"First" Pet

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

"First" Pet

Unread post by Rhyela »

Herro guys, guess who's back? :P Technically, this isn't Kris' first pet since I started out with the dragonhawk, but it is my first tame. Huzzah!

I initially wasn't going to go for a lynx since I've already got one on Ariela. But in the very first zone, there's that quest to kill lynxes and lynx cubs for their collars. I refused to kill the cubs because they're just so darned cute and tiny and I couldn't do it. Well, wouldn't you know that one aggroed somehow (do they aggro if you kill their mama?), and I didn't have Passive for my pet yet, so I had to kill it. I was heartbroken.

However, it occurred to me not long after that I am on an RP server, and dang it, if I want to RP that it survived, then that's exactly what I'd do! So yeah. In this little story, the cub fell unconscious from exhaustion after fighting "valiantly" (in his cute li'l cub mind) against Kriserys. Rather than slay him, she gently and quickly removed his collar to fulfill the quest, then wrapped him in her cloak and put him in her backpack. She couldn't bring herself to kill the tiny cub, and she knew she had to keep him hidden because the townsfolk wanting her to slaughter lynxes wouldn't approve. But she just felt that if her people can be redeemed from their taint, then so could this adorable, fierce little creature.

The poor little guy was shaky and scared at first as he began the process of overcoming the land's taint, but with some TLC, and food from Kris of course, the little guy started to recover. He recovered quite quickly, in fact. Something about the taint and the hearty meals accelerated his growth, and before long he was full-grown. He was still wary and kept his distance for a time.....

(Edited and continued a few posts below.)
Last edited by Rhyela on Wed May 07, 2014 12:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Re: "First" Pet

Unread post by Hisae »

Aww! I like that!

I tamed one of the pandaren tigers as I know you can't get one till Pandaria. I did the same as you, the hermit instructed to kill the tigers as they became aggressive due to Shen-Zin-Su becoming injured. Riyon had to save one because she could see that with all the pandaren and horde were slaughtering them all!

So my first official tame was the pei-Wei tiger and I named her Lightning because she is really fast. Rayon watched her when they fought the lizards and she was just a blur so the name stuck!

Great minds think alike! :)

Riyon is tired from her journey to SW AND sparring with the King! O.o

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Lupen, definitely. ^^

I started my trial back in December of 2007. My hunter back then was a draenei female. I was clueless, but one thing I knew was I loved dun morogh. So, when I was able I left the draenei starting zone and went to level there. Then I stumbled on timber. I never saw the worg models before, and he was rare. God I remember how amazing traveling and finding rares was back then... Well, I leveled to 12 and tamed him ASAP. And he's still with me.

He'll be eight this December. xD

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

What an enjoyable read! It must be quite interesting leveling that way, Rhyela. You will have to skip a lot of quests, but in an RP way it totally makes sense. Can't wait to see what else you tame on your travels!
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yay, stories!!! :3 This is why I love you guys! It's not about my tame, it's about OUR tames! <3 <3 <3

Anyway, I think I'm gonna change his name. Remus never sat right with me. I originally wanted something starting with an M that sounded kinda cute because he's Kris' adorable widdle cub (not so much a cub now). After some thought, I've decided on either Mishkin or Mishnu. I think Mishnu sounds a little more elven, so that's probably what I'll go with.

Unfortunately, I'll have to abandon this one and tame another one since there's no way I can afford a scroll. That's okay, I can make it work somehow, RP-style! ;)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Kriserys hadn't seen Mishnu in a while. She knew he had been tracking her, curious but cautious. She missed him, but understood that as a wild creature, his needs came first, even if it meant leaving the one who'd raised him.

She had trained very hard to learn how to calm a beast and invite it to bond, so she thought she'd give it a try. She spotted a nearby lynx and, perhaps because she missed Mishnu, decided to tame it. The tame went off without a hitch, and she named her new friend Remus, in honor of Dath'Remar.

It wasn't long after, however, that she sensed Mishnu's presence again. Though she had another lynx dutifully serving by her side, it just wasn't the same cub she had raised and nurtured.

Another day went by before it happened. She was near Fairbreeze Village when seemingly out of nowhere, a lynx came rushing headlong out of the woods, heading straight for Remus. Kriserys recognized the intruding lynx immediately - it was Mishnu. He stopped before them and roared a challenge at Remus. Remus growled in return, and before Kris knew it, the two lynxes were a mass of fur and claw and tooth. Mishnu's size and ferocity proved the better of the two, and he roared triumphantly as the injured Remus ran off into the woods, never to be seen again.

Her fleeting sadness at seeing Remus leave (his injuries were not severe) was overshadowed by the pure joy of her beloved "cub"'s return. Only lightly injured, Mishnu looked proudly to his mistress, and she knew in her heart that their bond was complete even though she never formally "tamed" him. She was unsure whether it was protectiveness or jealousy, or perhaps both, that caused him to return. Or maybe, just maybe, he never truly left at all, and simply had to decide for himself his place in the world. Whatever the reason, Kris smiled warmly and embraced Mishnu about the neck, taking great comfort in his presence.

