Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Ooo, that's an interesting request. :)

Ashdawn:
White Bat

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Layiaissa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Shandris, Bladefist, Quel'dorei

Unread post by Layiaissa »

Perspective is what that dumb orc in Brackenwall told me. That there was more to this war that killing the human butchers indiscriminately. I told him he was full of it, only with more exact language. I quickly found myself on the nearest boat off the the continent. My opinion of Ratchet hadn't changed from the last time I was there. It stunk.

Arriving in Booty Bay made me reconsider why. Under all the new smells was still the sweaty, slimy stink of greed. Goblins. Ugh. Nasty little things. I took the first windrider out of there to the north. From there, I followed the river to Westfall, the human region my next assignment was in. I couldn't help drawing parallels between Mulgore and this land. The waves of golden grass flowing in the wind, the squeels of dying gnolls from far away. Lynch, my prairie wolf seemed to agree, frolicking freely. That was, until we got to Moonbrook.

I was sickened. These despicable humans were too busy mistreating each other to notice my presence. I had no trouble making my way to the hidden mine underneath the nearly ruined town. My assignment was simple. Kill the humans and traitor goblins, orders I could get behind. Lynch and I were happily slaughtering everyone in sight, until he took a large piece of wood to the flank from an exploding barrel. Unable to slow down, I sent him back to the entrance and pushed forward. I was stopped cold a little ways later. Worse than traitors, these goblins were slave drivers.

I hadn't been this enraged since I found the looters in Taurajo. I quickly began freeing the prisoners, who turned on their oppressors.

It wasn't until we got to the end of that tunnel that I noticed a small brown monkey trailing behind me. I ignored him and continued on, until I found myself in the stinkiest trouble ever. I was about to suffocate from the toxic fumes, when I heard a high pitched scream, and then another from the goblin!

Saved from the worst possible death imaginable, my new companion continued to impress me. Calm out of battle, he was fearless in the face of our enemies, whether it was a group of humans or a huge robot. Occasionally, he would return to my side suddenly, seemingly laughing. It took me a while to realize why. I couldn't help but smile at the dead pirate with a face full of something stinky. I watched more carefully, and myself laughing at the dumbfounded morons. Laughing for the first time in years, it felt like.

We finally made our way to the top deck, only to be confronted with the second most horrifying enemy I had ever faced. Even then, my little friend, now riding on my shoulder, showed no fear, charging in with a high pitched scream.

The filthy place was finally cleaned out a few moments later, and together, we made our way back to Thunder Bluff. We found a quiet spot to watch his mischief. He would come and go, exploring one minute, then coming back for a few pets. His fur was as smooth as velvet. He seemed to agree when I asked him about it.

Together, with Velvet and Lynch, I headed back to Dustwallow, this time with the confidence to slay dragons. He's a sturdy little thing, I have to say. I'm glad I made the trip.

OOC: I've had a monkey before, but couldn't really get into him, probably because he was a color I didn't like, and I didn't want a pick ax model. Velvet actually felt very natural with Soma, and he is surprisingly durable for a cunning pet, taking two to three mobs with a mend pet, which is very important for me. Thanks!

thanks to Kurenio and TygerDarkStorm for the sigs

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You actually made monkeys as hunter pets sound appealing! :lol: I usually can't get into the little buggers but your story almost makes me want to go out and tame one. xD

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Layiaissa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Shandris, Bladefist, Quel'dorei

Unread post by Layiaissa »

Thanks! It surprised me, too. He's kinda cute, too, as opposed to the black skin.

thanks to Kurenio and TygerDarkStorm for the sigs

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Ok, I should have my roll up soon, Tyger. I have the pet and everything, I just have to get off my lazy but and type it up. XD

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Im not sure if this is even allowed, but I made a video this wont happen again either way because the sound editing took hooours so did rendering but anyways here it is. (im a horrible editor and RP writer so that probably might not happen again either -.-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdhcufG34Q

[EDIT] forgot to post my feedback, oops! -.-

Overall I had a good time doing dungeons and stuff with this pet (did more than what was in the video) the model was ok actually, however I didnt like how she always looked angry with me :C I released her this morning but Im thinking of calling the next pet I plan to get (ban'thalos) apples in memory.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Name: Ashdawn
Level: 90
Exotics: Yep!
Restrictions: Preferably a hard to obtain but not hard to find.

(I already have the porcupines tho)
Xenne
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by Xenne »

Ok so hi guys! New to the Petopia Forums but have always used Petopia. Have been watching this post for the past month or so and told myself "What the heck, might as well try it."

Name: Xenne
Exotics: Sure
Restrictions: No Monkeys/Gorillas, Wasps, or Beetles
Rares: I have too many to list but I can always post some about them too =)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wow that's really cool that you did a video. :O Not that it'll be expected of you or anything, but still, that was very cool of you to put in the time and effort for that one. :)

Ashdawn:
Pale Direhorn

I don't think we've had any direhorn reports yet so let's change that. :P

Xenne:
Green and Beige Moth

[/center]
Xenne
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by Xenne »

I was giving the Green and Beige Moth.

