Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Taiji
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by Taiji »

Here is my first report!
The pet the dice had given me was this one:

I decided to take my hearthstone to Orgrimmar and head out to the shores of the Southfury River. After scouting the area, searching for footsteps and tracking down a potential candidate - I spotted him!

I placed my mark on him and ran into the water to tame him.

He succumbed fast enough to my will - and here he is:

I named my crocolisk, seeing it as a male, "Mekos". He is named after the Mekosuchinae, some sort of proto-crocodiles.
Seeing I'm heirloomed, everything died fast, so I couldn't say much about the damage. After an initial trying-out I found Mekos could keep aggro quite well.

I am still a bit in doubt about whether I like his model or not. His legs are quite blocky and when he walks his spine looks definitely as if it's broken into three pieces. His texturing on the other hand is very neat. His skin has a lot of greens and browns in it and the grey scales on his tail and belly look shiny and quite lovely. His swimming animation is quite smooth - he's a crocolisk after all! His head is quite detailed. The eye is yellow or green depending on the light and it blinks now and then. He also has little whiskers. I was not as much a fan of the spiny ridges on his back and tail. Those look a bit weird from some angles.

Though at first I thought: "Crocolisk - meh", I did decide to keep Mekos for now. Perhaps I'll replace him once with a Cataclysm Crocolisk, but for now I do really like him!
I took him with me to Un'Goro crater to do quests, which makes me now level 55-and-three-quarters!
The Crocolisk makes rough, grunty and low sounds which fit the pet I think.

I am also ready for another roll:

Name: Fiorinth
Level: 55
Exotics: Not yet!
Restrictions: Not a Crocolisk as I just had one.
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Name: Chrizesu
Level: 83
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: no rares

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Fiorinth:
Undead Boar

Chrizesu:
Tan Wasp

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

All right, tossed out a couple of rolls before making my report with Fiona. She had Image.

After perusing the Petopia page I saw there were some of these guys in the troll starting area, which was perfect since I was in Orgrimmar. And so Fiona found her target piggy.

I then started waving my fingers at him in order to entice him to being my friend.

And here's Baconator and I after the tame.

I actually really like the color of these guys. They're a nice golden color with a red mane and black snout. They have weird looking stripes on their sides that almost make it look as if they got scratched. Along their mane and belly is a white stripe as well.

One thing I did notice as I was studying the model is that it seems to be very blocky and edgy. Depending on the position they're standing in depends on how angly they look.
It's nothing too deal breakerish for me as overall piggies are very cute.

Boars are very charming in their animations. They do them frequently like monkeys and gorillas, although I don't find it nearly as annoying. Even their side to side look is full of personality, and their butt wiggle just makes me go d'awwww. When piggies run, they run with personality going into like a full blown sprint and stretching all those legs of theirs out.

For combat, pigs are tenacity so their damage isn't terrible, but not the best. Their increased bleed debuff is pretty useless for BM and SV, but these guys could make decent tank pets for MM. For a group situation I'd probably take a hyena over a boar.

I really like the way Baconator looks with Fiona, however I plan to rename him MrWiggles. The name came to me when I woke up this morning and it's much more fitting to Fiona's theme of cutesy pets (plus he totally looks like a MrWiggles :lol: ).

I'll post Ruffley's review after I do Fiona's theme challenge.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

:shock: wow...it's stickied. Thanks lovely forum mod/Mania, whomever did it. Though it did take me about 10 minutes to figure out what happened to it. I went through about 5 pages of the Pet Discussion forum expecting that if it had been moved I would see the "Moved:" tag before it...but it wasn't there. So I had to go to my own posts to find it where I saw it had been moved and stickied.

Thanks Tyger...I'm going to have to start getting up eariler just to beat you to the rolls! *giggle*

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

:oops: Sorry, I woke up earlier than usual today and decided to just stay awake.
I also stay up really late at night. >_>

[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

So I noticed haha. I stay up late usually and get up late and most of my attempts to change that schedule have failed.

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I really like the way Baconator looks with Fiona, however I plan to rename him MrWiggles. The name came to me when I woke up this morning and it's much more fitting to Fiona's theme of cutesy pets (plus he totally looks like a MrWiggles :lol: ).
I'm pretty sure MrWiggles won't work, since the 'Mr' part is restricted. Though, I don't believe 'Mista' is restricted, so you could try 'MistaWiggles'.
Belleirle wrote:(Ignore Frankie the hatchling in the pic, he's been in too many quest cut scenes and it's gone to his head.)
I must say, that stole the show. Your comment, plus Frankie's expression, is just priceless! :lol:
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aw, that makes me a sad panda that 'Mr' is reserved. I may just name him Wiggles then and he'll be Mr. Wiggles in my mind.

