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Nachtwulf wrote:That set looks to be the 'Battleforge' mail set if you wanted to look it up on WoWhead. It's a late-20s green set if memory serves.

Thanks<3

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

Yep, its the Battleforge set. There's a similar set, Glimmering Armor, but its more gold and red with a lot less black. I can't stand farming so I hunt the AH and slowly put sets together. I'm having a devil of a time finding stuff that looks cute on my Orc Warlock main :/. I can't give up Blood Fury or the pet damage increase though lol!
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Nachtwulf wrote:That set looks to be the 'Battleforge' mail set if you wanted to look it up on WoWhead. It's a late-20s green set if memory serves.
Its gonna be impossible to get :S:S

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

I see the pieces on the ah quite a bit. It probably took me a month maybe to put the whole set together?
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Awesome. I am always glad to see another Anthriss fan. :D She's the BANANARCHY SPIDER.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!