Having tamed a moth before with my Night Elf when she was a smaller level, I already had the idea were this was going to go. Logged back on and remember I had just gotten Hades a few hours ago and was trying to teach him, and him do the same with me. He seems to know I had something to do and was so eager to go.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... 55fb0d.jpg
What a cute smile! =)

I started out from the Shrine and stopped on a mountain to the left. Forgot where I was going to find my new friend.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... f2cbb3.jpg

Of course I had Hades waiting for me. I came back to see this message, I forgot how impatient he is.. which reminded me of his color and name.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... 77203f.jpg

Haha, kinda just had to pet him and give him that reassuring nod.
We didn't have far to fly either, just a little ways south to Krasarang Wilds. It did take a moment to find my new friend, she didn't see me as fast as I did.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... e9ed74.jpg

Had no idea I was on a hill, so I kinda feel infront of her. Gave the poor girl a shock and she had flew up a little bit.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... f086d6.jpg

Taming her was easy, she was a few levels under me so I did not get many scratches. Walked around with her after the tame and studied her a little bit. She was still a bit fearful but gave in quickly, guess she felt my calm vibes. It was then she gave me the moment to see her colors. Her blue eyes looked amazing with her green wings! I loved them! Then I saw the purple on her wings with the green, sure she was beautiful but her edgy personality wasn't really my style. She wouldn't make any noise but moved every second. This was a WHOLE different animal from all of my other pets.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... 38009d.jpg

I tried to tell myself i'd warm up to her and love her soon enough. We headed to the beach. Just from the way she turned away from the water when we slowly walked up showed me that this would take a while.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... 955e2f.jpg

Took a few minutes but she finally gave in, slowly tried it out. She didn't like it too much, and could even tell since she didn't really have a difference from her movement on land and in the water. Water wasn't this girls thing.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... 815fc6.jpg

Since the swim didn't go well, I then looked. I forgot to give her a name! Oh, I felt terrible. Not only had this poor creature not really cared for me after having her in the ocean some, I didn't give her a name. I somehow quickly decided to name her.. Flutter. Even calling her by her name didn't seem to calm her down.
Well shoot, why not let her kill something. She didn't seem to like this idea either but did it. The crab I found her to kill seemed to scare her, each time he'd go to pinch her, she'd run behind him and scratch at him. This bonding wasn't going well.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... 4eb2d4.jpg
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab14 ... bb2274.jpg

It was then I decided that Flutter and I wouldn't be going far, plus I still had an impatient, young warp stalker with me. I let Flutter go back to her normal life in the wild. Good luck, Flutter!
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Wow that's really cool that you did a video. :O Not that it'll be expected of you or anything, but still, that was very cool of you to put in the time and effort for that one. :)

Ashdawn:
Pale Direhorn

I don't think we've had any direhorn reports yet so let's change that. :P

Xenne:
Green and Beige Moth
Thanks! :D Im going to consider making more but instead of sitting down and doing it all in 1 sitting ill make it less complex and take breaks so im not sat there doing sounds for 3 hours, cant wait to start working on my direhorn pet! going to be a real challenge!
Keely43
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Keely43 »

Name: Keely43
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None

Thanks!
Keely43
Siggy and Avatar under CoNsTrUcTiOn!!

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! Just keep waiting.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sorry for the delay in getting your roll. Been a while since this thread's been updated and I'm not playing WoW anymore so I kept forgetting. >_<

Keely43: (On the name section use your character's name)
Green Spiked Dragon Turtle

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bump to remind people of their rolls. Also, since I'm not playing WoW these days and don't particularly make use of these forums anymore other than to keep this thread updated, if it remains pretty unused I'm going to close it down as I'm getting ready to get busier and busier in real life doing other things. I don't mind running the thread when it's active, but if it stays this dead I'm going to close this thread down and someone will need to start a new one if it ever gets interest again. No offense to anyone here, but I'd like to make more productive use of my time than refreshing forums for a community I'm not really a part of anymore. :)

[/center]
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

Name: Whynotcats
Level:90
BM:Yes
Has Direhorn training.
Restrictions: Rare beasts for Bloody Rare (not Nuramoc, due to the new rare skin in Winterspring),Frostbitten, or Pandarian rare spawns.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Name: Whynotcats
Purple Hyena

[/center]
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

When I walked through the portal to Hyjal, I wasn't expecting anything odd. The odd, however, always happens.

I traveled to the Southern Barrens to help a friend run Razorfen Downs. But as I traveled over the Northern Barrens, towards Fort Triumph, I froze. Something on the ground caught my eye. I flew down to what I saw and found a creature that seemed ugly and beautiful at the same time.

My immediate thought was "What in the name of Elune IS this thing?" It actually seemed better than the endless days waiting for that stupid shadow hawk to come out of hiding so I could have him as my 25th friend. I thought about taming her, but there was an orc shaman in the distance heading straight for this hyena. She didn't deserve to die! I quickly tamed her and as I did, the shaman cast Frost Shock, putting himself in PvP. I decided to kill him.

When I made it to Razorfen Downs, my friend asked me, "WHAT IS THAT THING?" I smiled. "A friend." My new friend Azureclaw (for those beautiful blue claws) seemed to enjoy running in the wide open spaces. She was even able to meet my other friends, among which were Nayanmel (Duskpelt), Icefang (A certain rare beast) and Seraph (Ankha).

The last thing I'll mention is her raiding skills. She is surprisingly undervalued because Cackling Howl does increase everyone's damage output by a great margin. I was never a standard Beast Mastery hunter anyway. (A BM hunter that uses a cat/hyena because of mastery is uncommon, but if you have enough, they out-dps a devilsaur.)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_062313_143016.jpg
WoWScrnShot_062313_143016.jpg (268.16 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
Kalwen
Realm: Vek'Nilash-A, Lothar-A, Tanaris-H

Unread post by Kalwen »

Name:Kalwen
Exotics:Yes
Restrictions:No monkeys or beetles please

Kalwen
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

[/center]
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Name:Castilian
Exotics:Yes
Restrictions:None

also

Name:Raelyse
Level:22
Exotics: No
Restrictions: Just lvl (she is a night elf btw)

Thanks!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~