Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 3: Crocolisks!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 3: Crocolisks!

Unread post by Lisaara »

I love these guys. x3 I usually name mine Leatherhead. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Crocs are one of my favourite pets out there as well, and I currently have several. I'm sorry about the lack of screenies, but as I'm not playing WoW at the moment, I can't make my posts as pretty as yours!

First we have my newest acquisition, Thorn: Image. My baby Draenei tamed her only days before I moved over to SWTOR, and I really look forward to bonding with him once I return to WoW. I had this skin before on my Worgen, but they didn't click, so I am hoping things will work out with Eshakaa, since I really like the colours on this one.

Image Ambiorix is the new incarnation of my first hunter's main tanking pet. He and his white croc were inseparable, and when I deleted him, I needed to find her a new home. My orc has taken this duty on, and although her crocolisk is a male the spirit remains the same.

Mozag's Desire: Image. These two have had a rocky road. I tamed this beauty originally on a whim, after not sparing it much of glance before, as I'm not terribly keen on "dull" colours. Something about the lovely rusty reddish tones caught my eye though, and I found myself filling up a stable space. The two never bonded however, and their history has been a series of abandons and re-tames, but now they are trying again.

However, my baby Troll Zinzil and her croc Zil are a perfect match. Maybe because she is a Jungle Troll and not partially an Ice Troll like her half-sister Mozag. Who knows! Image Zil's eyes really complement Zinzil's hair, and I love seeing these two running around together.

And finally last but most certainly not least, we have Lazuli's Coin. Image This is my favourite skin in the game currently for crocs, and the two are a perfect duo. I ran at level all the way from Orgrimmar to Loch Modan for this darling with a brave demon dog as a throw-away pet. I named him Coin and narrated all his valiant deaths to my husband as I ran. When I came upon my target crocolisk, she was up and I joyfully tamed her. To my dismay I found that Jade was a reserved name, and so, I decided to honour the dog's sacrifice and named the new pet after him. When Lazuli needs a tank, this is the guy.
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

I had a Crocolisk for a while who kept me safe all through Outland and Northrend. I only got rid of him to tame Terrorpene =/ wish I had taken a SS.

He was originally Ripscale and I renamed him... Ripscale! I suck at names and I rather liked his original name. I've started a new hunter and I shall be taming either the exact same mob or Goretooth as I feel I should have probably kept my loyal Croc. Loved taking him for a swim and loved his hissing and pretty, subtle colours.

Can't wait to tame him again! xD
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Rezzing this because I spur-of-the-moment tamed a croc the other day. Well, sort of spur of the moment. Technically, I'd planned on taming Gorebite for some time, but in the long slog to 84 I'd completely forgotten. It took me summoning the beast to remember and quickly dismiss my pet so I could tame him.

Or her, at the time- I was sure it was a her. I tried to think of a feminine name for her. Then, as I have done a lot recently, I gave up and named him after another Sherlock character, because I need professional help.

His name is Mycroft, and he is wonderful. Cunning, intelligent, perfectly brutal, overprotective and as lazy as possible, Mycroft is my second favorite tank. Technically, though, John the turtle wins out. He does have a very useful ability, though - I love Ankle Crack. As a MM hunter, it's priceless.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Recently desided that i miss my croc on Tårnfalk..

Had no luck with having Sewer Beast pop for me so i headed for Wetlands and tamed Horrorjaw which after tame was renamed Fez :D - cant wait to MoP and make him dps :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Rezzing this because I forgot about one of the crocs one of my hunters has. >_<

Tsara and Larkspur
As I was questing on Tsara through Northern Stranglethorn it occurred to me that Mahamba's beautiful coloring would look perfect next to Tsara and I was right. ^_^ She hasn't seen a ton of use yet, but I love the Cataclysm croc model and the croc special ability so she'll probably be a keeper.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Fez´s replacement, Boots the purple crocolisk :hug: :hug:: I named him Boots cause on my show and tell screenie he looks like he was gonna eat my boots hehe. His such a lovly looking crocodile D

Looking out over stormwind

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think that's an adorable name. Congrats again!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

It feels odd posting a hydra amongst all the crocs. I do love crocs, one of my favorites in real life, but none have connected with me in game yet. :(

My hydra's old name was BillieJoe, now named Giest. When I originally got him it was mainly for the unqiueness, and he only stayed because he became no longer tameable. But, eventually he grew on me, now I absolutely adore him. Even if he's constantly fighting amongst himself. (himselves? dunno) Before they switched him from the croc family to hydra he was my dungeon soloing buddy. Although he gets to be my dungeon buddy now :3
Sorry for the mediocre story, there wasn't much to how I got them (not that I remember anyway), he just grew on me overtime and became a very special member of the crew :3
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I'm actually surprised it took this long for a hydra post. I thought we had more people on the forums with beloved hydras and croco-slimes.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Me too! Where's slime/hydra love?
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I've been doing bg's on Beta! Can I just say that a ferocity croc is a thing of beauty!!! <3 my Casanova! :headbang:
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I have a Hydralisk! I didn't add him here because of their recent switch to Crocolisks, though. Admittedly, my Hydra is still Tenacity - he's Vallrok's only tenacity pet, and will stay that way until I stumble upon another. Only then will I go ahead and put points in his Ferocity spec.

