Determined Spider is Determined -img heavy

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Determined Spider is Determined -img heavy

Unread post by Furiku »

So I started up a baby hunter and thought that I had picked out her complete stables already (with a few slots for rares that might come in the future and such.) but someone disagreed with my choices.

I was taking my baby hunter on a little adventure, to just see how much of the world I could see as a level 20. My path took me through Deadwind Pass. At the beginning I paused to see what had aggro on me that dropped it so quickly. As it turned out I was blind and didn't see the spiders that were hanging above. Luckily I had a good lead on them so I took off screaming. Some spiders I can stand, but I do have mild arachnophobia and being charged at by giant freaking spiders triggers it.

I keep running and manage to make it to the first alliance post in the Swamp of Sorrows. I happen to glance behind me and oh god there's still a spider following me some how. So I take off screaming and running around the camp hoping the guards will get it. By chance I target the spider, and it's not aggroed on to me or anything. It's just following me. Eventually I try to fly from the flight master and end up saying screw it when I'm not dead despite the fact the spider is right behind me.

Um hi there spider. What am I supposed to do with you? (and why yes, I was talking to myself in that screenshot)

So I figure I'll continue on my little exploration adventure. My spider buddy wasn't hurting anything and I still didn't know what he wanted, plus I couldn't exactly chase him off as a lvl 20, so I let him tag along.

And yep, I died. I fully expected spider buddy to be gone when I got back to my corpse but nope! He was there, and immediately ran to my ghost when I got in range. To say I was surprised was an understatement.

Ya know you aren't that bad spider Buddy! You're actually kinda cute. 'Course if you try to eat me I'll just get on Fu and show you who's boss.

Eventually I get fed up of the area I'm in and the rez timer I'm racking up. So I decide to rez at the spirit healer but I can't help but wonder what my buddy is going to do when I do that.

Apparently he can read my mind.

So we continue on our adventure, me, my horse, sider buddy, and Arden the grumpy old wolf who doesn't like to appear all that often but is still lurking around. He likes to grumble about having to pup sit and how he had a nice cave but the old grump likes me. He just hates to say it.

We reach a good spot to camp and Arden immediately claims the stump. I don't know why, but he does. Maybe he likes to pretend he's tall. (He is kinda short) Spider-Buddy chills next to me and honestly, it's a great way to end our little adventure.

And as it turns out Spider-Buddy was just lonely and wanted me to tame him. Sadly I can't tame him yet, but the instant I can I"m heading back to Deadwind pass and I'm getting my spider-buddy. I didn't have a slot set aside in my stables for him but he's wormed his way in. I think he's rather cute now actually. The whole time I was sitting there imagining him giving me puppy dog eyes.

I guess I'll have to think of a name for him while I level. Though I could just go with Buddy...

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Determined Spider is Determined -img heavy

Unread post by Lisaara »

They're bugged so badly for some reason but its funny. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Awww, that's adorable! What I wouldn't give to have a spider mob follow me around like that in-game (I love spiders IRL!). :D That's one of the prettier ones, in my opinion, too.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Now you're supposed to say "He followed me home. Can I keep him?"

Shucks, the poor spider probably saw you and figured you were a good person. Like you, I'd figure it was a sign that I had to go back and tame the fella when high enough level.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Awww, cute story.:)
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Seems like Buddy wants to help you with your Arachnophobia :) And I agree with the others, it's a sign you should tame him when you reach the level.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Sorry, for double post, but this screams for your thread. I was heading to Outlands today and look whom I found sitting just outside the portal in blasted lands smack in the middle of some npcs. He/she was only sitting there, doing nothing, perhaps visiting the elder. Who knows? I ran around him/her to see if I could get aggro, but nothing.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012912_120511.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012912_120511.jpg (328.61 KiB) Viewed 1701 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

This is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buddy is so sweet! :D Make sure you tame him, okay? And SS when you do!! You can't pass up such an epic story for a tame. <3

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

That is the best story ever! :D It would be amazing if it never left your side until you got to the right level for taming and then tamed it. I think you should call him buddy, you've already put that tag on him would it feel right naming him something different?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Okay, I thought I commented on this topic before, but apparently I didn't. Just have to say this is the most awesome story ever. :D <3
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I have seen these guys bugged out in Stormwind a few times now. The guards go crazy trying to kill them so they usually draw in a crowd. The last time I saw one there was a large group of people dancing with it until some jerk flew in and dropped an explosive trap which killed it (apparently that's the only way it can be killed). It was a sad day when I found out invincible spider was not so invincible after all. :(

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar