Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by Kormai »

Why am I still awake?

HAHA Tyger, you're such a good sport! That's the same model I have on Kormai and I rolled it for myself...I HATE spiders! But it looks good with her so I kept him.

Veph
Tan Bat

Sochi (Matalina)
Grey Tallstrider

Enjoy 8-)

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Kormai, this report is special just for you. :P

Got Image as my challenge.

To be quite honest, I bloody hate spiders, I'm terrified of them and many of the in-game models creep me out. I cried the first time I fought Hadronax (lame, I know), and I despise the fact that they're enlarging all of the rares because they did it to the black widow in Silverpine on live and when I first saw the legs of that thing appear in my screen, I screamed and about jumped out of my chair. >_<

Anyway, moving on, I decided to go nab the Blade's Edge version of this skin (was hoping Maexxna was tamable for some non-pvp related adventure, but oh well). These little buggers are *very* hard to see, even at high levels, you have to practically be right on top of them before you'll see 'em stealthed.

My report for this thing will be rather short as it does creep me out and I'm fairly familiar with their abilities and whatnot.

All right, starting with the looks category...I rather strongly dislike the spiky outlands spiders. My boyfriend and I both went "Ew!" when we saw what model I got. :lol: But anyway, I know there's plenty of people out there who can give these guys love so I'll be objective as I can.

The coloring on these guys is interesting, yellow and black on their legs and body, which is then covered in red spikes. I nabbed a few different angles of shots so you can get a good view of just how much these guys have going on on their bodies.

They are very bright and very striking, definitely something I don't see walking around very often, if at all, on my server.
One thing I was impressed with is their movement animation, they run pretty much just like real daddy long legs do. They sadly do not have a swim animation.

Sounds....ugh...I can tolerate the screechy squeal thing they do when you send them in combat...but I threw a freak-out fit when I realized what the squishy noise was when I was idling. Every now and then when it idles and moves its legs, it makes this disgusting squishing sound that makes me think of their legs stabbing flesh. I spazzed out in my chair for a good minute before turning my sounds down. I'm sure someone will appreciate the creepy noises they make. >_>

Their little web ability is a ranged root that lasts for 5 seconds on a 40 second cooldown. They make great PvP pets although I imagine that their web ability needs to be micro managed so that you use it at the best possible moments since the spider will use it as soon as it's in range. Their web can even be useful if you need to kite things around in PvE. :)

I specced this guy with a combo damage/tankish build, took him out to Twilight Highlands, and picked up the daily for the high shaman. Level 81 spider tanked the dude like a pro (not sure if the NPCs helped or not >_>). He hardly took any damage and only required one misdirect (my poor DK took quite the beating from that guy and his buddies >_<).

Taking a peek at my xp bar, I headed back to the town...which is where you come in Kormai! :D

Another please.
Name: Vitani
Level: 85 (Ha! Take that! =P)
Exotics: Yes
No Restrictions

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Ahhhhhh! OMG I will never again look at that pet on Kormai from the top down...never!! Creeps me out! I love you for giving a report though. I'll try not to give you another spider.

And! Grats on 85 hehehehe.

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You can roll me spiders, you just probably won't get very long reports about them. =P No restrictions means no restrictions, I'll tame spiders if they get rolled for me. :)

And thank you. ^_^ It feels weird, my hunter's 85 and there's not a single rare I want to camp for her. I fell in love with my purple shale spider so I have no real need for Jadefang (other than the mini-pet). I have Rak'Shiri so no need for Sambas. And I have two spirit beasts so no need for Karoma or Ghost Crawler. XD

Also, another roll when you get the chance please. :hug:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
tactfullyArtisan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream US

Unread post by tactfullyArtisan »

I'd love a roll whenever you have time <:

Jettatura
Level 85 Goblin Hunter (Emerald Dream US)
Exotics?: Yes :D
Any exceptions?: Not a huge fan of monkeys/gorillas.

But you can skyrocket away from me,
and never come back if you find another galaxy
far from here with more room to fly.
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by.

Avatar by Moonlost, sig by Ashaine.

Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

I'd like to give it a go, too.

Name: Razzy
Level: 85 Orc
Restrictions: No cats, please!
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hmm, been a while since I've done one of these and I have no plans tomorrow. Okay! How about a roll for ol' Rhyela?

Name: Rhyela
Level: 85
Restrictions: No bears, please, or anything that will require a Cataclysm dungeon.

