Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Cialbi wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Image
That's one clever tank. Wait until one of the hydra heads attacks, latch powerful jaw onto its face, and hold until the hydra is shot to death.

Oh, and I almost always say for you to go with the pet that you are more attached to.
Teehee. :P

Ziarre: That's kind of what I was going to go with if I end up keeping Kronk over Krush.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

LaughingWolf
Red Devilsaur

I have the beautiful black (blue one, her name is FluffyYummz) but I'll go tame this handsome guy and take some pics :)
I'll post pics tomarrow so long as I find Sir Lizzard tonight ;)
Rathidion
Realm: Deathwing (US)

Unread post by Rathidion »

Heck, I'll sign up:

Name: Rathidion
Level: 83
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: Preferred no Long camps (shorter camps are okay), No monkeys or gorillas please.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Kormai wrote: Arisia
Black Devilsaur
Happy hunting :!:
Hmm, well, I just tested the white devilsaur a week or so back, but considering that I once had THREE orange tiger skins on different BM hunters and thought each was different, I can dig this. ::grin::

So, I took a nice trip to Un'Goro and spent an HOUR flapping around the damn valley wherein I saw WHITE devilsaurs, BROWN devilsaurs... but not one nice black with blue pinstripes Devilsaur. I even KILLED some of said white and brown devilsaurs, but not ONE single black devilsaur popped up.

And then it began to rain in Un'Goro, which, as you might think, makes that place hellish... if I was really there, I'd simply explode from the humidity and sliminess of it all. As I am not, I simply Heartstoned back to Orgrimar, and took the portal to Outlands and tamed Tyrantus. I am nothing if not eminently practical, unlike my toon, Arisia, who stubbornly would have flapped about in the pouring rain until a darn black devilsaur appeared. In this, I am so much smarter than she...

I spotted him, landed, dropped a trap, mostly because I am so used to doing so, and tamed Tyrantus. In return, Tyrantus looked down his rather wide nose at Arisia, stepped to the side to *avoid* (no, really, it looked like he did that very thing) the trap, nipped her twice as she tamed and then spent the next hour or so roaring at Arisia every time he stood still.

Seriously, is this something unique to Tyrantus? Did I hit a really really REALLY annoying glitch? EVERY single idle second was spent with him roaring and being all ticked off-- and yes, I fed him to green, I slapped heals on him, I specced him, and ROARROARROARROAR it was until I could not deal with it a moment longer and dismissed him. Oy....

What stinks here is that it is one HECK of a lovely skin. I LOVE the black, deep grey and blue... I love his baby blue eyes... and as I stated when I tamed and tested the white devilsaur, I think these are magnificent hunter pets.

They eat meat, the special attacks are wonderful, the idle animations (except for Yowler, which is the name I ended up giving to the Tyrantus that I tamed before letting him go) are neat and the swim animation floors me with giggles. I was hooked the last time, and kept Prissy, my white devilsaur, and highly suggest that if you have the room that you pick a skin you like and tame one-- they're very lovely BM hunter pets.

All except the one I tamed... who apprently did not WANT to be owned by Arisia, and was NOT going to be silent about it...

Yes, hit me again-
Arisia
BM Hunter, exotics are fine
Level 85
Please, no pets that need to be grabbed from an instance

Thanks!
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Yay the upstairs is clean :shock: took me an hour just to scrub the railing...

Tyger (Yzma)
Red & Green Ravager

Belleirle
Red Core Hound

Rathidion
Blue Boss Wasp

Arisia
Brown Spiked Raptor

Enjoy ;)

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My poor lowbie has seen more travel time to Alliance lands than my upper level hunters. XD
And this right after poor 84 already shepherded me to that place. :P Water walking potions here I come.

Oh, and this was another skin I had been kind of eyeballing so what better way to test it out? :D

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

D: I'm so sorry!!!!! You should log her out there really....

Then again I'm glad to give you a reason to go there and test the skin!

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kormai wrote:D: I'm so sorry!!!!! You should log her out there really....

