Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 22: Scorpids!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 22: Scorpids!

Unread post by Miacoda »

Recently tamed a scorpid on my troll, Kilalan. :D
His name is Menefer, which is an Egyptian name meaning "Established And Beautiful"
He's not Madexx, just a common brown scorpid, which is why I gave him that name. Commons can easily be established and beautiful. They dont need to be rare. <3 *huggles her scorpid*
^That wasn't rare hate btwl. Just common beast love. <3

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Jeez.. what to say?

I always tried to bond with scorpions; always, always, always, but the old skins and their obviously vanilla models didn't allow me to bond with them. I love them a lot in terms of design and animation but the quality is just awkward to me. In all honesty, when the beta was around - I think I was most excited about Madexx. Even moreso than the silithid colossi and that says quite a lot.

That was until Cataclysm when Madexx was datamined. Yeah, that model was a hit and a homerun.

From that moment on, I pledged to myself that I would get Madexx but I wasn't motivated to level my hunter.

Now we skip forward to ~2 months before Mists of Pandaria's release and I have a fully leveled hunter and a mission.

Because Argent Dawn(EU) is such a messy and popular server I have had no luck with Madexx during fly-overs so I picked up a placeholder from the Firelands:

Jeir and Meskhenet staring off into the distance

Meskhenet seemed her usual chirpy and cheery self; it still captured Jeir's attention (and affection) however..

Her name is Meskhenet: I found that name when I was searching for egyptian names for my new, loved scorpion. It means 'Destiny'.

Once I get my blue Madexx, my Meskhenet is getting a paint-job but I'm never-ever getting rid of her. I've had her for only a day now, but I already think she's going to be a second Horakk in terms of capturing my affection.

I believe this because I already bonded with her even before taming and just seeing a picture of her model. (blue Madexx)

The only time that happened was with Horakk, my tank/mount model tan silithid.

Yep, I doubt I'll ever let go of her.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

This morning I had the squeal-worthy (tiny masculine inner squeal x)) joy of catching a blue Madexx by the tail and as such, Meskhenet (egyptian for 'Destiny' as mentioned above) had her paintjob and she doesn't seem to be all that unhappy with her new(ly colored) body!

Actually I was cursing the RNG gods because I found Madexx yesterday in the evening before I went to bed; it was a black one and as you could see above, it was the one I had.

I chose to set my alarm to 8:00-9:00 approx. 12 hours after I had (sadly been forced) to kill the black Madexx (it felt shitty looting that crystalline tear) and it seems that the RNG gods and Madexx himself felt bad for me and a blue Madexx graced my screen at 9:02 in the morning after logging on with good hope and flying over, spamming my /tar macro.

A good look at her beauty, and her name fit her well: 'Destiny'.

"Yaaaaaaay!"

Once we got back in Stormwind, Meskhenet became a bit shy and hid in a tent. She had to be lured out.

Once she came out of hiding, the portal out of which they originally stepped to exit Uldum seized her attention and fascination. Her owner couldn't hold his chuckle.

Meskhenet appears to favor a slight height. Take a look at the camera!

"Smile!"
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Awww, she's so cute when she's shy. Congratulations!!! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

A new scorpid has made his way into one of my hunter's rosters!

Definitely not something I had paid much attention to before, but the combination of pewter, taupe, and turquoise make for a rather lovely looking scorpid! He looks so darn good standing next to my Orc too! Meet Drakara's new pet, Savas:

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Ever since first discovering the Madexx model, specifically the green variant with the purple detailing and yellow-orange eyes, I was reminded of the old Transformers subgroup the Constructicons, whose original incarnations shared the same colorscheme.

Originally, I considered naming him after the Constructicon team's excavator member, as his power-shovel arm was reminiscent of Madexx's scorpion-tail, but "Scavenger" just didn't seem a worthy name for such a beast. So, although it didn't entirely fit, as the robot in question had a wheel-drive payloader for a vehicle-mode, I chose to name him after the team's leader instead.

The problem was I had nothing to attach the name to, as Madexx was a rarespawn I'd never seen in any color, let alone the green I wanted. So thus began the long, long hunt. Finally, after months of off-and-on searching, I spotted Madexx for the first time - and he was green! Perfect!

And thus into my beast team came Scrapper.
Image Image
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

<3 I never was a super big fan of the old models, but I do love the madexx one. I tamed a black/bronze/green/red foreverrrr ago like at the start of cata...ended up releasing all but green (funny that ended up being the rare).

I love their little dance. <3
ImageImage
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Tried to bond with many different scorpids, but never saw one that really called to me, until the MoP x-pac. That's when my race changed NE to Panda hunter was out running around doing dailys to get her 'Wakener' title, had her bi-color worg, Jimmy Jacobs, at her side questing when she spotted one of the armored scorpids. All lovely and black with gold accents. She turned to the worg with a little grin, and said "I think we just found your 'little brother', Jimmy. Let me send you back to the stable for a sec so I can bring Tyler home." After a few moments, my hunter had her scorpid, Tyler Black. Yes, I flat out refuse to use his WWE ring name, his indy one fits with most of my wrestling stable anyways, as their all named with their indy names.

I'd tried every different scorpid look, even rare ones, and never found one I really liked. Not until I saw the common black and gold armored MoP one. Much love for the awesome looking common pets. Not everything's got to be a rare to be special.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Couldn't agree more!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.