Thank you! ^.^

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Neko
Realm: Moonguard, Kirin Tor

Unread post by Neko »

Okay. This thread has exploded! But finally after a few days i get luck and finish my tames. No idea why it was so hard. -_-...

Anyway So my lowbie, Morzaht lvl25 Surv-hunter, Had to go out and tame either the Red bat or White condor. Me being up for a challenge sent her out after... Lord Condar!

So what happened was i was looking for this guy for a few days. Found em dead a few times apparently people just love killing him. *sigh* But anyway finally I got up bright and early and there he was! NPC scanner is awesome for hunting. So I did the normal tag and tame with no hitches considering all my stuff was broken down to bits of wood and leather. :( After all this I decided on a name for Lord condar. After a few seconds I named him Tznee.
Those that get the reference will probably beat me with a shoe. *dodges shoes*
^^Before i named him we posed. :D
- Model: Love his wings and the Ever so fluffy tail! Nothing much about the model warded me off but the warts. But hey, he is a vulture.
- Skin: The white coloring is lovely and is a nice contrast between black and white.
- Animations: Flap. Flap. Flap. Flapflapflap. Nothing much else to say.
- Sound effects: Normal little chitters when he attacks and a louder screeching when he does his special.
- Food requirements: Meat and fish so very easy to take care of.
- Tanking ability: He holds aggro till I let loose with more than auto shot. :(
- DPS output: medium to good dps.
- Pet family abilities: Has Demoralizing screech which is excellent in pvp.

Another good choice for Morzaht and well worth the wait. Cant wait for another challenge for her. Onto Corealinas!
Core got the Dark gray bone spider.

It was the easiest tame by far. I flew to the SW portal hub and grabbed the portal to Tol Barad.
Ran out of the camp passing over one of the regular brown spiders for this baby.
^^^^Looks good being tamed I gotta admit. I already had a different version of this spider in the bloody brown color but i was amazed at how beautiful this spider was! The purple eyes and the purple webbing were stunning up close!

A Very good pvp pet! I love the web they shoot out and i looooooove how it makes easy targets outta others. :D
Problem is that he is very crunchy... So make sure your aware most pvpers on the other side will kill this pet asap. D:
I have named him DeadTom!
- Model: The model is strange. But in certain colors not too Icky.
- Skin: LOVE this skin. The purple is just amazing.
- Animations: Wiggles side to side a little. Cleans his front legs. Wiggles. Not very annoying in his random resting animations.
- Sound effects: Little screeches and squeals when he fights and he makes an odd clicking noise when he runs but darn if he isn't cute.
- Food requirements: Meat. So i hunt some Gno... I mean go to the butcher and get him some good slices of meat.
- Tanking ability: Surprising to me he keeps aggro! My other spider cant keep aggro but he can.
- DPS output: Pretty good for a cunning pet.
- Pet family abilities: Shoots web! It is a 28 Second cool-down. Down from the 40 sec it used to be so Very effective!

Love this spider to pieces! No idea why I have never liked the spiders in game till this one. Going to have to say good bye to my old spider as i need bag-space soon. :(

Until then ill roll again!

Morzaht
lvl25 Surv hunter
Exotics? Not high enough yet. :(

Corealinas
lvl85 Beast master
No exceptions, can tame all.
Draenei, 25000 years old and that's not even middle aged.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Arghhh, I wish I could upload screenshots. WTB internet that can upload!

Anyway! My report on my black fox, who I named Phantom. (I was having a conversation with my friend about Phantom of the Opera, and I couldn't look at the bloody fox without calling it Phantom. I'm hopeless, I know. I have a frakking devilsaur named after him too. >.< And that doesn't even make sense!)
Model: I really like the fox model. It's nice and streamline, unlike cats or wolves. I love their huge, expressive ears and thin legs - very thin legs. Makes them look agile and flighty. The tail is nice and smooth as well. Overall, the entire model is very smooth and nicely done.

Skin: The black is my second favorite fox skin, only a hair behind the grey fox. The black looks very nice and smooth, with a very pretty white belly and tail. His eyes are beautiful, bright piercing yellow. The only problem I have with it is his mouth, which has very strange flat teeth. >.>

Animations: Very cute run animation, I really like how his model moves with it. They're the same as the Coyote model wolf animations, which I like a lot. He sniffs the ground and scratches his neck, sometimes howling as well. His swim animation isn't very exciting, but it works. He's very cute.

Sounds: I actually like his loud growling noises, it gives him life. He has fast, high pitched snarls that sound a lot like a real fox, actually. He also sounds a little insane, though... But hey, I like it!

