Share your ~level-scaled world~ tames! [img heavy]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Share your ~level-scaled world~ tames! [img heavy]

Unread post by Funk »

I know we have a thread for showing off Legion-era tames and another for showing off Argus tames, but now that Classic-MoP content has been revamped for level-scaling and some allied races are out, I suspect many of you are re-experiencing the old world. Perhaps on an allied race, or maybe one of the regular races? I'm making this thread for those who aren't keen on making their own thread, but maybe still want to show off their new-old tames.

I just got my baby nightborne Ystelle to level 91, and while I don't have a massive stable to share, I've definitely enjoyed taming old beasts again. I actually power leveled some random hunters in the summer, but after my hiatus and with the world scaled now, the experience definitely feels new again (not as new as, say, actual *new* content, of course, but I'm enjoying it).

Now, her first pet wasn't tamed, but I'm still pretty stoked on having a non-spirit beast manasaber. Here is Arcana:
(Not the most creative name, I know, but it works for the time being.)

The actual order of Ystelle's low level tames is hard to remember; I didn't tame a whole lot, and spent most of the time with Arcana out. Nonetheless, here is Astre:

I grabbed a few others, but I'm *still* not sure what to keep yet, so maybe I'll add more screenshots later.

Once she hit level 60, I switched Ystelle to BM and went on mini taming spree. Here are Mignon and Mandelbrot:
(Update: Mignon is now named Grimace.)
(Mandelbrot is, of course, Jellybean 3.0, since I've deleted Onogi... for now.)

Additionally, an unnamed serpent:
(Update: following in my tradition of defaulting to mathematicians, the serpent's name is Laplace. Ystelle also tamed the lovely purple serpent, who is named Lagrange.)

In Outland I grabbed a few more creatures for Ystelle. Meet Galois and Sol:
(Update: Ystelle also has a purple nether ray named Fourier.)

As an aside, I absolutely love the animations of the mana wyrms, much to my surprise!

At level 81, Ystelle grabbed her own pink crane, named Lazare:
(Update: Lazare is now named Bonbon, and has two siblings.)

And at 84, a very sleek water strider, dubbed Cauchy:

At this point, I decided it was worthwhile to go to Hyjal and quest there until I had the Molten Front unlocked. I did that, and two levels later, Ystelle stepped into that fiery hell to find Deth up and waiting.

Meet Sinistre:
(Of note, he was level 88--while I was 87--but as we now know, still tamable. I tamed him the old fashioned way.)

I then took Ystelle to old Karazhan and grabbed yet another mana wyrm, Vin:
(Update: Vin is now named Carquois.)

And, since Isle of Thunder is level 85-90 now, I grabbed a still unnamed runed turtle for Ystelle:
(Update: the turtle's name is Shoe.)

Who tagged along for diversions in Vashj'ir:

Ystelle is now sitting at level 91 (as mentioned) and I think I'm going to take a break with her before I send her off to Draenor.

-

I also have Sol, a light-infused farmer who is 100% done with everyone's BS. He's still level 20, and both of his pets are still unnamed:
Last edited by Funk on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
funk#1402

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Share your post ~level-scaled world~ tames!

Unread post by Krysteena »

I was hoping a thread like this would pop up at some point :) A lot of my new hunter's intended tames are MoP onward, so there's only a few to show at the moment. Also, your pets are gorgeous, especially Astre. I kinda forgot that those mana wyrms are tameable now :lol:

First is Manas; the manasaber turned cat that Vyonne started with. While I initially intended to retame him as a spirit beast once Vyonne got to 110, I've rethought that action plan. I'm already much too attached to him as he is now. I like to think that he started out as a manasaber, and then by the time Vyonne is 110, he's much older and either doesn't use his magic, or it's 'run out' or the like. Even then, he's still Vyonne's go-to, and she trusts him like no other. He matches the Arcanist Manasaber quite nicely, as well, which is always a plus.

Hell-hoot, now known as Lunastra, was an unintended tame that only happened because the owls nearby her weren't spawning, and I'd gotten bored. I did always like the colours of this particular model, but it wasn't until I tamed her that I realised just how pretty she actually is. Lovely subtle lilac and blue hues, and the eyes are actually blue as well, even though they look kinda green in her portrait. Lunastra is very capable of handling herself, which comes in handy for the times I accidentally tag too many mobs and get swarmed. I'm pretty sure Lunastra is either the first, or one of the first, female pets I've tamed. Krys has all males, and Kali also has all males, while Vyonne has this girl, and a few other girls, planned.

