Rolling For Da Pets Journal

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Rolling For Da Pets Journal

Unread post by Karin »

I was so excited to come up with a new journal for collecting pets, I rolled a new worgen hunter just to rock n' roll. I have also decided to go for the random rolls so whatever pets I roll on I am gonna get. This was honestly why I am excited to start a new hunter and have fun with taming pets decided by anonymous. I am also definitely gonna go BM, so I will go for exotics whenever I can. I am going to come up with images of what pets have been chosen for me in the next post. In the meantime, I shall introduce you to the first member of my temporarily small family.

Meet Peritas, my mastiff. At first, I didn't feel much consolation to owning a mastiff since I am not a huge dog lover so I felt it to be a challenge when I made my worgen hunter. However, while leveling in Gilneas, this dog seems to know how to fight. I am not too fond of its animation, especially when it shakes its head but I've grown to not be too bothered by it. I also concluded my mastiff is a she and named her Peritas. This came from a small scene in an NCIS episode where Ducky talks about a mastiff Alexander the Great owned long ago. I am still a sucker for not coming up with original names but I am sure Alexander won't mind me naming my mastiff after his. I never plan on doing PvP events, so all Peritas' ability will be good for will be to make sure the mobs at low health don't escape. I really hate that, which is why I love my Concussive Shot while I quest.

Okay, I hope I get a good team. Fingers crossed. :headbang:

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Rolling For Da Pets Journal

Unread post by Rhyela »

I look forward to seeing what you get! And I think Peritas is a great name. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Upcoming List:
Sapphire Hive Drone(Wasp), Drakkari Rhino(Rhino), Sporewing(Sporebat), Romping Rhino(Rhino), Farunn(Rhino).
Highlands Fox(Fox), Landing Crawler(Crab), Blackrock Battle Worg(Saberworg), Blind Hunter(Bat), Elementium Spinner(Shale Spider).
Pyreshell Scuttler(Crab), Sunburst Adder(Cobra), Drywallow Snapper(Crocolisk), Tsul'Kalu(Gorilla), Rock Stalker(Spider).
Jadefang(Shale Spider), Deep Spider(Shale Spider), Turquoise Scarab(Beetle), Basking Cobra(Cobra), Darkclaw Bat(Bat).
Warp Hunter(Warp Stalker), Bladewing Bloodletter(Chimera), Ironbeak Owl(Owl), Sporebat(Sporebat).

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ferocity: 4, including Peritas.
Cunning: 10.
Tenacity: 11.

LOL, talk about undiverse. Plus, I can tell I won't be getting many ferocious pets either. Oh well, I won't mind a moving fortress of tank pets. I will update once I have tamed these pets mentioned above the pics.

EDIT: Re-edited cuz I forgot the gorilla. Thanks so much for the heads up, starkittens. As much as I would've loved the nether ray, it was an extra pet out of miscount. :)
Last edited by Karin on Tue May 01, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Eee, a Romping Rhino! I totally approve. <3

And remember, in MoP, you can make whoever you want fero. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

You left out the gorilla in the pictures.

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

First one to tame is the Highlands Fox. Again, being a sucker for not picking original names, I went with the name Miles, from Sonic the Hedgehog. Tails was also known as Miles long ago.

Where I found Miles. He was standing right next to the Gilneas version of Stonehenge, just waiting for someone to comfort him, as he was a very lonely fox out in the middle of nowhere. I knew someone like me had to give this wily creature a new home.

I couldn't get a good picture of Miles not giving up without a fight because I think one of my addons was interfering with it to be a good picture. He barked and snapped wildly, but that ended up becoming a no match for love.

After some cured ham steaks, the new fox settled down after the fun has gone. After a minute passed of that, he was given a new name and a new membership in the slowly growing family.

So, looking back to his old home for the last time, both Miles and I set out on our adventure together, along with Peritas. I sure hope they can get along. I never really saw the Disney movie but I've heard the title.

Twenty-three pets to go. Since I only have two active slots available, Miles will have to be babysat by the stable masters while I set forth on another pet that is just within my reach.
starkittens wrote:You left out the gorilla in the pictures.
Got it re-edited. Thanks for letting me know.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Np. Nice fox! You should name a pet Silvre, it's a cute name. it would probably work best for a silver of white pet..

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

starkittens wrote:Np. Nice fox! You should name a pet Silvre, it's a cute name. it would probably work best for a silver of white pet..
Sounds like the perfect name for my future gorilla.

Actually, I might have a different name for it, but I do have plenty other light pets I can give that name to. Either the albino rhino or the crab. Bat I've already decided to go ahead and give it a name I've used before.

