Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hi there. Sorry I missed one of these requests. Nice to see more faces here. I will try to get rolls posted either tonight or tomorrow.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cerpin
Realm: moonguard

Unread post by cerpin »

Ooh can I play too? This seems fun!

Name: Kitink
Level: 100
Exotics: yes!
Restrictions: none!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Evandelle:
Green Basilisk w/ Jade Fringes

I dug up my post about how to embed pictures:
Answering the question about how to post screenshots real quick before diving into the rolls (I really ought to make a section for this on the front page xD):
Finduilas wrote:Finduilas wrote:
When in your reply window there's a button "Full Editor" go there, then it changes a bit and you see smilies and colors and all kinds of things. Below the "Submit/Preview/Save draft/..." buttons there's a box where you can search for files in your computer, you choose a file and then click on "Add the file" then it will show your uploaded screenshot as a link. If you click on it while still in the "Post a reply" form it will pop up in a new window and you can copy the link and put it into your text by using [ img][ /img] (just without the spaces) and putting the link of the pic in between. Please make sure your pics are not too big, there are rules about how big pictures are allowed to be here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=123.

An other method is to use an imageshack (or similar) account to upload your pics there and then just copy the links from there to put them into your text with the [ img][ /img].

With the preview button you can check if everything works out before submitting your post.
That's one method provided there by the lovely Finduilas. :)

An alternative method is to load up a free account at a place like ImageShack or Photobucket. On there you'll find a code that looks like this (known as the IMG Code on Photobucket):
Code:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/TygerDarkstorm/Kazfon/WoWScrnShot_102812_120911.jpg[/img]
You just copy/paste that code (your specific code, not my example) into your post and you're good to go! :D

ikceya(Lohuulan):
Ghostly Blue Two-Headed Vulture

cerpin(Kitink):
Gray Quilen

Sorry for the delay folks!

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
ikceya

Unread post by ikceya »

You gave me a really good one. I spent two hours trying to damage an Arakkoa without killing it, trying to pantomime what I wanted some alliance lowbies in the area to do (they almost figured it out, but kept killing the Arakkoa mobs instead of letting them summon the bird), traveling all over to buy a Soft Foam Sword that then didn't trigger the summoning, but finally rez sickness worked. I'll post the review after I've spent a little more time hanging out with this guy.
cerpin

Unread post by cerpin »

Okay, let me preface this by saying that I totally tamed the wrong quilen (there's two in the opening of Mogu'shan Palace and I uh, I tamed the other one...) - I was positive that I was after the striped one and not the spotted one. My bad! Anyway...

Taming this model is quite easy! You can just walk into Mogu'shan Palace and there's a few strutting around at the entrance. Meet Ro!

I decided to take him through the rest of the instance as well just for the heck of it. Along the way I noticed dire beast was summoning a lot of quilens, and having two of them flanking me was quite cool! I also picked up some of the jade quilens in there and lamented the lack of a proper quilen mini pet, because they're pretty cute!

After that, I decided to make a purple-ish transmog to match Ro, and we did some light mount farming.

On our way to check in on Mr.Skadi, we stopped by Grizzly Hills to see if Arcturis was up - no such luck, but the starry night sky made for a great backdrop for selfie time!

Alas, the proto-drake wasn't in our cards today.

After that, I decided to go to Stormwind to get a makeover (and change my transmog back because the purple wasn't doin' it for me), then we headed to the tram to go to Ironforge for fishing dailies!

Ro has a very...helpful nature.

Then I remembered - swimming animations! I'd been wanting to have some in-game beach time for awhile, so off to Stranglethorn we went!

His swimming animation is a cute puppy dog paddle.

Before retiring for the night, we had snack-time in ZG (no mounts there either, alas).

My final verdict is that I'm pretty fond of Ro! The model is really nice, I love the mane and cute scrunched up face. I also like how he acts with the pet emote addon, very stoic and proud. The skin isn't my favorite, I think I'll tame one of the armored stone ones and keep him as Ro ;) As far as DPS output or tanking ability, since pets are mostly normalized now I didn't notice anything special. I'm sure his rez could come in handy but right now I'm mostly messing around casually until Legion drops, so I'm not super concerned with what he would bring to a group. Either way I would definitely recommend a quilen, they're very pretty and a cool exotic pet that I don't see around much!

I'd love to do another one!

ikceya

Unread post by ikceya »

Well over an hour into this exercise.

The taming of the bird. He lost his glow upon taming. It was fortunate for me that Blizzard patched that out years ago, because otherwise I might still be standing there trying to time the taming down perfectly to get him that millisecond before his despawn.

Swimming.

The warriors of the horde cheer their true champion.

Shimmery ghost party. The lighting inside makes him look a nicer shade, more green than blue.

Finally got a name.

He's a neat bird, but there are some things I disliked about him. The model (which I always thought was cool) and textures certainly show their age and are dated even by TBC standards, although there's a fair amount of detail compared to some other oldies. As a carrion bird his special ability is almost never useful when questing. The color scheme, while pretty and vibrant, clashes with EVERYTHING. If it were just the turquoise and black that would be one thing, but the ghostly transparency adds a layer that makes him really stand out.

What I love is the rarity. There's only one mob that looks like this in the game. It's hidden away in the Blade's Edge Mountains, which was almost totally desolate the whole time I was there. They don't just exist out in the world, they're summoned briefly by certain types of badly wounded Arakkoa who have to survive long enough to reach a summoning circle. I've never actually seen this mob in-game before and can't imagine that many hunters tame it.