This devilsaur has been tamed on every hunter I've had (which isn't many, but still), and each time I've abandoned him because the colours haven't been right for that hunter theme. Vyonne fits perfectly, and I knew as soon as I tamed him that she was definitely keeping this boy. He initially ran around under the name of 'Vigil' because I couldn't think of anything, but, after a good day or two of thought, I renamed him 'Ishka'. I'm trying to keep a nice array of names that sound like they'd fit the pet of a Nightborne hunter. Ishka doesn't really sound as french as it could do, but it's stuck now. He's a mean boy who has a soft spot for his mistress, and is very protective of her. While he's intended to be quite quiet, maybe only giving soft rumbles to announce his presence every now and again, the in-game model does not do quiet. There's nothing quiet about it, really.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Ahh I'm glad someone else actually wanted this! :P

And thank-you! I'm actually not *certain* I want to have Astre, as I don't like the colours as much as I thought I would. But, I will see. I love that we both grabbed the same Devilsaur. It's such a pretty model but I've also never really desired to keep it before.

Ystelle is at level 102 now and although some of her new tames are Legion-specific, I'm going to post them here for continuity.

I got lucky and found Ban'thalos up, and so for all of Draenor Ystelle had Isolde by her side:

I don't think Ystelle tamed anything in Draenor. I thought about the nice moths and fireflies (which certainly fit her aesthetic) but they are pretty big pets and I've got a moth and firefly army on my Draenei hunter anyhow. :P

Once she hit level 99, I took Ystelle to Legion content. After getting her MM artifact, she grabbed a few new beasts:

This guy is unnamed still, since I'm leaving Ystelle as MM while I level her to 110 (and he's a spirit beast, so... yeah).
(Update: his name is Delphinus.)

I love the doe model. :) Her name is Doux.

Two screenshots of my still unnamed owl. I made Ystelle a special transmog just for him. He seems to aggro stuff a lot. I'm quite fond of him.
(Update: the owl is female, and her name is Manon. She is still very mean.)
(Note: if you are on WrA Horde-side, I am willing to craft the Netherfury Belt/Leggings/Boots for free if you supply the mats.)

I also took Ystelle on a brief diversion to Northrend and grabbed two older model pets:

Unnamed crystal spider. Not sure if I want to keep it, but it's quite pretty and I haven't tamed one in a long time. I might take some brighter screenshots later.

A rune pup! His name is Azur. I actually tame him in Winterspring well before level 60 but abandoned him because he didn't click at the time. With a matching transmog, it would seem he's a keeper. :)
Last edited by Funk on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
funk#1402

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Ystelle is 110 now!

She's not in heritage armor yet since I'm still a bit salty about it being a robe only :/
It is very beautiful though!

Another turtle! No idea on a name, yet, as usual.
(Update: this turtle's name is Bastille, since Ystelle didn't need another turtle with a silly name. :p)

-

Although I'm not leveling him yet, Sol did tame a few things for fun:

This is his coyote, named 'Dog'. I love the animations on this model still.

Sol also tamed a playful little boar. No name yet!

While this is not a tame, I felt it necessary to show off Sol's main mount:

It's the perfect size...
Last edited by Funk on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
funk#1402

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I need to get my computer running again... :cry: I really love your Nightborne characters, guys!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Love this thread, I keep meaning to make a post here with my Nightborne but I can never find the time to compile screenshots. :lol: Soon!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Rhyela I hope you can play soon D:

At least there's no rush in unlocking and leveling the allied races... I was just eager for heritage armor.

& Thank-you Veph! I hope more people post soon so it's not just me and Krysteena :lol:

I edited a few of my posts to include names of pets who were unnamed. I also have some *more* updates on Ystelle:

1.) She has let go of Astre and Sol. I like to imagine they live on her parent's vineyard, though. She also let go of the crystal spider, for now at least.

2.) I've sorta decided that she keeps beasts not just as combat allies, but also as household pets. Her most beloved of these pets are her cranes: Bonbon, Loulou and Doudou.
Note to self: re-take the Loulou and Doudou screenshots in better lighting.

3.) Ystelle has some more tames to show off, some old and some new:

This is Beau, one of Ystelle's kitties. He's one of the more-of-a-house-pet tames, I think.

Another kitty! I remember Lyndras (iirc) mentioning owlcats being his pet, so I figure Ystelle should probably keep one as a pet, too. Currently unnamed.

A grumpy cat. His name is Grincheux. He was an early tame that I wasn't sure about keeping; but after deciding that Ystelle likes to keep house pets, I figured out his purpose.

