The First Pet Your Character(s) Bonded With?

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: The First Pet Your Character(s) Bonded With?

Unread post by Rhyela »

Those are cute pictures! :D I love tigers IRL, too. :3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Orionis
Realm: Argent Dawn - Horde

Unread post by Orionis »

Would have to go with Rotting Agam'ar in RFK, Still have him and always will. :hug:
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Unread post by Karin »

A long time ago, this was back during the Burning Crusade when I first started my WoW adventure. After going with the fact I just had to have a hunter while I was on my very first toon watching everyone with their pets, my first toon was put into retirement (months later for good) and I rolled a tauren hunter named Warah. Braving through the first ten levels without a pet, it did seem like a slow process. I admit, I was a newb when doing the pet taming quests. I had no idea I had to send the pet I tamed to my hunter trainer to complete the quest until I was on my last charge. The third tame was indeed the toughest one, one of the vultures that are known to stun. After making another long trip to TB to turn in my last part of the hunter quest so I can finally start taming a pet, I had a debate between a wolf and a cat that I've seen. I almost decided on a wolf but I got my cute orange cat instead.

Seeing as I am a sucker when it comes to picking names from movies, I named my new cat Diego from Ice Age. My cat looked just like him, except he had a tail and the coloring on his paws are slightly different. He even helped me to make an easy win on a duel against a druid about my level. He stuck with me until the very end when I deleted my hunter after returning to WoW realizing weeks earlier my account was hacked and I had to get it back. I admit, there were a few times I wanted to get another cat, a rarer one, but Diego prevented me from doing it.

Next pet was my turquoise scorpion, Scorpio. Looking at another hunter that had one (I know it was a black and red one but I always keep thinking he had a straight red one for some dumb reason), and that I loved scorpions, I was determined for one as my second pet. This was also at the time I was about ready to travel further south down the Barrens to do the silithid egg quest. Upon arriving at the place, I saw nothing but bright turquoise scorpions everywhere. I was all, "Bingo!" I went for the swarmer because I thought it will keep that ability to spawn adds after tame. Again, another newbie oopsies but I was very happy to get this scorpion nonetheless.

Then for my third pet I had a real determination set out on a pet I want so badly but there was no way to get one until around level 55 or so. I so wanted the white owl. I don't remember whether I did try to look for Olm the Wise once or twice but I think he never showed up so I decided to go for one in Winterspring. This adventure between my second and my third pet was a very long one, it seemed. I even made newbie mistakes trying to see if I can get to Winterspring from Darkshore (which was a very huge mistake when a dumb alliance ganked me for no reason) then Azshara when some nagas owned me. Then I realized, there was no other way to get to Winterspring but through Felwood and I worked my butt off to be at least friendly with the Timbermaw so I can pass through their home. I finally got my white owl after that. I so wanted to name her Aria but when I found the name couldn't be used, I went with Ariana instead.

Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade

Unread post by Roxhunt »

I have bonded most with Loque but he's not the not the pet I use most because I'm not in BM spec a lot. My mage's hearthstone is in the basin because a hearth out there to check on him occasionally for other hunters. I've have killed many of the opposite faction when they were trying to kill him. lol

Humar and Skarr....I love them both and are probably the pets I run the most with on both hunters.
RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

When I first started wow back in late Vanilla my first character was a Night elf Hunter named Mazura I always loved wolves back then so the only pet I really used was a white wolf named Vespen

(only pic I could dig up back then I didn't know about screenshots till lvl 30 and BC had come out >.< was the biggest noob)

he was my very first pet I bonded with in Wow history and was reborn as my ghost wolf Vander when I made Mako

After quitting Wow I returned in wrath and made Makonea and the pet I bonded with, heck the only pet I ever used was my ghost saber Frostbite

I did everything with Frostbite; he was my one pet that I didn't switch out back then. I didn't use anything else while leveling only Frostbite, we were inseparable

I didn't switch pets until level 74 till then He was my one pet. Mako was never without her ghost kitty

When I hit lvl 80 I brought Frostbite back in the spirit of my Loque, Vortex who was the first spirit beast I bonded with and he replaced my beloved ghost cat (got Arcturis first but I didn't bond as closely as Vortex)

Vortex is one of the few pets I still use as much as I did years ago. Even though the names are different I still refer to him as my Frosty Kitty

Back then I used Vortex as much as I had Forstbite while leveling. If I ever switched him out my friends would even ask where he was because it was unnatural to see us without one another

He's my Frostbite reborn I still use him to this day as much as possible. It's even weird to not hear his roars when I pvp he's one of my closest spirit beasts and cannot be replaced in my heart

My pets have been a big part of my wow life but these are the ones I bonded with so closely while leveling, Now my main pet is Rampage my devilsaur but before I got him these were my family and partners through my journey in Wow

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

You know, I never really honest-to-goodness bonded with any of my pets until patch 4.2 released. I just saw them as, well, pixels that killed stuff for you. But that all changed when I was browsing Petopia and saw 4.2 news. I looked at the new pet skins and saw some epic spiders. One skin, however, really caught my eye. The purple one. "Oh, this would be a cool pet!" I had thought. When 4.2 released I grinded my way into that portal and began roaming around and doing dailies. I hadn't really seen any of the rares before, so one day when I checked the Forlorn Spire (just, in case, he was there), I got a huge surprise.
A big, fiery purple spider was sitting near the edge of the rock. Untouched, not engaged. I got excited and (not knowing how to do the challenge) tried taming. I died. Tried again. Died. Tried again. Died. Finally I asked my guildies to help me and we eventually figured it out. Meanwhile some other hunters gathered around me and tried ninja-ing my tame. But in the end I finally got my spider. Some cheered while some /spat on me. I looked at that spider and we clicked instantly. Now, I didn't know what to name it for a while, but in the end, I ended up naming him Phobia, a little joke on the fact that I have a strong fear of spiders (in real life. I can tolerate lava ones in WoW). He's actually helped me get rid of my fear.
I took that spider everywhere. Never got rid of him, he stuck to me like super glue. He's the first pet I've ever bonded with, and I go with him everywhere.

Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!