Despite hanging out all day yesterday and hitting 100 together, I don't feel much of a connection. He'll stay on call for use in battlegrounds and dungeons but otherwise I'll probably use something else.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_072916_204926.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072916_204926.jpg (590.96 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_072916_210023.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072916_210023.jpg (568.82 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_072916_214318.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072916_214318.jpg (444.75 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_072916_222913.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072916_222913.jpg (310.06 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_072916_231318.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072916_231318.jpg (412.47 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_073016_194517.jpg
WoWScrnShot_073016_194517.jpg (468.12 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_073016_195153.jpg
WoWScrnShot_073016_195153.jpg (457.4 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_073116_173136.jpg
WoWScrnShot_073116_173136.jpg (451.09 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Anyone else need a roll before I do one for cerpin?

[/center]
ikceya

Unread post by ikceya »

Can I do another one? It was fun messing around with something new.

Name: Lohuulan
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

cerpin(Kitink):
Matte-Grey Mechanostrider

I haven't played WoW in a few months so I'm not sure how possible this right now so here's a second option:

Dark Grey Worg

ikceya(Lohuulan):
Silver Draenor Talbuk

[/center]
cerpin

Unread post by cerpin »

I really enjoyed reading yours, ikceya! It sounds like the taming was quite an adventure.

Okay, so here goes. I spent a couple of days with this fellow because I didn't seem to quite click with him and I really wanted to try.

As a gnome, I can tame mechanicals already and already had this guy in my stables from when I went to go grab Optimo. I took him out and looked him over before deciding on the name Walker, because he reminds me of an AT-ST from Star Wars (a chicken walker!). He makes a faint clanking sound when he runs that I find pleasant, and I like the noises he makes in combat as well (they're similar to the mount special noises of a mechanostrider).

I took him around and took some screenshots but nothing really came out. He's not very photogenic or fun to look at, being rather plain.

He does match the unpainted mechanostrider mount, so if you'd like to rp that your pet is a mount you could do that I suppose.

Mount farming. He's apparently not very lucky either as we didn't see any nice drops, heheh.

Some fishing dailies. He didn't want to stay in the boat until I made him, and then he started sparking with petemote...look dude, I tried to help you out because electronics and water just don't mix, but you didn't want to listen.

That being said, his swimming animation is pretty nice - his legs kind of fold back and waddle in the water.

Mechanicals don't have a special family ability, so he is pretty standard when it comes to combat. If you have the petemote addon they do some fun emotes (he glitched out and thought he was a teapot at some point). Overall I like the family a lot, but I don't think this particular model is for me.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to keep doing this. Gives me something to do until demon hunters drop, hahah.

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'd like a roll, please!

Name: Rhyela (armory if you need to see what I already have)
Exotics: Negatory
Restrictions: No mechanicals since I'm a nelf :)

I really should be working on questing in Tanaan, but meh. I like pets. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Roll please!

Name: Fluxie
Restrictions: None

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nice to see people getting interested in these again. :)

cerpin(Kitink):
Black Fox

Rhyela:
Ghostly White Demon Dog

Serenith(Fluxie):
Brown Monkey

[/center]
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I'd actually like to try on one of my toons I can't seem to click with many pets on :) if that's okay

Bixy the gnome
Almost 40
Exotics : yes
Mechanicals : yes
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nefretiti(Bixie):
Green Turtle

[/center]
Nefretiti

okie dokie :)

So .. Bixie whent out and got one of the turtles found around Hillsbrad

Meet Tonks

Bixy and Tonks decided to go explore Scholomance accompanied by Ducarius and his companion Smithers who seemed rather facinated with Bixy

Ever curious Bixy got into some chemicals she should not have touched

Afterwards Bixy and Tonks when questing in the plaguelands

Verdict : Tonks is a nice enough pet and over all I like the coloring and model but as Bixy already has a different turtle I do not think this one is a keeper.
With the normalization of hunter pets Tonks just did not feel all that special to me, but that is my personal oppinion, as stated above, the model itself is nice enough and the colors are quite pretty.

I'm sorry if this post was abit bare on descriptions and such, as a first timer I wasn't completely sure on how to write it, I was going to try and make it an rp post but inspiration failed me.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_080616_211914.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_211914.jpg (334.71 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_211919.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_211919.jpg (364.31 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_212515.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_212515.jpg (271.12 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_212711.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_212711.jpg (170.83 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_213753.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_213753.jpg (128.32 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_213900.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_213900.jpg (130.65 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_214714.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_214714.jpg (158.83 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_221704.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_221704.jpg (527.96 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
WoWScrnShot_080616_212354.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080616_212354.jpg (242.21 KiB) Viewed 4081 times

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I tamed mine tonight, but am really tired so I'll work on the report hopefully tomorrow. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nefretiti

I'll try another :)

Bixy the gnome
Level : 47 now
Exotics : yes
Mechanicals : yes

cerpin

Unread post by cerpin »

This is the story of a fox I came to call Reynard.

I decided to tame the rare black fox, Lopex. He lives in a stump in Hillsbrad Foothills. He enjoys hiding in small places, staring at things with his creepy yellow eyes, and trying to eat faces.

I think we look pretty swell together. He matches my favorite outfit and looks very nice and sleek.

Foxes have an ability called play, where they will dance! It's pretty cute. Kit didn't seem too amused by it, though :lol:

Reynard enjoys the luxurious things in life, like fine dining and elven cushions.

All in all, I think he's a pretty good fit! I like the model a lot, and it matches my gnome pretty well. Reynard is definitely here to stay.

I'm just going to keep doing this until Legion drops, aren't I? :oops:

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

It's been a long time since I've been on here, oh well time for a new pet challenge to get me back into the swing of things!
Name: Dragonaa
Restrictions: no Gorillas or monkeys