Savoir, Ystelle's little knowledge-seeker. He's a clever little friend, and another low-level tame that I only *just* decided to keep.

Not an in-character pet for Ystelle, but this is Margaux, in memory of the NPC, who was rad. I had tamed Ankha for Ystelle at first, but it just didn't work out.

Finally, I'll probably grab The Kurken for Ystelle, but I cba to get her to Azuremyst yet.

Ystelle is probably one of the least diverse of all my hunters, but I don't mind it. As it stands, her main combat pets are Manon, Arcana, Carquois and Grimace, but she's only been out of Suramar for such a short period of time... ;)
funk#1402

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You've levelled your Nightborne super fast, woah. Vyonne is still sat at the wonderfully low level of 64, but I intend to fix that today or tomorrow :lol: Shame to see Astre and Sol go, but I love seeing all the new tames you've made! Beau is an absolutely gorgeous addition, if I may, and that whole model and colouring is just so pretty~ At first i was iffy about the new nightsabers, but they've really grown on me, and the lilac variant is definitely why :lol:

If I make any new tames on Vyonne while levelling, I'll remember to post them here :)
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Thank you c:

The lilac nightsaber is lovely, but definitely check out the grey and dark purple ones too. The brown doesn’t feel as impactful imo. The only thing I don’t like is how absurdly wide they open their mouth to yawn; it looks like their mandible is going to be torn off. D:

I think I may have to rename Beau though, I kinda want current Beau to be a combat kitty and Ystelle’s combat pets dont really have “pet names”. Maybe new Beau could be The Kurken? Could you imagine a nightborne-style vineyard with a two-headed hound named “handsome”?

Hmmm.

Edit: I also might give Mandelbrot (but with a different name) to my nelf, who canonically spent some time in Silithus and Tanaris. I love the colours for Ystelle but I’m not certain her character would like a scorp outside of curiosity.
funk#1402

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh, yes, Krys has the grey one already, and I do plan for Vyonne to get the dark one as well :) I'm ready with names and everything, it's just that slow climb up to 110 beforehand. Those yawns they give are actually terrifying :lol: I remember that being one of the reasons I was initially iffy with them. Now I've just learnt to look away and hope for the best.

To be honest, I could definitely see a two-headed hound running around the vineyards, answering only to favoured treats and the name of 'Handsome'. He would be a very good boy indeed. The best boy, even, and a great protector of the vineyard.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

My new Moomoose with her new buddy! Still thinking of a name. Buata there is only 26! I was lucky enough to catch the egg up on an alt hunter, break it, and relog into Buata for her new friend to be waiting on her to tame.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Krys: Eeee I love the idea. I just need to... get Ystelle to Azuremyst. In the meantime, the cat has been re-named 'Dusk' and Ystelle's scorp Mandelbrot has been "moved over" to my nelf. I can't wait to see more of Vyonne's tames. :)

Thwip: Congrats! Buata's tattoos(?) match well with Gon. Do you have tames planned out or are you just grabbing whatever you feel like?
funk#1402

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

I'd actually love to run with a pet theme on this one since it's an extra on my main server simply for the heritage armor leveling. I know I want THICC heavy built pets, but I'm open for suggestions on what else people think would fit a Highmountain Moomoose. :D I also personally think that's warpaint, I couldn't turn down that nice blue color. Maybe I'll collect blue or grey pets on her.

I already went out and tamed a nice new black bear model as well since bears are ambling around in Highmountain. I tamed Gon because the pocket heal while leveling is amazing and I figured it was easier to get him since the poor Fox is likely camped all to heck with all the new VElfs running around leveling in Duskwood. I think a fox would fit with the theme nicely tho!

So far those are the only two I've picked up!

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Dusk is a good name, I like it :) I eagerly await the arrival of the good boy that shall be Beau~

Only one tame has been made since my last update, or one tame that has stuck so far. I find that, although lots of pets look good on Vyonne, they don't click as much, or prove to be a pain to name :lol:

Initially named Thalos, and then Aluriel a few minutes later, I'm now reconsidering going with the first name because it seems to fit more. Thalos (pronounced Talos, despite the 'h' in there) is a pretty boy. He's very much a vain creature who spends more time cleaning his feathers than he does doing anything useful. That being said, he's very protective of his mistress. If Vyonne is interacting with someone other than himself, he'll wrap himself around her and clack his beak and make all sorts of horrific (and some cute) noises until she pays attention to him again. He also likes to rest his head on her shoulder a lot, seeing as her supporting his weight is much more comfortable than flying, anyway.