Then again I'm glad to give you a reason to go there and test the skin!
Teehee, no worries, I'm just giving you a hard time. :P

And if anyone cares, I've decided to keep Crush on Yzma over Kronk. Venjin, my troll on Nes will be picking up Ghamoo-ra's skin in Kronk's place. :)

[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Oh cool! What will you name him? Oh and Yzma NEEDS her Kronk so at some point one of your other pets must inherit that name!!!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I know. Originally I was going to change Crush's name to Kronk, but I've grown attached to him with the name Crush and changing it just wouldn't be the same. Been trying to come up with a good Kronk since then. This ravager or a beetle could be a good Kronk.

[/center]
Rathidion

Kormai wrote:Yay the upstairs is clean :shock: took me an hour just to scrub the railing...

Rathidion
Blue Boss Wasp
Report on Blue Boss Wasp: Codename Janet

Immediately after receiving my assignment, I took the boat up to Northrend, to once again spend time in Sholazar. It felt eerily familiar, after spending weeks farming Loque just last month. Quickly, i flew down to the wasps nest, and saw one hiding on the outskirts. Quickly, i dismissed my Terrorpene, dropped an ice-trap, and quickly acquired a new boss wasp.
Janet Just after taming
Janet Just after taming
WoWScrnShot_030711_185355.jpg (255.95 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
I named her Janet (Hopefully some of you get the reference). Like all boss wasps currently, she's ENORMOUS, Which although it's cool, she often got in the way of me looting corpses, having her wings or claws blocking my clicks.

Model-wise, I love the boss wasps. They have just the right amount of static and active idle animations, and pretty good attack animations.
Janet proceeding to stab a gorilla in the face.
Janet proceeding to stab a gorilla in the face.
WoWScrnShot_030711_190358.jpg (187.92 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Skin-wise, she's beautiful, with her wings and back patterns particularly cathicng my eye. However, I do think that this particular skin could use a contrasting colour, to break up the monotony of pure purple.
Her wings and Back pattern are beautiful.
Her wings and Back pattern are beautiful.
WoWScrnShot_030711_190530.jpg (291.56 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Like all boss wasps, She's quite noisy, making lots of hisses and clicks as she attacks. As for her diet, it's fairly open other than the exclusion of meat. I always keep a stack of berries on hand in-case I'm using a vegetarian pet.

Again, I have to mention the size. This bug is HUGE! Especially under bestial wrath. If we assume that your average human male is 6ft, then your average night elf male would be between 7 and 8 feet. Under Bestial wrath, this bug was EASILY twice my height as a night elf.
Janet in the Dwarven District, regular size.
Janet in the Dwarven District, regular size.
WoWScrnShot_030711_190923.jpg (262.28 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
She's definitely pretty under Bestial Wrath as well. And she's huge! (changing with 4.1)
She's definitely pretty under Bestial Wrath as well. And she's huge! (changing with 4.1)
WoWScrnShot_030711_190938.jpg (299.47 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Performance-wise, she was like any other ferocity pet for both DPS and tanking ability. For soloing, the wasp's sting ability is quite nice, but i could see it being situational at best in groups.

Sadly, Janet and I didn't click, because I already had a Wasp-love in my stable. Sorry Janet, but I've had Hank since as soon as I could catch him, and Him and I are too close.
Sadly, Janet and I didn't click when compared to Hank, the boss-wasp I've had since the Cataclysm.
Sadly, Janet and I didn't click when compared to Hank, the boss-wasp I've had since the Cataclysm.
WoWScrnShot_030711_190623.jpg (317.8 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Overall recommendation, 7.5/10.
Tydarus
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Tydarus »

Kormai likes sending people to the draenei areas :p At least you won't have to go through lvl 90 guards this time Tyger!

My report is on Image, found in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley, as well as on "Count" Ungula in Zangarmarsh. I decided to go for the Count, even though he's a quest mob, not a rare. I still had to use NPCscan to find the little bugger, though!

He doesn't have a top hat or a mustache but DEFINITELY needs one.

I've been wanting to tame a nether ray, so I was glad for the excuse to go get one. I was looking at the gold or red versions, but the colors on the Count (renamed Saarlac due to the way his mouth looks) are pretty striking.

Really nice shades of purple and pink mixed in with silver, and a dark blue/black underbelly. Very nice indeed.