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Next up are one of the low-level Northrend saber worgs that now live in the small starter area for humans in Elwynn. Seeing as I was already human, this was a cinch for them to accept me in. :lol:

While visiting the small forest area, I noticed some Stormwind guards were practicing their swords on these poor creatures, no matter how vicious they looked. I had a hard time because I know I couldn't take them all home, and besides, reincarnation does come in pretty quickly, which in some cases it is sad.

So, while staring at them, they were everywhere, indeed. At least they thought I was one of their own at first. As one was gradually getting closer, I had to choose. This worg saw me trying to love it and it went right for me, not caring about anything else.

Within seconds, this worg was mine, safe from the harm of the nearby Stormwind guards. That didn't stop it from taking a bite at one of the rogue orcs though. I had a slight difficulty of what to name him. At first, I thought Ferocious but that name was set on fire right away as soon as I found another name that suits him perfectly.

Meet Wereworg.

Yes, so, instead of it being werewolf, it makes better sense for wereworg to work.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

:lol: wereworg, along with the were-human-wolf, nice.

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

One of the crocodiles in Dustwallow were next on the list. One of those more common crocodiles that people do intend to shove to the side because of that. I had no problem taking home a common-skinned reptile with me though.

These crocs were well known for striking at their prey when they least expect it, whether it's underwater or in this case, behind tall grasses near some shallow marshes. This one almost caught me by surprise but it did give itself away with its loud growling. It must've saw me and was immediately hungry.

I promised that if it were to come with me, it would have all the steaks it can eat. The crocodile fell for the trap, was tamed, and was given loads of steaks to chomp on. The reptile still growled loudly around its surroundings but no longer at its new master.

I had to come up with a crazy name since that song wouldn't stop playing in my head while figuring out what to name my new croc. It's one of those "Later, alligator. After a while, crocodile."

Heh, I can imagine that reptile's expression like, "What'd you call me?!".

Well, that is three pets tamed. 21 more to go. Looks like half of these I am gonna tame will be well after the Outlands.

Kalliope

That's an adorable name! <3

YouTube Edition

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

YAy another pet journal :D <3 huggles. I loooove the name Peritas such good reference :D

And While is just brilliant :D IT was the croc skin i was thinking on getting on Norrathia but settled for the green one.

Gratz on all your tames and its deffo a fun way to play a hunter :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Best crocolisk name ever. Best.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Whoa, I'm glad y'all like the name I chose for my croc. I was skeptical because of that song I listen to at my workout. :lol:

All right-io. I woke up an hour ago. I'm gonna see if I can tame some more pets today before going back to leveling and questing. I do hope the rare white bat will be there waiting for me.

EDIT: Eh, I guess I'll have to check and see if Uhk'loc will be around. It is hard to explain my situation without getting warned I am not supposed to say it. I mean, look at my realm name. I'm probably gonna be told to get rid of that now. :cry:

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yep, I agree - that name is awesome!

Congrats on your new tames!!! I think that fox skin is the prettiest. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Long wait aside, I've managed to snag three more pets into my army. Granted, I have the hardest time finding names for these cobras without thinking of Harry Potter or Pokemon. Yet, I believe I've managed to.

Pet number four to tame, five in total. Meet Sahara.

The trek through the long and blistering desert known as Tanaris was not pleasant, although at that time of night, blistering wouldn't exactly be the type of word to use. More like freezing with the sands blowing around, making sand dunes build and fall among the age-old bones. Finding one of the basking cobras (at night?) out in the middle of nowhere, I got a shot of it at a bird's eye view from my Eagle Eye before taming it.

After taming her, she seemed quite pleased to be my new pet but with snakes you can never tell what they are thinking.

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

One cobra down, one more to go: the ruby-encrusted one.

It's unsure how these guys were turned into ruby and yet they've lived. Well, better alive than dead. Caught a shot of one looking at the full moon just over the horizon.

However, its fangs clearly were not turned into ruby. With that, they looked as vicious as they would on a normal cobra.

It took me a while to come up with a name for this snake. Anything like Ruby or close would be way too obvious. Then I remembered a small story I read in class during high school about a king that turned everything into gold by simply touching them. Yes, this snake isn't made of gold but imagine the king being able to turn things into ruby instead. So, I named my ruby snake Midas.

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

After reaching a high enough level to solo the slightly new RFK, I went there in search of the rare white bat that is usually always absent unless if very lucky. Tonight, though, I was very lucky to find him on my first run. No need to run through the boar people several more times to get the pet I want.

Hanging out with the other bats, this Blind Hunter did seem unaware of what was to happen, especially when a worgen hunter stepped in to tame him.

Oh, and I just had to reuse a name I used for another white bat before. Movie names sucked in again :lol: ! Meet Bartok:

Bartok had no problem taking on the last boss and giving me the achievement.

Kalliope

Hee, I like Midas's name. :) And the black serpent is rather underrated! Good choice there.

YouTube Edition