I think that Thalos is going to be the one I run around with until around 80, when I can then go to Pandaria and pick up a couple more intended tames. How long it'll take me to get to 80 I've no idea. I just know that 2 areas in Northrend got me up 10 levels, so it can't be all awful :lol:
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Thwip;

Ooooh warpaint sounds about right. Well my Tauren hunter had a bug theme of all things, haha. I showed off some of her bugs on another thread here. If you like bugs, silithids and beetles are pretty rad.

I presume you'll be taming a moose and/or oxen/musken/shoveltusk so I can suggest other things.

If you like grey/blue and 'thicc', you can pick up a rare grey rhino as soon as you can get into Winterspring, at level 40 (there are actually three rare rhinos in Winterspring!). There's also a grey clefthoof in Outland (in Terokkar, which you can tame in at level 62) and a nice blue clefthoof in Draenor (level 90+ etc).

There's also scalehides. This one is not blue, but the furry brown kodo is loved by many and looks great with Tauren, and is located in Mulgore. There's a blue mushan in Pandaria that's quite pretty too, and Pandaria can be entered at level 80 now (although you should need to be level 81 to tame beasts in Valley of the Four winds). There's also stegodons in the scalehide family that could be worth trying out. Note that their model is almost certainly being changed in BfA.

Although not a stockier beast, a lion could make a nice choice. There's black, gold and white. There's also a number of cats in Winterspring, namely a blue cat. I like their model because it's less sleek than other cat models. There's also Sambas with the nice blue eyes once you get to Twilight Highlands (still level 84+).

Another non-stocky suggestion, but I've always felt carrion birds look great with Tauren, and a number are getting updates in BfA (this may be a good or bad thing for you depending on your tastes).

If you like reptiles for Buata, then the blue hydra (a low level pet) could be worth trying out. The model is old but I am still fond of it. Once you're level 85, you can go to Isle of Thunder and grab a blue devilsaur. There are also direhorns, of course.

As a final note, although the model is old, these turtles have a lot of charm still and could be worth checking out.

-

Krys;

I love Thalos! He looks so nice with Vyonne!

As for leveling, I must say that 80-90 was extremely quick with automatic flying in Pandaria now, and if you have Draenor flying, 90-100 is a breeze. I recommend leaving Draenor at 98 and getting your artifact weapon, then going back to Draenor until you hit 101 (and your heirlooms step up) since you still get good exp from bonus objectives and such until level 101. You could also stay in Pandaria until level 91 for the same reason if you'd like.
funk#1402

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thank you~ :)

And thanks for the tips, I'm definitely looking forward to both Pandaria and Draenor. Northrend is so much better than Outland, but it's still not great in comparison to Pandaria imo :lol:
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Ok, here's Ystelle's pup:

-

Now, this is not entirely relevant to this thread, but I've also been tinkering around with my velf hunter, Talyse, who I've used my boost on. Part of why I boosted her is because I imagine she spent most of her time as sin'dorei and participated in TBC-WoD stuff as such.

Still, she has tamed some old world beasts so I'm going to include her stuff here. It's pretty much a big ol' WIP of a back story, but with screenshots of tames.

Anywho, Talyse was a ranger and(?) falconer but also kept horses and other equine, and other creatures at her leisure.

She has two wolves which helped her manage her property (which is now lost):
The first wolf is 'Therolar' and the second is not-yet-named. Evidently both survived all the perils of the sin'dorei. Therolar is a bit of a doofus.

She lost all of her falcons in the scourge invasion, but a raven remained (along with her falcons, she had kept a young raven she found injured):
His name is 'Zenith'. I'm not sure if I will make her courser IC or not. I'll probably work him in somehow.

For many years after, Talyse holed up with her companions, struggling to survive. When the time came for the sin'dorei to make the pilgrimage to Outland (only to be betrayed by Kael'thas), she joined, but she was closed off and focused.

As a full-on assault on Icecrown became apparent, Talyse set off for Northrend. To her horror, on her way she found that one of her falcons, Findel, had been raised. When the Lich King fell, Talyse was able to find and re-tame Findel, in a sense.

And from then on, Talyse took great sympathy to undead creatures, and they sparked her interest in the different forms of magic and the ways they corrupt and change creatures.
The first spider is 'Shaldyr' and the other two are not named, yet. I love the bone spiders so much...