As far as animations though, nether rays are actually pretty boring. I thought they might move gracefully like sporebats, but it turns out they just kind of glide along next to you, without the flowing movement I was expecting. They don't have much of an idle animation except looking right and left, and don't make any sounds next to you, good for those who like quiet companions. When you send them into combat, they make a sort of gurgling noise and use their tails and foreheads to bash the enemy mobs.

They really are quite small when tamed.

Their special is an interrupt/silence, which unfortunately they don't smart cast, and will use willy-nilly. Like wind serpents or serpents, they will use it immediately on initiating combat, which is a waste. I tried to micro manage it but was rarely fast enough.

I was frankly disappointed with the nether ray. They look really cool, but are pretty boring. The special would be much more useful if it were smart cast, and they just don't have that much personality.

But he does look pretty in Dalaran.

Tydarus' stables are nearly full and my school workload is piling on, so I will take a break from the challenge for a bit. Happy taming everyone!

Edit: Fix'd
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_030411_182636.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030411_182636.jpg (124.62 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
WoWScrnShot_030411_182745.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030411_182745.jpg (110.99 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
WoWScrnShot_030411_184257.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030411_184257.jpg (104.55 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
WoWScrnShot_030411_184601.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030411_184601.jpg (85.33 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Last edited by Tydarus on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finick from the Petopians Guild

Tydarus' Stables
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Your image links point to attachments - that don't exist. Hence, no images :(
Last edited by Cialbi on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh my goodness, she is rather big under BW isn't she? (This statement made in reference to the wasp report.) :lol: Sorry, I've never had a boss wasp before, I may have to go toy around with that before they change it. XD

Anyway, I'm here to make my report on: Image.

A little bit of story first: *Ahem* So, Yzma's theme is dead and gothic looking pets. I'd been kind of browsing through the ravager skins to see if one could fit the bill of 'gothic' and my eye kept being drawn to this skin even though it's not the stereotypical gothic look. I thought about getting this guy while I was out there with 84, but decided against it thinking I would wait to be high enough in level for the red and black one.

Well, that changed with this challenge. Plus, I also think that Kormai's secretly evil and just wants to see me suffer going through Alliance lands for these pets. :P (I tease!) Anywho, on to the report!

This time I went prepared to the Draenei lands. I bought an Elixir of Water Walking and ran up through Ashenvale and Darkshore and across the waters with about 1/4 of my fatigue bar left (this is on a slow mount). :D

Upon arriving at the proper location on Bloodmyst Isle, I found one of the ravagers just wandering about by his lonesome.

Not that I really needed a trap to tame this guy, I did it out of habit and for fun. :P

Once he was by my side, I set us up for a screenshot and then stared at him for a while trying to decide what Disney name would fit him best. I finally found the name Hopper (from a Bug's Life) and decided it was perfect.

I LOVE this skin. It looks great in game. The greenish-yellow makes him look like he got hit by a plague bomb (which is why I'm saying he fits Yzma's theme :P ). The purple face is a deliciously dark purple and the bright pink is a wonderful contrast.

His teeth are a really neat color too, sort of a blend of the pink and purple. He also has little reddish colored eyes. There's also no major flaws with the model that I can see.

Ravagers have some of the funniest movements. By your side they look nice and fierce; they look from side to side like it's a challenge to any who might threaten them or their master. When they run, they hunch that body of theirs over and sort of do this skittering waddle-like thing. I love it. XD

When they swim, they tilt themselves forward, jutting that jaw of theirs out, and they sort of squish their legs kind of like how octopi and squids swim.

Hopper did surprisingly well in combat. He and I downed enemies so fast that he had no time to lose aggro. It was a wonderful change compared to the endless kiting I feel like I end up doing trying to level as SV (looking at you Kronk in BFD).

I think Hopper's special, Ravage, helped to contribute to our quick downing of enemies. It's a 4% increase to physical damage; while only benefiting my autoshots, it benefits his entire repertoire of attacks, helping him hit harder and thereby also increasing his threat. A win-win situation in my books. Also a fabulous debuff to have around for any melee heavy groups. :)

Overall, I *really* like this guy. While Hopper doesn't really fit the list of either dead or gothic, his colors just feel somehow befitting of an undead and although I've only spent a brief amount of time with him, I'm pretty attached to him. So really Kormai, I ought to thank you for all these crazy journeys you've sent me on for pets. :P

[/center]
firekeeper77
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by firekeeper77 »

THIS LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN :D
Name: Fuzzykeeper
Level: 85
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: none! have at it!
Rathidion

Just as a note: I'd love to participate again when you're next rolling.

