Best pet unexpected pets

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Best pet unexpected pets

Unread post by Sasrei »

Anyone else have unexpected pets they tame and can't believe they like?
Sasrei- hibernus the sleeper aka rebirth (who I will be getting back in 5.3... stupid buff pets keep taking my space ... wish pets would bring the buff that's needed..)

reika- skitterflame aka Tarumae

Saon - crow - nevermore (this one surprised me the most but with her firery gear it looks awesome and its sooo much fun using murder of crows when you have a crow pet out)

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Best pet unexpected pets

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hmm...I'd have to say a monkey that I tamed on my Worgen alt. I always thought I'd hate them, but it's funny and cute!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

ImageImageImageImage

It's not that I didn't think I would like them but more that I didn't realize HOW MUCH I would like them xD

I can't get over how much I love my worm, heh.
funk#1402

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

since vanilla WoW I've detested turtles..

and I tamed one of the pretty blue turtles from isle of Thunder (or whichever is the starting area for that zone) and now am totally and completely and helplessly in love with my pretty Kamé.

I even found a turquoise turtle battle-pet to match.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I have two pets that I didn't plan to tame, but found their way into my heart.

Ptaysanwee has Hototo. He was Qirot in the wild. As I was leveling Ptay I ran across Qirot and killed him, thinking nothing of it. I had no plans to tame a wasp. I just could not see a wasp fitting well with a Tauren. However, that night I couldn't stop thinking about it. The next day I checked if he was up and thankfully he was. Hototo has been one of Ptay's favorite pets since.

Wassa's unexpected pet was Dziko. I never thought much about worms before I tamed him. Worms were just such goofy pets for a hunter to have. When they gave worms burrow attack I decided might as well try one out. I just grabbed a teal one quick and took him to solo a few dungeons and I fell in love with the aoe, and his wormy smile. Even after they nerfed burrow attack to drop all aggro, I still used him over my turtle for tanking. He was my solo tank up until MoP when I could spec him ferocity.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

My red armoured raptor Velocity :D Now my fav surv pet for sure!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I actually have only one surprise tame that I fell in love with currently. I am usually the type of person who carefully plans out all my stables before I tame anything, and remove pets as my bonds fade or don't form. Then I go ahead and carefully plan new stable additions. I very, very rarely tame anything on a whim.

I didn't intend to do it this time either, but after having a really challenging time on the red spirit porcupine when taming it for my Dwarf, and a fun time taming the green one for my Goblin, I thought I'd give the blue one a try, for the challenge. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it, and after Degu I felt quite invincible. My first attempts went awry, as I kited Gumi up the wrong path. On the third or fourth try I got the hang of it, and was just about ready to tame him on my Night Elf, so I hit Deterrence, clicked Tame Beast, and oh...cool...not in BM spec. Splat.

So I went to bed, as it was really late, but swore I'd come back and get him the next day. And in the morning, after one failure, I managed the tame. Sure, it wasn't as challenging as Degu had been (he killed me 25 times), but somehow I found myself attached to the little fellow. Now, I am not one for spirit beasts in general, let alone the completely transparent, boring blue ones, but I loved this guy. I think he's gorgeous, and he has wormed his way into my Night Elf's heart and stables.

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Degu - wasn't a big fan of porcupines, but after the challenge of the tame (and avoiding that damn tiger), I think it's a grudging like I have for him. It took me ages to tame him and I'm going to get my worth out of his spiky hide dammit! :D

But one pet that I tamed recently and found hanging around unnaturally longer than I'd planned was Snark, the rare Hyena. Become quite smitten with him tbh, and looks as though he'll be around for a good while, especially if 5.3 and our expanded stables are going to be along soon :)
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

For me, it's my blue beetle, Plink. I adore him. I tamed him after taking my Tauren pally through Tanaris and I felt terrible for the beetle that you pilot through the hive and blow up, so the next thing I knew, I was down there taming one, and his name became Plink, because all the attacks just plink off of him like they're nothing.

Since then, Plink has become my go-to tank for soloing old raids. He's soloed all the way through BC and partway through WotLK, and a lot of the dungeons in Cata. I love him so. <3

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Stompy the rare gray goat from the mountains in Kun Lai. I was out doing some archeology up there when I spotted his tracks. Being as it was still really early in the new x-pac, as in less than a week since it'd come out, I knew about the new rare tracks mechanic but hadn't read up on all of the new ones yet. Wondering what was up there, I started dropping flares around until the goat popped outta stealth. Once I spotted him, I knew I kinda had to tame him, as he was standing there looking at me as if to say 'well? you gonna give me a new home or not?'

Never expected I'd bond with a goat of all things, but he's really kinda cool looking and not many hunters use goats for pets that I've seen. So it's nice to have one of the lesser-represented pet families tagging along with me. I also like randomly sitting around clicking on him to hear the baaaaaah sounds. Yes, I'm easily amused in game sometimes. :lol:
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Funny enough, it's Otso, my spirit bear :) I think it's fate. Or karma for keeping my starter bear safe and full of fish.

It was somewhen in 4.2, and I was a 7x newbie, still learning the game (I'm a wow-latecomer :P). I have just started to think then about taming myself a spirit beast. I was looking through pet models on petopia and wowhead and the bear was actually my 2nd least favourite, wining only to the crab. As the beast was to replace my cat in the endgame I was looking at cat spirits, and the jewel was Loque.

So that one day I decided to take a short break from questing. I was going to do a fishing trip up the river in Grizzly hills (I loved that place and still do) for fishing-lvling and a chance for the mount, starting from the Ally town there. I flew down from the taxispot, found first pool just next to a bear-less islet and pulled out my rod, my starter bear Karhu by my side, happy to eat all the fish I caught (haven't discovered AH yet then :P ). After a few minutes the pool was empty and I swoop my camera around looking for the next one. And there stood Arcturis, looking at me.
OMFG-and-all-the-saints-it's-a-rare! I quickly dismissed Karhu and tamed the spirit, in my newbish haze forgetting to even trap it or stoneskin myself - it did hurt :P . And so I had my first spirit beast, though intended to be temporary, as I was planing to release him later on and get Loque...

Now Otso is my no.1 pet.
I have tamed a crab spirit for lols and pvp, and for fitting the cacti-stalker pvp set of the season when I dinged 85. I don't use him since mop pet talent changes, though.
I have never tamed a cat spirit, and I don't think I'm going to. And when I finally found Loque, I killed him for the achi without any remorse :P

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)