DPS/tanking: He's great! An awesome dps pet, and a strong single-target tank. I need to use MD on multiple mobs, though, so I stick to Tenacity pets for those pulls. He also isn't as sturdy as my turtle, but that's a given. Really strong dps pet though, he seemed to be doing more damage than my other pets.

Special ability: Errmm... I really don't like Tail Spin. >.< It's nice that it can help him get a head start on many mob aggro, but when he darts off to chase a critter into more mobs... ugh. Yeah, I usually don't leave this skill on.

Overall a very nice little pet, although the special skill seems pretty useless solo. I might just keep him! (He's also a good luck charm! I had him along when I went to Deepholm and found Jadefang to tame, then he accompanied me to killing the rare elemental giant, who was also up.)

Another? :->
Rassaa, Alliance
85 BM
Exotics? Sure!
Restrictions? None. Even cata rares!

And...
Tain, Horde
52 BM
Exotics? Not high enough.
Restrictions? None!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

Uhh, finally got around to writing a review of my Yellow Hyena. Sorry it took so long, but I didn;t have much time to play, so that day with a random pet turned into several days, actually.

I was assigned a Yellow Hyena.
The ones I could tame were in Northern Barrens, so that is where I went: from Stormwind, to Booty Bat and by a boat to Ratchet. It was very uneventful journey, I was hoping it'd be more exciting for a character of my baby hunter's level.
I spotted the hyenas fast and tamed the closest one.

I called it CauldronCake, sticking to my Harry Potter sweets theme.
We then came back to Duskwood to quest a bit. I like this zone and was eager to complete it to see what changed since the Shattering.

We did some dungeons together as well.

And finally, in one of them, I managed to ding 30!

Hanging out with CauldronCake was ok, I think. He's a fine DPS pet, even on this level. I did have issues with getting aggro off of him however while questing, but I assume it would be the same if I had my boar out as well, with only 2 pet talents to be had. Tendon Rip is a very nice ability.

The pet itself had more or less the same animations as a regular wolf. Swimming animations were fine as well. I only had a problem with the hyena's awkward skin kind of crumbling around the skeleton, in the head and shoulder area, making CauldronCake look awkward, like it had its neck broken.
I had real issues with the yelps however. Compared to those goddamn ninja monkeys it was nothing, but not the most enjoyable sound in the world.
The colour looks ok with my character, but personally, I like the red and purple hyenas more.

PetEmote addon helped me bond with CauldronCake, actually. But it popped a funny one once.

Did... Did my hyena just rolled in poop?

Anyway, I think i'll be keeping CauldronCake, at least for now. I might decide to replace him with a different colour hyena at one point, but I don't really think it's nececairy.

Can I have another go? Also on a baby hunter, Pralinka is out of room :P

Name: Bajaderka
Level: 30
Exotics: Not yet, sorry...
Restrictions: No spiders, please. And no monkeys.
Still not opposed to camping rares and taking long and dangerous trips for a specific pet.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Neko wrote: - Pet family abilities: Shoots web! It is a 28 Second cool-down. Down from the 40 sec it used to be so Very effective!
Is it a 28 second cooldown in BM spec? I tested a spider yesterday as SV and the tooltip still read as a 40 second cooldown.

[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I have a frakking devilsaur named after him too. >.< And that doesn't even make sense!)
What do you mean 'it doesn't make sense'?! Those damned Devilsaurs can sneak up on you better than any ninja or stealthed mob I've ever dealt with!

.... anyhow, I just wanted to comment on that. But I'm not *completely* offtopic. I want another couple rolls to play with, if I may! This'll probably be Kura's last until I can clear his stable, as it'll be 100% full when 4.0.6 hits. :) Not for *long*, probably, but it will be.

Kurasu
Level: 85
Exotic: Yes!
Restrictions: Nada

Aloicious
Level: 41 (just zooming up there)
Exotic: Still not high enough (but getting there)
Restrictions: Nada
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Neko wrote: - Pet family abilities: Shoots web! It is a 28 Second cool-down. Down from the 40 sec it used to be so Very effective!
Is it a 28 second cooldown in BM spec? I tested a spider yesterday as SV and the tooltip still read as a 40 second cooldown.
Yes, my guess is she was BM spec. :) 40 seconds - 30% (12 seconds) = 28 seconds.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Kurasu wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:I have a frakking devilsaur named after him too. >.< And that doesn't even make sense!)
What do you mean 'it doesn't make sense'?! Those damned Devilsaurs can sneak up on you better than any ninja or stealthed mob I've ever dealt with
Okay, that's actually a good point. Hey! It does make sense now! Woo!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Rhyela wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Yes, my guess is she was BM spec. :) 40 seconds - 30% (12 seconds) = 28 seconds.
That's what I figured. I was just thrown off because they stated that it was no longer a 40 second cooldown.