In Northrend Talyse first heard of the titans and the old gods after the Seige of Ulduar (Note: maybe she heard of them before but never thought much about them, IDK). The Nerubians in particular fascinated her, and her studies/word of mouth lead her to the supposed prison of another Old God, in Silithus. (I presume she wasn't present for Silithus shenanigans in Classic, so would take all claims with a grain of salt.)

In Silithus she attempted to learn Shath'yar to no avail (probably for the best), and found the cultists idiotic and impossible to get any solid information from. She studied many of the creatures here, and held (for a long time) the belief that any insect-like or even arachnid-like creature must be spawned from an Old God, or descended from such a spawn. Of the drones, she found the worker beetles most manageable, and also found many scorpids living between the hives.
The scorpid is Xanthus, who Talyse finds oddly aloof. The beetle is unnamed, and I might swap it out for a different colour.

She'll also probably tame this guy:
If it ever becomes possible.

South-east of Silithus and Ahn'Qiraj, she found that many more scorpids lived, farther from the hives, in Uldum.
Here Talyse tamed Fornax, who has proven unpredictable and difficult to handle.

In Pandaria Talyse was naturally drawn to the dread wastes, and here she found another scorpid, Pyxis.
While the corruption of Pyxis seemed to deplete on its own, he remained fearful still.

When the chance to go to Draenor was presented, Talyse enthusiastically joined. She had heard of the broken Arakkoa of Outland attempting to summon an Old God, but had been laser-focused on assisting in the efforts against Kael'thas while she was there. Additionally, to see Draenor pre-collapse was intriguing.

Although the world was relatively free of corruption (especially in comparison to Outland), Talyse found several beasts which she hypothesized to have the beginnings of fel-taint--coincidentally, these happened to be creatures very similar to ones she knew to live on Outland, too.
None are named and I'm not sure if I'll keep them for Talyse, yet. (Although I'm almost certainly keeping the Warpie--I love her colours and I've tamed her on sooo many hunters and only on Talyse does she 'click'.)

In Draenor Talyse also found a wasp strangely similar to those she studied in Silithus, causing her to reconsider her "all bugs are old god spawn" theory.
She named him Sarvex and he has been a powerful companion to her. This is probably my favorite tame for Talyse, aside from her raven, Zenith. :)

Talyse also finally got to meet the Arakkoa, and was quite fond of their academic nature and sympathetic to their struggle after having been corrupted. She tamed a kaliri, who is not yet named.

Eventually Talyse encountered the void wolves of Shadowmoon valley, and it is here she began to take interest in the void and study it.
This is Azuriel ('transferred' over from my nelf, actually).

I'm not sure at what point in her personal story Talyse goes with Umbric and co. to study the void, but I like to think she joins them after the events of WoD.

So she spent most of the Legion content timeline banished and studying. In the aftermath of her transformation she tepidly joins the Alliance, and travels to Argus to study further.

Here she meets Valadir, her void Warpie:

And an unnamed Talbuk:

She's got a few other tames but I've not taken screenshots yet.
funk#1402

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Share your post ~level-scaled world~ tames! [image heavy

Unread post by Thwip »

Oh my goodness, I love all these suggestions! That certainly gives me a good idea of what to shoot for and I'll add more to the thread once I get to leveling her more, for sure! I've been having to split my time lately on working a VElf monk to 80 for a Herald run soon, so I've not had time to play Buata as much as I'd like.

Once I get around to traversing Azeroth on her again, I'll certainly update you with what I tame!

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Eee, Beau is looking good! :D a good boy!

I also loved reading Talyse's tames as well! Your screenshots are gorgeous, and Sarvex matches amazingly with her transmog in particular!

I've also got a boosted Worgen who I intend to get to taming on eventually, but idk if that counts? It's in the same realm as Talyse, and might actually give me something to post with more regularity :lol:
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I honestly don’t mind at all; a big point of this thread was to give people an outlet to show off tames from not exclusively Legion content, without necro-ing old threads from past expansions or forcing them to start their own thread (which you can do, if you want, since this is the show and tell subforum).

If you’re out and about taming things in content other than only Legion and don’t want to start your own thread then I don’t see the problem. I included my Legion-era tames on Ystelle and Talyse here simply for continuity.

You are also welcome to include backstories but ofc do not have to.

I am going to start the level grind on Sol soon so I’ll likely give real time updates for him; also welcome to suggestions for his tames! His rough background right now is that he’s a farmer who lost everything and is now an angry light-infused war machine. He likes cute animals still though, since they weren’t the ones who killed his family.

Sol is on my og realm, Mannoroth, which is pvp so this should be fun. I’ll make a gank counter :p
funk#1402