Greetings, I'm Rinoa Lyon!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Greetings, I'm Rinoa Lyon!

Unread post by Hisae »

Good evening! I thought it was time to post a topic about my hunter. :D

Her name is Rinoa Lyon, Rin for short. She is a former Archmage who has traded her staff for a bow/crossbow and the company of animals rather than the elements.

Meet Rinoa and Haruki! Haruki was a spur of the moment tame as I was waiting for Humar to spawn. Interesting story about this one. I found this lion just laying alone between two groups of huntresses and cubs, he would get up look around then go back to sleep. Something in me said to see if he would want to be Rinoa's true companion/starter. I cast the freezing trap a few steps away to where if he wandered in it would go off but not right on top of him. I watched Haruki pace forward after it landed. He walked away and I thought "Oh well" but what surprised me is that he TURNED AROUND and walked the extra step into the trap! I quickly tamed him.

His name means "Sun, Sunlight, Radiance/Life" and he sure does fit the name beautifully, just look at how he glows.

I'm going to try and post more tames! You've all inspired me and have made my love of hunters grow. :) :hug:

Thank you
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Greetings, I'm Rinoa Lyon!

Unread post by Rhyela »

Welcome to the addiction! :lol: Seriously though, it's good to see another hunter.

I also had that lion a very long time ago. I ended up trading him in for Echeyakee (and have had my beloved Tetsusaiga ever since [more or less]), but I still remember his name - Regal. The models are very aged now, but they still hold a certain appeal. I think they have lovely faces.

Congrats on your tame! And Haruki is a very handsome name for a very handsome lion. ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: Greetings, I'm Rinoa Lyon!

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I have a nostalgic love for those lions. Back in Vanilla/BC any new Hunter I had would first have a gold lion from the Barrens, and then at level 23, would go tame Humar. I still go look for Humar whenever I'm near Ratchet just to say hi. :)