(I had put Remus in the stable with the intent of trying out another lynx, just to make sure I could bond with it before abandoning the one I already had. Certs of Ownership are expensive, so it was re-tame or nothing. Interestingly, I had no sooner made it to Fairbreeze village and ventured out that a lynx attacked, and I was distracted and didn't see it until it was already on me. It reminded me so much of when Mishnu attacked out of nowhere as a cub, so I knew he was the one, and the story fell into place. Woot!)

Attachments
Kriserys and Mishnu.jpg
Kriserys and Mishnu.jpg (562.08 KiB) Viewed 2338 times

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

my first tame was the worg Gorefang in silverpine forest being horde and all and when i reached lvl 30 i tamed timber just like lupen except i had to wait till lvl 30 to survive a trip through arathi highlands. wetlands, loch modan and dun morogh to tame timber and i had to kill a bunch of alliance guards to get there back in 2005
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ahhh yes, the "run across the world in your underwear" adventures, all to tame one specific creature. I've done my share of that too. Having your face chomped off every ten feet was.....something else. :lol:

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Unread post by Karin »

Rhyela wrote:Ahhh yes, the "run across the world in your underwear" adventures, all to tame one specific creature. I've done my share of that too. Having your face chomped off every ten feet was.....something else. :lol:
I remember that experience well on my very first hunter back in 2007-2008. This was not about my first pet, per se, but rather my third and last.

After briefing through Petopia, I noticed there was a white owl sprite and my heart just melted on sight. They were absolutely gorgeous, which reminded me so much of an angel character in a really old game I always liked.

So, it took me a painstakingly long time to finally get to a high level to travel to Winterspring and get one. I believe I was around level 40 at the time when my dream came into fruition, so you can imagine what I had to endure in order to reach that dream. Since I was still a novice at WoW at the time, I had no idea the only way you can get to Winterspring is through the Timbermaw Hold after Felwood. One day, I traveled through Azshara and ended up getting completely overwhelmed by nagas, and then later on through Darkshore only to get ganked by a dwarf hunter after accidentally killing Grimclaw. I was just so eager to get to Winterspring.

I did not give up though. After arriving at Felwood, I figured I must be at least friendly with the Timbermaw in order to pass through their hold safely (again, I did not know "unfriendly" was the bare minimum). After dealing with the level 47-48 furbolgs and a seemingly endless stream of ELO and America music, I finally got through the hold and onto Winterspring. Yes, I was aware Olm the Wise was in Felwood, but I never saw him around whenever I was ready.

I think I was at a high enough level to tame the lowest Winterspring Screecher I could find, but when the bird constantly silenced me and interrupted my tame (another newb mistake of not using freeze trap or scare beast first), I ended up going with one of the regular Winterspring Owls at level 56.

Due to my high anxiety of naming my new owl after the angel, I decided to give her a close enough name, Ariana. It fit her perfectly though, and she remained as my third pet. I was very happy with my choice of pets back then, since I had one ferocity, one tenacity, and the owl being my cunning, and they were pets I just loved as favorite animals.

I also enjoyed the fact owls could use Screech back then when they were their own family, which makes me wish the owls nowadays still have that ability because it makes sense.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh what great stories!!

My first hunter was Castilian (she was just Castile back then) the tauren. I made her in vanilla (2005) - I can't remember her very first pet but the first I went out to tame was the clutchstrider mother (green rare tallstrider). I had to run into night elf territory to do it and for a rare she was pretty strong then! Her chicks owned my face several times before I enlisted the help of my friend Robdog who had an alliance warlock. He came along and killed the chicks for me so I could tame her :)

I named her Emerald (or emmy for short) and she was my companion forever. She even went on raids in BC and wrath! She was so famous but when I swapped pets for a change an officer (a very camp one which made it sound even funnier) said on vent "Castile ...what is THIS?"...."Its my pet?" "No this is not your pet! Where is your chicken? I can't raid without it skawking at every boss...sigh go and get it!" rofl!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Rhyela wrote:Ahhh yes, the "run across the world in your underwear" adventures, all to tame one specific creature. I've done my share of that too. Having your face chomped off every ten feet was.....something else. :lol:
reminds me a lot of getting one of those level 5 hawks in Howling Fjord - at level 10...
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I leveled in Barrens, as a dwarf, in order to get a particular colored wing serpent, and to camp Dishu (later: Ocelotl). If I remember correctly, I had ran through STV at an extremely low level in order to take the boat to Ratchet. And it was such an ordeal to get to Barrens, I didn't leave until I could no longer get experience there. By that time, I had learned exactly where to stand so that the Ratchet guards would jump my many would-be (and often successful) gankers.