Seamist is a great pet. I leveled like mad once I heard about the tamable ghost hydra, and after a few stressful days waiting for the daily to pop up, finally grabbed myself a hydra (I also got a slime, but I never liked it and released it soon after. Mistake, probably.). He's one of Vallrok's three pets, and will always be part of the tiny rotation. I used to have him around for RP events, too, pretending he was some sort of water spirit… That practice soon stopped when I realized how annoying his hissing was! xD Well, annoying to others, I've never found it particularly aggravating. I rather like noisy pets, to be honest.

He's definitely a headturner, too. Though… I think part of the reason people notice him is because they can't stop *hearing* him. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

That screenshot looks wicked with the ghostliness. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Bringing this back to crocs with my love of Gumbo. :D

Absolutely a character-defining pet. Kallimon's major stable theme was set by this guy right here. Since Kalliope knew she wanted Ursa from the beginning, Gumbo was the first primary pet I'd tamed before the bond formed. It was quite an experience! I had no idea what I was in for when I tamed this little guy from the river dividing Durotar from the Barrens. Gumbo makes Kallimon real to me; I understand him better through Gumbo.

I have never seen another crocolisk lay their head on their hunter's feet so often. For the sake of all other troll hunters out there, I hope I never do.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

ApolloThePasserby
Realm: Zuluhed

Unread post by ApolloThePasserby »

You can keep your fancy "turtles" and "beetles"! You can even keep your streamlined alligator-like 'Cata-crocs'. None can surpass the tenacity (pun very intended) of good ol' Richard!

"I like naming my pets human names. Throws the Alliance off a little." He laughs as he pets his crocolisk's smooth green scales, hearing his satisfied hiss-like roar.

Technically, he was my third pet I tamed (the first being Steve, and the second being a bright brown bear named Murray which I promptly gave up just before BC). Tamed him off the coast of Grom'gol, this brighter green croc has and always will contend with Steve for being my favorite pet(s), even with my stables filling up more! He was my go-to tank, unstoppable in many ways!

And I knew I picked up a winner with this pet, because:
1) Some people see his name and they're like "I like your pet's name!" or "That's weird, because that's MY name, too!"
2) My little sister heard him 'roar' for the first time when we were just standing still, and she was all giddy and like "OMG! He roared! Ahahaha~"
3) He's my most reliable tank! In some separate instances, I remember when the tank got one-shotted at a last boss, I dismissed one of my DPS pets/Steve, and summoned Richard, and he taunted the boss enough so that the dps could finish him off quickly, even at the cost of his own life. Daddy's little trooper! :D

And I've had him through all the changes crocolisks received. I loved him when he had NOTHING in vanilla, I loved and utilized the CRAP out of him when crocolisks had "Bad Attitude" (pet thorns are always delicious) and I pulled packs with him when I farmed old dungeons with that, Misdirection, and Multishot! And I honestly have no qualms against "Ankle Crack", it just means he's also handy in PvP now, too. Though, having Taunt and Last Stand certainly makes Richard my handy little back-up tank in case any real tank I go up with gets one-shotted! Sometimes, I bring Richard out deliberately just to troll my current LFG heroic tank, and compete with him. :twisted: But will I turn him into a Ferocity pet when MoP comes out? Hard to say.

And, since I tamed him from Grom'gol, him being a saltwater crocolisk, he was THRILLED to be in Vashj'ir. Steve can swim like a duck, but Richard LOVES coming with me to Vashj'ir to farm Stormvine and Azshara's Veil, munching on the occasional sea creature/naga too. Needless to say, my hunter just isn't my hunter without my little bright green crocolisk. <3
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, I <3 Richard! :3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

That's an awesome story Apollo. :D Richard is fantastic. <3
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

That's adorable. :D

What's funny, is as soon as I read his name, someone on the television said the name Richard. :lol:

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

As a proud owner of both a Hydralysk and a Sewer Beast on my troll hunter, I am happyto announce, that I love them both!
My hydra is named after my ex-guildmate Sloper^ who was also a hunter:) For the reason that he had to many alts^ who's names all started with Sloper ( like Slopertank and Sloperdruid and so on), I called my hydra after him^_^ and even photoshopped some of the extention names above my hydra's heads ^_^

Sewer Beast, he was my dream since vanilla, I lurked in Stormwind channels with a fear of being ganked for hours:) But then he came, a city legend with the looks of an ancient dragon <3 (pics inc)

Go Go crocs!
Don't panic!