Going out with a bang!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Going out with a bang!

Unread post by Comett »

We're in the process of moving house at the moment. Usually that's stressful enough, I'm sure you all know, but due to a lot of family issues... well, it's particularly stressful, and my mum is leaning on me at the moment for a lot of support so I just have to grin and bare it. It's not fun.

To add to that joyful thought, we're exchanging internet providers, and resultantly there's a chance I won't have internet for a couple of weeks. We're going to buy one of those portal internet USB sticks, but that's hardly grunty enough for much more than emails. So yeah - it's not the internet that bothers me as much as being cut off from half my friends in a time that honestly I really really want them >_< lol. Sorry for the ramble, I've just been a bit strung out recently.

Anyhow, I finished my assignment tonight and decided to pop on WoW for a final binge before I'm forced to go cold turkey for a bit. I'm toonhopping and after a while decide to pop on my main and do dailies (ya know, spend time with pets because that always makes me smile) - when who do I see spawn underneath me but Ankha!!!!

I hurriedly log over onto my Horde alt, Tezzra, port to the daily area and throw my clothes off as fast as I can. I've never seen Ankha or Magria in the wild before, and rarely as actual pets on the server, but that "Gondria" model is one of my favourites in-game. I specifically liked the white cat Ankha the most, too. I target Ankha, pull and start the tame, but a fire elemental decides to whack at me so I feign death with a measly 5k health. It's now that I realise I have no food, so I sit there half dead and wait for my health to regenerate. I'm at maybe 30% when I see another hunter floating around, so decided it was now or never. I mount up, fly over to Ankha again, pop deterrence and tame. Seriously, one of the most stressful tames I've ever experienced, but it worked and I had a gorgeous kitty!

I sort of dumbfoundedly head over to the quest hub area when who do I fall on top of but Ban'thalos? I already have him (and adore him) on my main, but I remember watching a few times as the poor guy was killed, so I decided I'd tame him (bad enough mood over the move without seeing such a pretty pet die). Somehow, as if it was meant to be, I landed on the tree first try (never happens rofl), and when I pulled he landed in my trap and the same went off no trouble at all!

So yeah, I just thought it was pretty incredible that I stumbled upon these guys together, so close, after keeping a pretty consistent eye out for Ankha for a good couple of weeks now... specially since I've been so stressed and down because of the move and family...

Perhaps I'll call them something to do with hope and strength and bravery. Hmm.

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Re: Going out with a bang!

Unread post by Snowbird »

aww sorry for ur Family problems! :( I have some problems too, so i think i know how ur feeling!.
Atleast u got some new pets to cheer u up!.

Happy Hunting Fellow Hunters!
For The Horde!

Signature Made By Senenith

Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Re: Going out with a bang!

Unread post by Valfreya »

Wow! Congrats! Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time atm. But there ya go, when your down its funny how things you want just kinda pop up, even if they are pixels, they make us happy, and it gives you something to look forward to in the future when you can come back to the game.
Either way, know that your friends are there, even if you cant talk to them for a bit in game, they arent going anywhere, and your two new pretty pets will be waiting as well.

take care, hope all gets better soon. It always does, the bad stuff never lasts forever, and really its these things in life that make us a better person, believe me Ive been through enough to know that. You are on a path, and one day you will look back as I do and will be able to say, ok if that bad thing wouldnt have happened I wouldnt have made that decision and ended up where I am now. And believe me, I wouldnt want to be anywhere than where I am at right now in my life, I never would have dreamed it could be this good. And honestly it was all the tough times that brought me here.

/hugs