[/center]
Neko
Realm: Moonguard, Kirin Tor

Unread post by Neko »

That's what I figured. I was just thrown off because they stated that it was no longer a 40 second cooldown.
Yeah I run around in my BM spec all the time. Somehow I get better dps from it than SV spec. Sorry for the confusion.
Draenei, 25000 years old and that's not even middle aged.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No worries. ^_^

[/center]
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

So for my challenge I had the blue and purple ravager! I already have a ravager but I wanted to see how it looked next to my orc. :)

These are just me taming the little guy! It was kind of a pain to get to because he was in SMV. I have the goofy long-tooth orc outfit on since I started the mount questline there.

I hearthed back with the little guy and named him Plum. :P

I really like using him when all the other buffs are covered. I've yet to run with an arms warrior or that other rogue spec [sorry, slips my mind right now!] so if everything else is covered, a ravager is definitely welcome. :)

He helps out the melee mostly but according to Skada my biggest damage comes from explosive shot, cobra shot and auto shot. Because of this, he helps me out in 5 mans too! :D While his buff does not increase my DPS as much as my kitty, he's definitely welcome in guild runs where I don't need my wolf, cat, wind serpent, etc.

I can see where he can be helpful in PvP if you're doing 5v5 or something maybe. While his debuff doesn't really help SV hunters much [he would be much more beneficial for MM!] then your feral druids and fury warriors and stuff should ALL love this little guy. :D I remember doing a UD Strat run with a rogue and feral druid who would both pet him after pulls because of his helpful little debuff.

This is another one of the "this color doesn't fit my orc" type of pets but for whatever reason these little ravagers have really grown on me. My 61 hunter has a green one named Peas and I currently have a red one with my orc named Tomato! Sometimes I just pull him out in Orgrimmar and run around... People don't seem to have ravagers anymore but Tomato is just too cute to not have with me at all times!

At any rate, I highly recommend this guy! :headbang: I mean, his colors are just GORGEOUS. I really love the way the pink/purple/blue blend together on his legs. I think it would be awesome if his eyes glowed blue like Tomato's glow red, though.

Here is my hunter and her ravager, Tomato. :) While I did end up releasing Plum, it made me appreciate Tomato even more. :D
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Kormai wrote:Thanks everyone for being patient!

Merlynshade (Gypsi)
Red Gorilla
Thanks for tossing out the assignments-it gives me something to work on during the day when my friend is not on.

So for this guy, the one closest to me in level was in Feralas-which is handy as I am currently questing in Thousand Needles. Flew back and made my way to his known spawn locations, Abaddon at my side. Took a fp to Shadebough, which was the closest to his location.

Found a troop of apes and tamed a red one, named him PetChallenge. Thus as long as you can get into Feralas, he is not a hard tame at all.

Appearance:
Looks wise, he is a bit too.. chubby I guess for my tastes. His idle animation is anything but idle. He is either scratching his rear or beating his chest.... constantly when standing still. He makes me tired watching him after a bit. I'm not fond of the 'red' skin on these guys so, I think the silver or black look a bit better, personally.

He does this weird floating in outer space thing while swimming, a bit amusing at least.

Use:
As a tank pet he does a fair job holding aggro,but I did pull from him if I wasn't careful about attacking.

I'll be honest, my wolf holds better aggro then this guy-but then, I'm more used to using ferocity pets then tanks (rarely as in almost never use tank pets normally) so I might not be watching for it as much as I was when I am with my wolf.

I did a full quest with him, and he did loose aggro a few times, but for the most part did alright. Then I took him down and let him fight my Abaddon's wild self.

PetChallenge won that fight-but it was because Snarler kept pulling him into groups of crazy Dryads and I had to help him out.... (yeah... sure). /Mourn Snarler

Let him go soon after that, returning him back to his troop of other red monkeys. Not my fave tank pet overall, but I could see the charm of them. Personally the thing I dislike the most would be the so-called idle animations that they have.

Roll me again. Gypsi level 42 NE BM Hunter. gimme a challenge if you can find one :P
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's called an "idle animation" because it's something they do when you're just standing around, it doesn't mean that they just stand there doing little to nothing. :)

[/center]