Name: Rathidion
Level: 83
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: Preferred no Long camps (shorter camps are okay), No monkeys or gorillas please.

Hopefully we'll find a pet that clicks for my one and only remaining stable slot.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:His teeth are a really neat color too, sort of a blend of the pink and purple. He also has little reddish colored eyes. There's also no major flaws with the model that I can see.
Huh, I expected you of all people to notice that 2d 'mane' running down the dorsal of the bugger. It's practically invisible when looking at the ravager from behind. There was also an annoying graphics glitch with my ravager, part of the mane wasn't able to decide what shade it should be and ended up a pixellated mess, but that could easily be chalked up to my crappy computer forcing me to lower graphics settings significantly.

BTW, good on you for noting that the 4% physical damage debuff is an overall threat increase for your pet! Not many people point that out.

_____

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

To be honest, I didn't notice any part of his 'mane' looking 2-D, but maybe that had something to do with me being enthralled by his color and not paying as much attention as I should have to the model. I have a newer computer so I run my graphics at the high setting. I'll take another look at him when I get back on Yzma.

Edit: As an addition to my report, I'd like to add that Cialbi is right; their 'mane' is a little bit pixellated looking when viewing it from the side.

[/center]
Belleirle
Realm: Galakrond-US

Unread post by Belleirle »

This is my first Report here, so be nice ;P

Report on Red Core Hound Image.

I had actually tamed The Beast from UBRS yesterday, having needed a break from camping Deathmaw. After taming my brand new core hound, I had sent him off to get used to the stables for a meet and greet with my other pets while I camped out some more. I don't get any screenshots while taming, since I was flying through the air a for a good percentage of it. I took this challenge as a sign that I needed to spend some quality time with my new pal and find the right name for him. After mistakenly clicking the button for his special ability, ancient hysteria, I realized this big guy might be a little trouble maker at heart. I figured that Loki would be a more than fitting name, and watched him on a nearby place where he decided to live up to his name.

I've always loved the way the core hounds looked, being big, fearsome, and meaning business. The red skin is my favorite of the bunch, with their bold color and the fiery streak down their back. He's taller than my dwarf by almost a full head and bigger by far in general. He's got a pretty standard walk and leaves a trail of flame in the air behind him. The only off thing about him is the lava that he drools, as it seems to not fit the model in a way. He also leaves a trail of the lava droll behind him also.

His swimming animation is a doggie paddle, but it feels a little waddle like with those short legs of his.

He's a very quiet companion while idling about, making pretty much no noise. His idle animation is simply rearing his head back to make a howl, but makes no noise while doing that. he tends to do it back to back a few times in a row. Now, when he's fighting, he's far from quiet. He makes a loud chomping/swiping noise when he does bite. he lava breathe also makes a whoosh sound. His fighting style is wonderful to me and I enjoy watching it.

I took him off to do dailies in Tol Barad, where he seemed to have pretty normal tanking ability compared to my mastiff, even though he was a couple of levels lower than the mobs. His dps was pretty normal compared to my other pets also. He can even teach my pint sized core hound pup a trick or two. His special ability, ancient hysteria, has good utility if you don't have a mage or shaman in your group for the bloodlust/timewarp.

I am keeping him for sure, because I would miss this trouble maker too much and he will be very useful in certain groups and situations.

Forgive any typos or misspellings, neither are my strong suite ;)
And sign me up for another one :D
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Belleirle wrote:This is my first Report here, so be nice ;P
:(

*reads report*

That actually is an entertaining read. Though, I'm not sure that Loki having something like Ancient Hysteria is such a good idea... :twisted:
So yes, keep up the good work!

To echo TygerDarkstorm, could you please do those two gals a favor and post in the given format (name, level, etc.) every single time, so that they don't have to go digging back through this thread to find where you first posted that info? It's a lot of work (or so they claim... hey, put down the pitchfork, I was just kidding. Honest), so making the process easier for them is always a good idea.

_____