Almagest is welcomed back home

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Almagest is welcomed back home

Unread post by Vephriel »

Some of you might remember my blue scorpid, Almagest. It had always felt like a fated match from the night I flew out over Uldum and discovered him waiting for me in the middle of the night. He took upon a scholarly personality, full of the need for exploration and discovery. He loved to chart the stars and investigate the old tombs and temples of Uldum.

As fond as I was of him, I was drawn to the green Madexx as well. It took two sightings to finally give in and tame him, and once I did I was quite literally dazzled by his colours and the way he matched Veph. They looked so good together, it had to be meant to be...right?

I agonized over deciding between my two scorpids, having two just didn't sit right with me. In the end green won, despite literally everything else pointing towards blue (I had a stronger bond to Almagest, a fated tame, my friend even rolled his special dice for me and it chose blue). Somehow I ignored all the signs and picked green, but...it was a surface bond. I liked the aesthetics, but I had no real connection. I couldn't even find the right name. I cycled through a few possibilities, none of them ever quite clicking. All that held me to the green Madexx was the colours and the way he looked beside Veph.

Tonight I finally realized that I had made a mistake, and that green was just not cutting it for me. I released my green Madexx, knowing that as much as I appreciated his appearance, there was no bond to be had. I was trying to force it which left him feeling empty and without character.

When I had let Almagest go, I knew that I was sending him off to gain more knowledge. I imagined him moving on to discover new secrets and venture out into the world. It's only natural that he would be drawn to the lost continent of Pandaria to seek its wonders.

I couldn't help feeling guilty over his abandonment, however, so by the time I found him, it was almost too late. The Sha had reached him before I could.

Using a totem to cleanse his hatred, I slowly helped Almagest to return to his former self.

By the time the light dissipated, I knew he was back.

We have some bonding to do, and I have some apologies to make. He'll never be quite the same as he used to be, there's a darkness within him that he can never fully recover from, but he's strong enough to hold it back, and this time he won't be on his own again.

Welcome home Almagest, I missed you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Almagest is welcomed back home

Unread post by Ana »

I loooved that story. Good that you have him safely home again

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Whiskeyjack

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

The stories you craft for your pets are simply amazing, I always enjoy reading them.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

that was... beautiful!
the hair on my arms was standing straight up.

(real life intrudes and breaks the magic of a beautiful RP) I'm presuming that isn't a Madexx?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61299

I love how he returned to you, Veph! :hug: It always felt strange when he wasn't at your side.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Awww...I'm glad you got your baby blue back. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Awwwwwwww.
Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

Haha cute, I saw those sha-touched scorpids for the first time this week and wanted to tame one! I wanted the smoke effect to stay on them tho.
Vephriel

Thanks you guys!

Nope, not a Madexx this time, just one of the corrupted blues from Townlong. :) I didn't mind either way, it was about him as a pet and a character rather than a rarespawn. I'm actually glad I had this opportunity, it seems that the pets I let go of and retame later are the ones that end up with the strongest backstories. The thought had hit me when I quested through Townlong and saw the sha-touched blue models, and everything fell into place so naturally that I knew it was how Almagest was supposed to find his way back to me.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bah. Doesn't need to be the madexx. You tamed him once as madexx. You don't need to go through that hell again. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:Bah. Doesn't need to be the madexx. You tamed him once as madexx. You don't need to go through that hell again. XD
Retaming Madexx wouldn't've conveyed the same evolution either. There's more to it than that.

YouTube Edition

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I always considered it a damn shame that you let him go, because personally I thought he fit Veph to a tee. So glad he's home.
Vephriel

Mozag wrote:I always considered it a damn shame that you let him go, because personally I thought he fit Veph to a tee. So glad he's home.
D'aww. I really was kicking myself over it, not sure what came over me when I thought I could let him go, but things all worked out in the end and now I feel even more attached go him. :)
Kalliope

Vephriel wrote:
Mozag wrote:I always considered it a damn shame that you let him go, because personally I thought he fit Veph to a tee. So glad he's home.
D'aww. I really was kicking myself over it, not sure what came over me when I thought I could let him go, but things all worked out in the end and now I feel even more attached go him. :)
Orpheus approves this message.

(Of course he would...)

YouTube Edition

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Loved that! Welcome home, Amalgest!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aww, don't beat yourself up too bad! Sometimes it's through "mistakes" like that that we come to appreciate our pets even more. You have a wonderful story for him, it was great reading it!

It also makes me feel slightly better knowing that I'm not the only one that slips and releases certain pets, only to come to regret it later. Not that I'm happy you did it, of course, it's just now I don't feel quite so bad about it. It's easy to get into that "must have matching pets!" mode, and then we can sometimes lose sight of what makes certain pets so special. ^_^

My Madexx story was slightly different. The first tame wasn't the fated one, it was the second. And the second one was the one I tried so hard to not bond to since he wasn't green. But, like you said, all signs pointed to it and I finally relented, and I don't regret it for a second. To this day, I have still never seen green Madexx. It's like WoW fate was trying to tell me something. :lol:

Welcome home, Almagest!!! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.