And yes! I totally forgot to comment about that photobomb! It's one of the most epic photobombs I've ever seen. I wish I could get my mini-pets to situate properly in screenshots. :lol:

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I had this assigned to me Image

I brougth Clancy with me, and traveled all the way to Scarlet Monestary, and surprisingly enough i was able to clear the way, so i could tame one of the doggies (Way to go Clancy Wiggum!!)
I tamed the first patroling dog i saw

Brougth Chyuen back to sw with me to inspect the doggie. I do like the blue eyes, they seam to indicate that Chyuen is a really kind dog. The droolflaps really bothers me. I think Predatoria enheritaged my rl droolfobia.

Other then that i think this dogmodel is ... well boring, atleast when standing still and viewing at him. There is no real coating details in his skin, and for me its just a big block of meaninglessness, specially viewed from behind. Only thing that breaks the nothingness is when he slings his head... and i just wanna take cover from the drool when he does that

Swimming animation is... meh what i expected for a dog, a dog paddle.. nothing about it that makes me go d´awwww, but nothing that truly borthers me either. Atleast the water will wash away the drool

The only time i saw just a little hench of personality is in the running animation. I really like how Chyun came to look in this screenie.

The running animation kinda made me like the dog, but he wont have a spot in my stable, simple due to his drool face... and the lack of details in this model

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ummm....your dog looks more brown than red. o_O
Must just be the lighting I guess.

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Moth report! It's even fast!

I happened to be right next to the only white moth in the game, so I quickly tamed one and hearthed to Org. She was surprisingly large compared to my troll, unexpected but appreciated. I like large pets.
First thing I noticed was how nice and shiny she was!

Wings are hard to get a good picture of, but they were a nice white with darker spots. At first I thought she'd be 100% greyscale, but it looks like her body has a bit of golden tan in it.
I did notice one problem - the fuzzy mane sticks up awkwardly.

Then I took her to Hyjal and tested her fighting and her swimming. I was somewhat disappointed swimming wise - her flap animation just slows down. Also, trolls look ridiculous when you try to screenshot them swimming!

I took a minute to look at her more closely. In the darker parts of Hyjal, her fur looks dull and tan.

However, I did notice something amazing - how adorable her little claws are. The white speckles on dark, dark brown look amazing. So huggable!

Model: Very nice, with great foot detail and overall detail. My only complaint is that their ruff sticks out in a very 2-D way. Overall they're made to look soft and furry, which is really adorable.

Skin: Very, very pretty. While a bit bright, she has soft gold highlights on her fuzzy body. Her eyes are completely black which is a little creepy, but it matches the rest of the skin pretty well. I really love the white speckles on her legs/horn, though. It looks almost fairy like, and compliments the dust falling from her well.

Sounds: Extremely quiet. She hardly makes a sound, ever. A nice contrast to the roaring Devilsaur and the bubbling Core Hound!

Animations: Running looks nice, Wings flapping and head bobbing. Swimming is a bit boring, though, a slowed down flap. As for attacks, they're very subtle. She headbutts the enemy and attacks with her legs, but it's all very small movements that you don't really notice. I didn't notice any real idle animations.

DPS: She's ferocity, oddly enough (She's the calmest, most serene pet I've ever seen), so her dps is quite high. Specced right she could do just as much damage as a cat, except she doesn't have the roar that cats do.

Tanking: As ferocity, mutli-target and even single-target tanking isn't the best. She's a bit weak, as all ferocity pets can be. Requires mend pet most of the time. I don't believe her special skill does any sort of AoE either.

Special: A silence that, as far as I can tell, she smart casts! Quite nice, especially if you're in a dungeon and a mob needs to be interrupted. However, it doesn't buff the hunter or the group, so it isn't technically the "prime" dungeon pet.

Overall: I loved her, I really did. Such a sweet, calm pet. This doesn't fit that hunter at all, though, so I'm afraid some other hunter of mine will need to tame a moth instead.

Another? :-)
Vallrok
82 BM
Exotics? Sure!
Restrictions? Er, no monkeys. I hate monkeys.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Belleirle
Realm: Galakrond-US

Unread post by Belleirle »

Report on Brown Spore Bat Image.

After taming the pets for my Pet Theme Challenge, I headed over to Zangermarsh and my meeting with Sporewing. He was a lot bigger than I had remembered from leveling through this area, but that was no matter. He went willing into my ice trap it seemed and the tame went smoothly.

