YAY! Oh drat!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

YAY! Oh drat!

Unread post by Shade »

So last night I hit 65 on my latest hunter, a worgen. Given her name and race, I am mainly focusing on canine-ish pets, so as soon as I hit 65 I went hunting for Lightning Paw.

Eventually found the beast right next to a level 60 horde hunter. Now I know you cannot tame spirit beasts until level 65, so I swooped down and started taming. Midway through the tame a higher level goblin hunter came in and tried to tame.

Sooo I figure the lowbie hunter was helping the higher level hunter search, but I got in the way. So now I feel like a heel for taming, because that goblin was after it too, I just got there before them.

Ugh.

If you are out there, goblin hunter, I am sorry! I didn't know what was going on until after I was done with the tame. Many apologies!
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: YAY! Oh drat!

Unread post by Dewclaw »

In all fairness, it sounds like you didn't know the other person was looking to tame until it was too late, and I personally would never try to tame something out from under a tame already in progress the way that person did. Sounds like just a case of messed up timing. Hopefully the goblin will get theirs soon but grats on yours.
XTJ10
Realm: Velen

Unread post by XTJ10 »

i forgive you, but i was looking for him for fun to announce to other hunters, and i already have him. i was waiting for you to tame it, unfortunately alliance players and horde players cannot understand each other without the elixir of tongues sold by the alchemist in the underbelly in dalaran (legion), so i couldn't tell you. so in reality, I should be saying sorry to YOU. i created my petopia community account like 5 minutes ago, and i saw your post. i IMMEDIATELY felt guilty. i'm sorry :(
Last edited by XTJ10 on Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

We can still use some emotes at least to communicate with each other.