After a first glance, I felt he needed a name that seemed to fit with his glowy-mess, and after a quick search with an online thesaurus, gave him the name Radiance. The sporebat models seem smooth and not too outdated. He's has a yellowish-brown color on his back and head, with some greyish-brown on the length of this tail. His eyes, underside, and tips of his tails all give off a glow. he's eyes are a strong yellow glow, while his tail tips are a peachy-pinky color compared to the neon pink of the other sporebat skins.His belly is an orange glow with the "wing" flap undersides are a green. He has some purple markings under his eyes, giving the look of having a second set of eyes. He has some grey streaks that run across his back.Compared to the other skins, I like his not neon pink tail, but not much of a fan of the yellow-brown color. I'd likey tame one of the other skins over this one.

His animations flow nicely when running and swimming, which are pretty much the exact same thing. He doesn't run ahead of you which is nice. He's flying high enough that he might get in the way of you or other people, but he doesn't tend to block has much compared to a core hound. His idle seems to just be floating about next to you, and just kinda flexing about. He makes no noise while beside you. When fighting, he makes whoosh/swipe sounds as he attacks things with his tail.

He is a decent dps but didn't seem to stand out to me. He held aggro well with 1 mob, but didn't really try to test out his aoe tanking since I was lagging out and didn't want to risk a repair bill from a bad connection. The sporebat special ability, Spore Cloud, is an aoe debuff that reduces the casting time of enemies. It sounds like it would be most useful in pvp or a group that didn't have any classes that bring that buff with them. The spore cloud is a yellow cloud that appears on the ground when used. He didn't seem to take damage too heavily or require too many heals, but he isn't exactly a tenacity pet either.

Overall, Radiance was a good pet, but I would prefer a different colored skin compared to the Brown one. He ended up being set free to happily roam the lands of Zangermarsh again. And I think I'm going to wait a day or two again before taking another roll, since the raid days might take up more time than I can give for my next tame. :)
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Ummm....your dog looks more brown than red. o_O
The screenshots were taken at night, which is probably why the red (more of a ruddy red; kinda like how a redhead doesn't necessarily have red hair) isn't standing out. Colors tend to be muted in dark conditions, unless they are giving off their own light.
Belleirle wrote:Image
Wow, that thing towers over your dwarf! I guess that I've never really used a sporebat on Cialbi, or paid close attention.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Cialbi wrote: The screenshots were taken at night, which is probably why the red (more of a ruddy red; kinda like how a redhead doesn't necessarily have red hair) isn't standing out. Colors tend to be muted in dark conditions, unless they are giving off their own light.
Yeah, at first I thought it looked an awful lot like the brown dog, but in her pic it clearly says Scarlet Tracking Hound. I was hoping to see the pretty red color that the website shows, but I should know that the colors on pets tend to look different in game. :lol:

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

'hehe yeah, i did this when it was dark. DO you want me to redo it so the red color is more visibile? i did tame the one in scarlet, so it is a red dog, but i dont mind redoing it at a day time if he looks to brown.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tårnfalk wrote:
'hehe yeah, i did this when it was dark. DO you want me to redo it so the red color is more visibile? i did tame the one in scarlet, so it is a red dog, but i dont mind redoing it at a day time if he looks to brown.
No no, no need. Like I said, you can see that you're taming the correct one in the screenshot. :D
It just caught me off guard with how brown it actually looks in game. I sometimes forget that the Petopia pictures aren't necessarily how the pets actually look in game. :)

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

:) heh i take another roll then

Really should lvl predatoria but meh :P

Let me try to see if Tårnfalk too can get into this kind of buisness. i have a really fun time doing it on Predatoria

Name : Tårnfalk
lvl: 85
Restrictions : No über rare
Excotics: Sure

Name: Predatoria
lvl:35
Restrictions: No über rare
Excotics: Not yet :)

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Well Tyger is probably going to beat me to the rolls again tomorrow since it's now 4:30 in the morning and I'm just going to bed. But I raided a Cata dungeon for the first time tonight AND when we called it I got half the raid to go with me to BWL so I could get Chromaggus!!

Yes I know it's sad that we've only started raiding now, but people in the guild have been busy and they raid at 12:30 am...which is hard for people. :(

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nah, I figured I'd let you handle the rolls this time. I'm feeling lazy. :P
Plus, there's only like two and I'm being really determined about trying to get Ruffley the parrot all by herself. XD

Soloing Deadmines should not be possible at level 19, but I'm totally rockin it. :lol:

[/center]